Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Do U Maintain Weight

When u reach ur goal weight how do u stay without losing more do u increase calorie intake. And what if u can't eat more will u continue losing?

Marie

Yes, you increase calorie count. You don't necessarily have to eat more, you can eat different or you can eat the same & add a Meal Replacement shake or two to your diet.

A simple thing like adding a Hawaiian punch or 2. I know someone that eats Cheezits and other kinds of carbs to help maintain. So from what I have gathered so far is really just adding some carbs in to maintain. Simple as that. That guy that was with me in Tijuana when I went get sleeved always had cheezits and ate nachos, sandwiches and so much more. He was 8 months out and @ 180lbs. He looked good. He said he got down more but he decided to put on a few cause he was really looking thin. He helped me alot. Made an impression on me which gave me drive.

I plan to have ice cream (a small portion) every night once I hit goal.

I can't even imagine

I can't even imagine

What you cant imagine? You know that everyone I know is wondering the same question. How are you going to stop? I just tell them I am going to try and get bone skinny like paris hilton lol.

I am still kinda searching for answers for it also. Not in my top 10 things to find atm.

I plan to have ice cream (a small portion) every night once I hit goal.

Hey Caradina. I experimented with an ice cream just to see if I could handle it. Well yes I kept it down but I had to go lay down from the sugar rush that it gave me. Made me really dizzy. I dont do high sugars at all since surgery along with all breads, noodles, rice, and so on. My only vice is baked taco salad bowls.

I eat ice cream! Of course, I am a Texan and Blue Bell runs through our veins. :)

I am stalled for a week...almost five weeks po...how can I get this weight to start falling off like you all?

I am stalled for a week...almost five weeks po...how can I get this weight to start falling off like you all?

Believe me, at 3 years post op, my problem is not how to stop losing weight. It's very easy to gain weight back.

Once you get to goal , the best thing to do is add back healthy foods such as healthy fats. Avocados, nuts, and Peanut Butter are all good choices.

Believe me' date=' at 3 years post op, my problem is not how to stop losing weight. It's very easy to gain weight back.

Once you get to goal , the best thing to do is add back healthy foods such as healthy fats. Avocados, nuts, and Peanut Butter are all good choices.[/quote']

Thanks so should I avoid those now? Some are on my drs plan

Change up your Carbs, fats, and sodium intake. If your running under 50 carbs per day, spike it to 100grams for a day or 2, if your at 30-35 grams of fats drop it to 10-15 grams, always keep your sodium down to under 1000mg. I change up pretty often just to keep my body guessing. Your bodies in shock and its still losing but not weight wise. Inches are falling off no doubt

Thanks so should I avoid those now? Some are on my drs plan

You should follow your doctor's plan. My doctor wanted us to stay around 800 -1000 calories, which is hard to do eating these things. While they are all healthy foods, they are high calorie foods. The thing that will stop weight loss is grazing. Eat your 3 meals and 2 Snacks and don't eat in between meals.

The people who have success track their food on a program such as My fitness pal. A lot of people try to keep their calories there, and their carbs at around 30 grams.

When you're first sleeved, it's hard to get in your calories, but as time goes on, your portions increase by quite a bit.