Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Start At 240Ish Lbs?

That's rude. I'm around that weight and I'm MORBIDLY OBESE. Yea I'm short but whatever. We all need help.... it doesn't matter if you only need to lose 20 lbs or 2000 lbs' date=' we shouldn't judge.[/quote']

I completely agree. I lost 10 before surgery but was 225 at day of surgery. I herd the nurses talking in Spanish that I was skinny. I was a size 18! On the BMI scale I was morbidly obese with sleep apnea, borderline diabetes, borderline high blood pressure and aching joints. All if that is now gone and my BMI is in the overweight section. I'm still a work in progress. But I hated it when people would say "you are not that big".

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I'm 5' 7" and my weight pre- op was 258lbs and my surgery was 3/21/11. I'm down to 120lbs now. I don't exercise. Don't be mad. I do, however, teach pre-k, and I'm basically moving non-stop for 6-7 hours everyday. I thought I might gain a bit this summer while I was off, but I didnt.

I found this on another sleeve forum...

This is for those of us that, as someone else put it, too low for surgery...

I have no idea how I'm going to drink all my Water after my surgery since I don't drink enough now.

I know it's hard' date=' but when I did workout, I had more energy, just didn't lose any weight, so I gave up. I like working out. Can't wait to do it again AND lose weight. :-)[/quote']

With this tiny tummy it seems impossible to get in the right amount of liquids!

I am 33 yrs old' date=' 3 kids, 5'4 and I was 236 on my surgery day. I had the surgery May 1st, so its been 4 months, and as of today i have lost 70 lbs. I dont drink carbonated drinks, wait 30 minutes after eating to drink, workout boot camp every day, and dont eat any carbs. I have lost 60% of my excess body fat. My idealweight is120, so I still have a long road ahead![/quote']

Hi blugirl! Congrats on your wl your doing great and encouraged me! I'm curious what a day of food isike for you? I'm trying to avoid arbs but some how they show up at the end of the day! Including my shakes! Can u give me a sample day?

I'm 5'7 245 surgery next month a few of my best friend say I don't need this surgery. But she is 425 and hate exercise! And refuse surgery. She say I'm the perfect weight and I'm so unhappy. My chest is a 38f of course my hubby is happy. He don't want me to loose my breast and he loved thick women. I say I hope you don't leave me if I get smaller! I'm doing it. Counting my days

I started at 234, I am 5'4" tall and today, 13 months later, I weigh 135. You can do this!

Can you tell me how many calories' date=' carbs, and grams of Protein you aim for each day? I am also 36, started at an almost identical weight and am about 15 lbs behind you - our surgery date was a few days apart. I'd like to think I'm doing everything I can to have success, but am wondering if you have a plan that could be more successful for me as well. Thanks![/quote']

You're doing awesome too! I think I may have a bit more restriction than others, but just got my bloodwork back from the dr and everything was perfect except for my B12 ( had WAY too much and was pulled off of it) so I think I'm on track for my body. I think maybe three or two times I've gotten in more than 500 calories- usually I'm very low with 2-300 after exersize.

I'm doing no sugar or refined carbs, no breads, rice, Cereal, crackers- Pasta, crackers, Cookies, nothing. No cheat days, or cheating. I haven't had caffine at all since a month before surgery. NO alcohol, cigs, drugs, I don't do fast food, or drive ups, when I have to eat out I just eat the meat or salad. I don't do any carbonation or soda, I eat mostly things that were cooked and created in my own home, so I know what's going into them.

I do meat of all kinds, cheese, milk, cottage cheese, Jerky, and egggggs! And nuts!

I walk twice a day, at least a mile n half each time- usually more. All days of the week, unless I lose for 4 days straight, then I take a morning off.

I aim for under 30 carbs- that's the only thing I really watch close- because that would turn my life upside down in a hurry- so I avoid.

Feel free to see what I eat on myfitnesspal

Mylifeinpink1 I think my meals are open.

Height 5ft 3in.

