Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Start At 240Ish Lbs?

I was 267 in January - after 6 month diet I was stuck at 250 (gained and lost the same 2-4 lbs for 4 months). I got down to 240 on the two week liquid diet before surgery, and two weeks after surgery I was down to 229. I am now three weeks out, and I keep gaining and losing one pound. I was at 230 today. :( I have PCOS, and expected to be a slow loser, though expectation doesn't make it any less frustrating.

On the point of 240 not needing surgery. I must admit that I have seen people larger than me and felt almost guilty... but my body has refused to let go of this weight on every single plan I have tried. In 20 years, my body has never let me get below 220 lbs. I now have severe sleep apnea and chronic pain and fatigue. The nutritionist told me that with PCOS, I would never lose weight... without surgery. I did what I had to do to find a healthy future. I am hopeful.

No point for surgery if you are 240 lbs.

Excuse me? Wow... pretty presumptive.. You don't know how tall she is? Whether there are extenuating medical issues? I weigh less than that and other than being 100+ lbs over MY ideal weight, I am considered healthy. I am having surgery next Wednesday so that I don't have future issues like some of my family members did...

xD chill people i didn't mean to frustrate u all ahaha

I started at 242 (4'11'') at the beginning of my 6 month medically supervided weight loss, day or surgery I was 213, I am 122.2 now, just inside the normal BMI range. My surgery was 8/8/11

Started at about 241, 5'1" and surgery on 4/19/12. Weigh 168 today. :)

I'm 5'3". Entered my surgery program on 3/15/12 weighing 233, not my highest. My surgery was 6/25/12 and I weighed 190. 11 weeks out I weigh 151. My exercise has been walking. I walk a little over a mile to work and then home again. I try to have long morning walks on weekends. I also do some light strength training, sit ups, girl weights, etc.

Hey i was 277 before surgery on may 22 now im 220 on August 7. Feel great. Only problem i think i might be prego.... Ugh...

Sorry' date=' i didn't Mean to be rude, just sayin 240 LBS isn't that big, pre op i was about 315 lbs,i had the surgery because i can't control my self with food and i've tried many diets none worked,i did it at 15 now i'm 16, sorry for my grammar and english .[/quote']

Well I was 233.5 day of surgery and only standing 4'11 so don't say I didn't need surgery I need to loose 100lbs.

I started at 254- surgery I weighed 250.

Surgery was May 15, 2012

Today is Sept. 9, 2012 and I weigh 171 today.

83lb loss in 15 weeks.

My workout is walking or hiking twice a day for 30-40 minutes each time.

I am only 5ft 1 tho. :)

Drs goal for me 140ish- my goal 120ish.

I'm 36 and three kids- two births-

And a GIANT round of plastic surgery on the horizon :)

No point for surgery if you are 240 lbs.

You're crazy

I'm newly sleeved & wondering how much others have lost being around 240ish! How long has it been? Workout regiment? Please share(:

I was sleeved on July 16th weighing 244lbs. Last I weight was 217 dwn 27.1 lbs & abt the same in inches. I also dont hv a wrk out regiment due to being tired a lot & wrking. Praying as I lose I will start gaining energy.

I was sleeved on July 16th weighing 244lbs. Last I weight was 217 dwn 27.1 lbs & abt the same in inches. I also dont hv a wrk out regiment due to being tired a lot & wrking. Praying as I lose I will start gaining energy.

Honestly, You would probably gain more energy if you did workout. I know it's hard to find the time, but you have to do this for YOU!! You had the surgery, use the tool.

Honestly' date=' You would probably gain more energy if you did workout. I know it's hard to find the time, but you have to do this for YOU!! You had the surgery, use the tool.[/quote']

Thank you! I knw, i hv tried & i need to make myself but i thk w the lack of fluids tht i dont hv the energy. Im trying to do more.

I have no idea how I'm going to drink all my Water after my surgery since I don't drink enough now.

I know it's hard, but when I did workout, I had more energy, just didn't lose any weight, so I gave up. I like working out. Can't wait to do it again AND lose weight. :-)

I started at 254- surgery I weighed 250.

Surgery was May 15' date=' 2012

Today is Sept. 9, 2012 and I weigh 171 today.

83lb loss in 15 weeks.

My workout is walking or hiking twice a day for 30-40 minutes each time.

I am only 5ft 1 tho. :)

Drs goal for me 140ish- my goal 120ish.

I'm 36 and three kids- two births-

And a GIANT round of plastic surgery on the horizon :)[/quote']

Can you tell me how many calories, carbs, and grams of Protein you aim for each day? I am also 36, started at an almost identical weight and am about 15 lbs behind you - our surgery date was a few days apart. I'd like to think I'm doing everything I can to have success, but am wondering if you have a plan that could be more successful for me as well. Thanks!