Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Start At 240Ish Lbs?

I'm a 240 man - but I'm short' date=' 5'6". I look FAT. But, now with my sleeve I'm on my way :)[/quote']

I hear ya!!!

I am 33 yrs old, 3 kids, 5'4 and I was 236 on my surgery day. I had the surgery May 1st, so its been 4 months, and as of today i have lost 70 lbs. I dont drink carbonated drinks, wait 30 minutes after eating to drink, workout boot camp every day, and dont eat any carbs. I have lost 60% of my excess body fat. My idealweight is120, so I still have a long road ahead!

I started at 246. Had surgery Feb.24 2012. Today I am 138. At first a walked a lot and went to the gym twice a week, now I work 60 hours a week on my feet,constantly moving so that is my exercise. I pretty much eat what I want, but I do try to make healthier choices and watch how much I consume.Its almost scary,cause I dont try anymore and the weight just keeps coming off. Good luck to you.

Im so happy for you all!!

Being 5"1 240 lbs is considered morbidly obese :(

I chose this surgery so my husband & I could conceive! Im happy with my body but it took a toll in my fertility :(((

It has to do with your BMI. My BMI is going to be lower than others at the same weight, because I'm 5'8. I'm still obese and a candidate for the surgery. AND it's different for men than women.....

No point for surgery if you are 240 lbs.

It depends on many factors. If you are 5 ft tall and your target weight is 100 you would be 140lbs overweight. If you have comorbities which require rapid weight loss to control you would still need it. Every person is different and has different needs.

Ok I am 5'2 at on May 24th had surgery I weight 232 on day of surgery! Today I weighted in at 177, which was very exciting! As for exercise, I walk and I swim!

What are comorbities

Comorbidities are things like diabetes, high blood pressure etc. An extenuating health factor that the excess weight makes worse.

It depends on many factors. If you are 5 ft tall and your target weight is 100 you would be 140lbs overweight. If you have comorbities which require rapid weight loss to control you would still need it. Every person is different and has different needs.

Well Said.

I started at 255 one week preop, had the surgery at 245 on May 10, 2012. I currently weigh 186. I am exercising an hour or so six days per week, and eating 550-650 calories most days. I keep my carbs pretty low, 20-30 unless I exercise for more than two hours in which case I increase my carbs to 40ish.

I've been very happy with my progress although I'm sure others have lost at a faster pace. You can definitely have great success!

Sorry, i didn't Mean to be rude, just sayin 240 LBS isn't that big, pre op i was about 315 lbs,i had the surgery because i can't control my self with food and i've tried many diets none worked,i did it at 15 now i'm 16, sorry for my grammar and english .

240 pounds and 5'1" is classified as SUPER morbidly obese. I weighed 246 and was almost dead. Try again.

Anyway, to the OP: I eat very high Protein and low carb. I measure, weigh and log everything on My Fitness Pal. I also hike, bike, kayak and swim.