2 weeks pre op: 282lb

Day of op: 272lb

10 weeks post op: 237lb

I walk 1mi weeknights after work and on weekends between 3 and 4.

Hi blugirl! Congrats on your wl your doing great and encouraged me! I'm curious what a day of food isike for you? I'm trying to avoid arbs but some how they show up at the end of the day! Including my shakes! Can u give me a sample day?

Hey! ThAnk You! Well, I only have one shake a day, and still eat because I "have to". I am still never hungry. for Breakfast (7 am) I have either a 4 oz. Protein shake or 3/4 of an egg. then for lunch (2 pm) any kind of meat , tuna, chicken or etc..... then a snack at around (5 pm) a bag of Protein chips, or a yoghurt, or string cheese or cottage cheese, and then dinner ( 8 pm) I have any leftovers from lunch or a shake. its pretty much pure protein All day! Hope it helps!!! It has worked for me!! :)

me! I'm 5'0. may 2: 244.1 surgery day may 16: 232. today 194. down -50! goal 120

I'm 5'5" and my starting weight was 243.6. I am 6 months post op this week and down 78 lbs, weighing in at 165.6. I have 30.6 to go. Loving my sleeve!!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am 33, started at 270 at 5'9. I'm down to 191 this morning at 5.5 months out! I'm not working out at all, and just eating whatever within my capacity limitations. I'm tall, so I'm closer to being done than people with less hight at the point that I'm at. I'm battling some loose skin on legs and stomach. Overall though, very pleased.

Day of surgery i was 254.this morning im down to 208.my surgery was july 10th.

You're doing awesome too! I think I may have a bit more restriction than others, but just got my bloodwork back from the dr and everything was perfect except for my B12 ( had WAY too much and was pulled off of it) so I think I'm on track for my body. I think maybe three or two times I've gotten in more than 500 calories- usually I'm very low with 2-300 after exersize.

I'm doing no sugar or refined carbs, no breads, rice, Cereal, crackers- Pasta, crackers, Cookies, nothing. No cheat days, or cheating. I haven't had caffine at all since a month before surgery. NO alcohol, cigs, drugs, I don't do fast food, or drive ups, when I have to eat out I just eat the meat or salad. I don't do any carbonation or soda, I eat mostly things that were cooked and created in my own home, so I know what's going into them.

I do meat of all kinds, cheese, milk, cottage cheese, Jerky, and egggggs! And nuts!

I walk twice a day, at least a mile n half each time- usually more. All days of the week, unless I lose for 4 days straight, then I take a morning off.

I aim for under 30 carbs- that's the only thing I really watch close- because that would turn my life upside down in a hurry- so I avoid.

Feel free to see what I eat on myfitnesspal

Mylifeinpink1 I think my meals are open.

I still drink diet soda, drink Crystal light and smoke one or two cigarettes a day. I also drink coffee on rare occasions. The carbonation hasn't negatively affected me. The other stuff is bad news. I hate the chemicals, but I simply cannot drink plain Water in the amounts I need.

I'm really serious about cooking from scratch at home though. We were going to the lake and while my family got their junk food, I thought I'd go over to the Vons supermarket deli and get health stuff.

I got two grilled chicken breasts (they were tiny) and a bit of broccoli salad (I know - mayo and sugar) and some light string cheese. . Still, better that greasy fried chicken and potato salad.

I looked at the container and there was a HUGE list of ingredients. I said to myself, "Self, what could be in chicken breast?" Well there was soy Protein, BHA, polysobitol whatever this and that and the other. That's funny. When I make grilled chicken at home there is chicken, pepper, salt and herbs.

The broccoli salad was worse. Mine has broccoli, cashews, bacon, red onion and Mayonnaise I make myself from backyard eggs.

What in the hell are they doing??? It should say: Chicken breast with a lot of preservatives and fillers.

BTW, I have made Peanut Butter, almond butter, cashew butter, pistachio butter and walnut butter from scratch at home. No added crap. Not sugar even - just nuts and coconut oil. SO GOOD!