Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Start At 240Ish Lbs?

I still drink diet soda' date=' drink Crystal light and smoke one or two cigarettes a day. I also drink coffee on rare occasions. The carbonation hasn't negatively affected me. The other stuff is bad news. I hate the chemicals, but I simply cannot drink plain Water in the amounts I need.

I'm really serious about cooking from scratch at home though. We were going to the lake and while my family got their junk food, I thought I'd go over to the Vons supermarket deli and get health stuff.

I got two grilled chicken breasts (they were tiny) and a bit of broccoli salad (I know - mayo and sugar) and some light string cheese. . Still, better that greasy fried chicken and potato salad.< /p>

I looked at the container and there was a HUGE list of ingredients. I said to myself, "Self, what could be in chicken breast?" Well there was soy Protein, BHA, polysobitol whatever this and that and the other. That's funny. When I make grilled chicken at home there is chicken, pepper, salt and herbs.

The broccoli salad was worse. Mine has broccoli, cashews, bacon, red onion and Mayonnaise I make myself from backyard eggs.

What in the hell are they doing??? It should say: Chicken breast with a lot of preservatives and fillers.

BTW, I have made Peanut Butter, almond butter, cashew butter, pistachio butter and walnut butter from scratch at home. No added crap. Not sugar even - just nuts and coconut oil. SO GOOD![/quote']

I love the fresh ground butters! :) SO yummy

I also raise our own eggs! :) SO good- and sooooo much richness in back yard eggs- processed ones make me ill to look at... So thin and gross :) I also love my chickens!

I love the fresh ground butters! :) SO yummy

I also raise our own eggs! :) SO good- and sooooo much richness in back yard eggs- processed ones make me ill to look at... So thin and gross :) I also love my chickens!

I have a rooster and 3 hens. They are arucana mixes and lay jumbo green eggs. I let them out into the yard yesterday and they had a ball. They are Frankie, Penny, kit and Blanche (named after grandparents - I'll bet they'd be thrilled).

I have a rooster and 3 hens. They are arucana mixes and lay jumbo green eggs. I let them out into the yard yesterday and they had a ball. They are Frankie' date=' Penny, kit and Blanche (named after grandparents - I'll bet they'd be thrilled).[/quote']

I'm a chicken lady too! We have a flock of 3 hens (Buffy, Winnie & Goldie). I love having fresh eggs and I love my birds :)

I've never done nut butter at home. I assume you use a food processor? How long do they stay fresh? I imagine I'd need to do small batches and eat them fast to keep the oils for getting rancid.

I'm a chicken lady too! We have a flock of 3 hens (Buffy, Winnie & Goldie). I love having fresh eggs and I love my birds :)

I've never done nut butter at home. I assume you use a food processor? How long do they stay fresh? I imagine I'd need to do small batches and eat them fast to keep the oils for getting rancid.

Love those birds. It's nice to get your egg from little friends.s

I do my nut butter in small batches (1 cup nuts + 1 TBS coconut oil). It takes around 5 minutes to grind it to nut butter stage, but I only do it for a minute at a time to let the motor rest. I use a tiny 1.5 cup mini processor.

Bigger batches wouldn't go bad if they were stored in the refrigerator. Just leave out your serving or microwave for a tiny bit to get it spreadable. You might need to stir a bit, but mine never really separated.

Coconut oil has a long shelf life.

I have a rooster and 3 hens. They are arucana mixes and lay jumbo green eggs. I let them out into the yard yesterday and they had a ball. They are Frankie' date=' Penny, kit and Blanche (named after grandparents - I'll bet they'd be thrilled).[/quote']

Omgosh! How cute are those names!

I have about 40 of them :) we got carried away hatching one year- and I love each one dearly. Plus all that egg money goes into the Mommy makeover fund!!! :)

We are chicken ladies!

My bantams lay the perfect tiny eggs for one egg for me and a hard boiled for snack. About half the size or a third of the others!

Yay for chickens!!!

Omgosh! How cute are those names!

I have about 40 of them :) we got carried away hatching one year- and I love each one dearly. Plus all that egg money goes into the Mommy makeover fund!!! :)

We are chicken ladies!

My bantams lay the perfect tiny eggs for one egg for me and a hard boiled for snack. About half the size or a third of the others!

Yay for chickens!!!

Maybe I'll get a couple of bantams next spring to assist me with Portion Control :)

My medical complications were just outrageous. I had to give myself 5 insulin shots every 24 hr period and was on a handfull of medications to address high blood pressure, other heart issues, and other blood issues.

Had my surgery 8/17/2012. ONLY 1 MED ANYMORE!!! I still take my tamoxfin (breast cancer) and of course my multi vit and Calcium. But... It was absolutely unbelievable. I'm sure this won't be the case for everyone, but I'm just pinching myself!

I am 5'4" and weighted 226 before I began my 2 week pre-surgical diet. As of 9/5/2012, I weighed 196! Yes, the weight loss is lovely - but seriously, not being a human pin cushion and walking medicine cabinet, is nothing short of a miracle.

