Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 Days Post Op Side Feels Like I've Been Run Over By A Truck And It Hurts When I Breathe!

Had my sleeve on the 4th and I'm trying really hard to be positive but it hurts so bad to breathe, to move ,to laugh. I honestly don't think if eating a cup of anything in 5 days because it seems like it gets caught in my throat and chest and hurts to go down. The only thing that works is Water and popsicles!

Have not be to the bathroom since before surgery ( bowel movement). Everything smells aweful...sometimes I think this is the best thing I could have ever done so I will post positive comments then my body starts laughing at me and snaps me back to my reality!! Please tell me this will pass..just want the pain to stop

Wow still in that much pain? I am mostly just sore. Able to do all the walking I can tolerate, and get up/down with little/no issues. We've been to the mall, to Walmart, walked around the neighborhood. I haven't always looked great (pjs mostly bc my stomach is so swollen I can't get on jeans, and they hurt my incisions), but I don't care. I hope you feel better soon!

Robyn

Had my sleeve on the 4th and I'm trying really hard to be positive but it hurts so bad to breathe, to move ,to laugh. I honestly don't think if eating a cup of anything in 5 days because it seems like it gets caught in my throat and chest and hurts to go down. The only thing that works is Water and popsicles!

Have not be to the bathroom since before surgery ( bowel movement). Everything smells aweful...sometimes I think this is the best thing I could have ever done so I will post positive comments then my body starts laughing at me and snaps me back to my reality!! Please tell me this will pass..just want the pain to stop

Hang in there! I feel like I am in the same boat. Like- don't make me laugh, burp, cough, blow my nose....um what else! But it is getting a little easier! I think I am just a few days further than you. I still have gas pains and gas-x strips really help with that. I have breathing pains but it's more along the bottom of my ribs, and as far as #2? Well, I am finally going to take matters into my own hands with some Smooth Move tea. I hear you. Feel you infact. Hang in there . I think we are almost over the worst of it. All the best!!!!!

If youre having pribkems breathing- you should go to ER-

Wow still in that much pain? I am mostly just sore. Able to do all the walking I can tolerate' date=' and get up/down with little/no issues. We've been to the mall, to Walmart, walked around the neighborhood. I haven't always looked great (pjs mostly bc my stomach is so swollen I can't get on jeans, and they hurt my incisions), but I don't care. I hope you feel better soon!

Robyn[/quote']

I walk around my neighborhood 2-3 times a day out back in my alley so its a pretty good distance from one end to the other takes a lot out me..but the pain sometimes is so bad. I'm trying to keep positive but it'd really getting harder..

Hang in there! I feel like I am in the same boat. Like- don't make me laugh' date=' burp, cough, blow my nose....um what else! But it is getting a little easier! I think I am just a few days further than you. I still have gas pains and gas-x strips really help with that. I have breathing pains but it's more along the bottom of my ribs, and as far as #2? Well, I am finally going to take matters into my own hands with some Smooth Move tea. I hear you. Feel you infact. Hang in there . I think we are almost over the worst of it. All the best!!!!![/quote']

That's where mine are mostly feels like its restricted...and if I take in a deep breathe that's worse....just want this phase over .....

I walk around my neighborhood 2-3 times a day out back in my alley so its a pretty good distance from one end to the other takes a lot out me..but the pain sometimes is so bad. I'm trying to keep positive but it'd really getting harder..

It can never hurt to touch base with your doctor- I am sure they have after hours contact numbers. Maybe they can offer more insight too.

That's where mine are mostly feels like its restricted...and if I take in a deep breathe that's worse....just want this phase over .....

DITTO!!!!

It can never hurt to touch base with your doctor- I am sure they have after hours contact numbers. Maybe they can offer more insight too.

Have my appointment tomorrow trying to wait it out...

It's good you're seeing the doctor. It could be nothing, but it is best to hear that from the doctor.

So sorry to hear this! I had my surgery the same day and I feel awful too! I keep seeing all of these posts from people who had their surgery the same day or even after who are doing all of these "normal" things(like walking and going to the store) and I can't help but be super jealous as I sit here in all of this pain. I have not been anywhere since my surgery bc I am in way too much pain to barely move. I have been trying to walk, but I don't get very far bc my body starts to shake from the pain and I can't stand any longer. Walking to the bathroom takes everything I've got. :) So, I hate it for you, but at least you aren't the only one. I think we are all just so different and I had a reaction to the anesthesia so I wasn't able to get out of bed for the first couple of days which I think definitely slowed my progress. I am trying to walk as much as possible and just hoping the pain goes away. My tummy is so swollen and the muscle under my largest incision hurts so bad that I can hardly stand it most of the time. I am still having to sleep in a recliner because there is no way I can lay down in a bed. Definitely wishing for things to get even somewhere near normal because being locked inside for this many days is making me a little crazy.

As for the bathroom, I haven't gone since before my surgery either. :/ Although, I am able to eat and have been since the surgery. It takes me forever, but I am able to eat about 4oz of pretty much anything pureed.

Hope you feel better soon!

Idk but are you guys still on the pain med. I stopped last night. I only took it a couple of times since I've been home. But the hangover effect is so bad. I just decided to stop it. I'm doing better I was sweating a lot and its more hot I know its bc of the meds. Once we clear out (in all ways) we should be ok.

It gets better - I was a train wreck for weeks. The not being able to get more than a tiny sip of liquid down at a time was terrible - but that improves a lot within the first few weeks.

Idk but are you guys still on the pain med. I stopped last night. I only took it a couple of times since I've been home. But the hangover effect is so bad. I just decided to stop it. I'm doing better I was sweating a lot and its more hot I know its bc of the meds. Once we clear out (in all ways) we should be ok.

I am still on pain meds and there is no way I can stop them yet. My pain is still around 9/10. I am not in a fog or anything anymore though. The I my time I was like that was the first night in the hospital when I was still getting pain meds via IV. The oral meds are not the same bc they are meant to last longer and don't snow me under like IV pain meds do. I don't feel any different bc of the meds other than being able to tolerate the pain better. I think it's awesome that you are not having to take them, but if I were to stop those now I would be in much worse shape and wouldn't be able to get around the little bit that I am. It is amazing how much one person can differ from the next.

I stop taking mine because they didn't work even after I took two at a time..I can't take hydro so be gave me ultram and it does nothing not even put me to sleep...I'm still on liquids until see my Dr next week.. so hopefully I will get to the next phase. I'm suppose to go back to work on the 18 th so I'm gonna need a miracle...now I'm questioning my decision...you know before I had this done I wad numb...not scared or excited just ok whatever kind of feeling...now I'm like WTH!!!