Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

75Lbs Gone In 4.5 Months... 241 To 166!

Fantastic advice! I can't wait to get my new "tool" working too.

Congrats woot woot . Keep it up..

Ahhh, to be 25 again! I agree that the weight comes off easier for the younger ones! I'm only down 25 lbs in 5 weeks. That is good, but I had a stall and I'm in another one already. But my doctor did bring up a good point, he said, would you have lost 25 lbs without the surgery? Good point! No, I would not have.

I loved looking at the before/after/progress pics while I was just getting started here' date=' so I always try to reciprocate :)

Before: 241 (probably got up into the 250's but wasn't tracking)

No real pre-op loss.

Currently: 166-168.

Nutrition: Focus on Protein and Water. Can basically eat and drink whatever I want in very small portions. Foods that don't agree with me: bread, tortillas and rice generally don't sit well so I avoid them. Pasta is ok, and so are crackers/toast. My favorite foods: anything seafood. In the last few weeks I've eaten salmon, swordfish, shrimp, and sushi. Also: cheese, in any way, shape or form. I've had more caprese salad in the last month than in the rest of my life combined. Yum yum! My not-guilty-at-all guilty pleasure: coffee, with full fat creamer and occasionally some sweetener (read: on my period, heh). Every day. Mmmm. Stuff that goes down easier than I wish it would: Anything made of potato. DAMN YOU, POTATOES! *shakes fist*

Also worth noting - I can eat as much fruit and veggies as a "normal" person. No one would ever know I had surgery when eating from a veggie tray. For some odd reason, there's no restriction with those two items. I can't eat as quickly as I used to, but I could graze all day. Weird!

I've taken a purposeful no-stress policy over this. Stress stalls weight loss. You heard it here first! I had no pre-op, I have very, very laid-back post-op, and although my weight loss has slowed, I'm still losing consistently. 75lbs in 4.5 months is more than good enough for me :) My current exercise routine is... well, nothing. Not NOTHING, I guess, if you count typing as exercise. I work a lot and am terribly out of shape. So it's been slow going to get started.

Pictures:

Size 18/20. That's an XXL shirt from Kohl's. Summer 2011.

This is a before/progress. Winter 2012 on the left, and about 40lbs down (or about 35lbs ago) on the right.

Approx. 168lbs

Approx. 168lbs. Size L yoga pants from Target (Champion) and size M shirt (unisex)

Trying on at Old Navy :) Sweetheart boot cut jeans in 12 short. Hoodie is a L. Both fit comfortably and will likely be loose in approx. 2-3 weeks.

IF I CAN DO IT, ANYONE CAN. Hope this gives someone out there the inspiration they need to get healthy![/quote']

Oh my. You look so different (in a good way tho!) Thanks for all the advice...its good to be able to hear ur experiences

This is a fabulous transformation !

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your inspirational story. You just made my day. I have my surgery on 8 Oct 12.

Congrats on your success and positive attitude. I especially love the pic in your Adidas hoodie. You can tell a big difference!!! Congrats ;0)

Thanks for posting. You look wonderful. I've been worried i see a lot of people droping a lot of weight pre op and I've only lost 4lbs on my preop diet. Surgery is Monday.

Very inspiring:). I love what you say about stress, since I believe it effects all of us negatively. Great job and pics!

I agree with trying not to stress too. I try my best not to stress. If I eat something off plan, I don't punish myself. I think that can cause issues down the road. I try to make good choices most of the time and if I don't make a good choice sometimes--then it's all good.

You are looking good! You have done well! And working 60 hours a week burns a lot of calories :-)

That's awesome, congratulations, and thanks for sharing your story!

Wow congrats!!! Your story is very inspiring and thanks for posting pics! I just got sleeved on 9/06/12 and I'm 10 days out! On Water and protin shakes

Your looking Fantastic!