But - I was afraid that if I didn't address my issues with food, that I would find myself back in trouble... I hadn't plan to join until I returned from my trip end of this month - but I was seriously worried. I was kind of afraid to eat after the liquids. I think I felt I needed to hold someone's hand - real tight - through the starting to eat again stage at the very least. So... I did join a group called FA - food addicts annymous in recovery http://www.foodaddic...icts.org/ Apparently some Overeaters annoymous folks split off to develop an even tighter model.

So, this program is not for everyone... Just for those who are at the end of their rope I think...

The group seems to discourage surgery, as everyone there has managed success without it. I felt my health didn't allow me to "naturally" loose the kind of weight I needed to loose, as I tried everything else. (yea - I'm the only one right?) Anyway, my sponsor has been terrific. I've not just weighed and measured, but I've been accountable and consistent.

If I had been honest with myself, and knew about it during the 6 months of Pre-op nurtrition class, I think I would have tried it then. But, as my first time at a meeting was the night before my surgery - which I'd been waiting almost 8 months to get... well, I'm very very happy I've had the surgery and that all this seems to be falling into place.

Best of luck to ALL of us!

c

I was 267 in January - after 6 month diet I was stuck at 250 (gained and lost the same 2-4 lbs for 4 months). I got down to 240 on the two week liquid diet before surgery' date=' and two weeks after surgery I was down to 229. I am now three weeks out, and I keep gaining and losing one pound. I was at 230 today. :( I have PCOS, and expected to be a slow loser, though expectation doesn't make it any less frustrating.

On the point of 240 not needing surgery. I must admit that I have seen people larger than me and felt almost guilty... but my body has refused to let go of this weight on every single plan I have tried. In 20 years, my body has never let me get below 220 lbs. I now have severe sleep apnea and chronic pain and fatigue. The nutritionist told me that with PCOS, I would never lose weight... without surgery. I did what I had to do to find a healthy future. I am hopeful.[/quote']

I had my surgery almost 3 wks ago... I also have pcos.. Maybe that's why I haven't lost anything in the last two weeks... I started at 255 I'm 5'2" and day of surgery I weighed 244 now I'm at 236. But I've stalled at that for the past couple weeks... I've been eating soft foods like instant mashed potatoes and grits and cottage... So part may be what I'm eating. But I'm also walking a mile and a half every day for the past week... What am I doing wrong??? Can anyone tell me...

I had my surgery almost 3 wks ago... I also have pcos.. Maybe that's why I haven't lost anything in the last two weeks... I started at 255 I'm 5'2" and day of surgery I weighed 244 now I'm at 236. But I've stalled at that for the past couple weeks... I've been eating soft foods like instant mashed potatoes and grits and cottage... So part may be what I'm eating. But I'm also walking a mile and a half every day for the past week... What am I doing wrong??? Can anyone tell me...

I am far from an expert, I will tell you what a personal trainer friend told me. I loved to start on the treadmill then do weights. He said to change it up, do weights then cardio. I loved doing cardio first, because is would wake me up. But he was right. Also, cut out the carbs. Mashed potatoes and grits?? (I'm a good ol' southern girl myself, don't get me wrong). I have found AMY'S organic Soups. Lots of protein!! Not to many carbs. The black Beans Soup is AWESOME.

5'2"- 238 at pre-op diet on aug1st

Sleeved on August 14th

An now 188. 50 pounds lost.

At fist stall!! :(

Walk some but still have pain.

liquid Protein, crystal light, Water, and power aid zero are all i drink.

yogurt, refried Beans, and soft low calorie cheese wedges are all I eat.

Walk a bit but still struggle with Pain.

5'2"- 238 at pre-op diet on aug1st

Sleeved on August 14th

An now 188. 50 pounds lost.

At fist stall!! :(

Walk some but still have pain.

liquid protein' date=' crystal light, Water, and power aid zero are all i drink.

yogurt, refried Beans, and soft low calorie cheese wedges are all I eat.

Walk a bit but still struggle with Pain.

[/quote']

Wow that's awesome! I wish I was at 200 already but I'm at a stall. Down 32 and 18 more to go before I get to 200!!

I'm 5'2 on a good day(shoes on)

I started at 220

I too am at a stall but it happens and I'm just trying to stay healthy with my food choices. I struggle with temptations. I'm hoping that goes away :(

I was sleeved on 8/10 @ 242lbs. I'm 5'3"(no pre-op). As of this morning I am 216. I'm in a slight stall that i hope to break. I have PCOS too and I try to stay away from carbs except the ones in my greek yogurt. Veggies still pose a challenge for me. The potatoes and grits are not the best idea for PCOS even without the sleeve. When i started with soft foods shrimp was my bestie and still is. Try eggs tuna chicken.... its also good that you are working out.

I am 5'4" and I was 245 when I went to my informational meeting..... lost about 30 pounds pre-surgery. Came out of the hospital at 217 on August 23rd and am now 193. I have been hovering at 193 to 196 for the past week and a half..... but preparing to kick my system into gear by going to the gym after my Doc clears me!