Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Loosing Too Much Weight?

Ok I have a question I never thought I'd ask.... Has anyone else felt like the weight loss isn't gonna stop? I met my goal months ago and I'll be a year out next month but all of a sudden I'm loosing again? I don't want to lose anymore I'm already 5lbs below my goal and I eat all the time! Seriously I'm eating every two hours because I just get hungry that fast... Has anyone else felt this way or am I alone out here?

I'm just getting started on my journey and am 1 week out so i can't relate to losing too much weight however i've wondered about it happening to me. I started off with a lower bmi than some it was 32. I wonder if i'll have this TERRIBLE problem LOL... Just kidding it could really BE a problem I'm curious to see the responses you get. I'm in western Ky. Saw your surgeon is in Lexington! Take Care...

THat doesn't sound like much of a problem I'd have, i stop losing a while back and would love to lose about 5 more lbs. Now I'm getting ready to jump backin. :)

I'm only just sleeved but gained a lot of weight due to my under active thyroid...maybe even get some blood tests if you're worried, you may have an overactive thyroid? Not saying your awesome loss is a bad thing! Just a suggestion if you are not quite feeling right :)

No that's not it my docs have kept great track of my thyroid and it's right where it should be.

Ahh ok, no worries, just a thought. Your bodies metabolism is getting real fast then...not always a bad thing!. Also a good idea to check cortisol levels incase :)

I feel like this a little, I'm suprised I keep losing a little bit, and I'm like you eating 5-6 small meals a day. I am not too thin yet so I don't mind. :-)

I gotta ask, "what" are you eating? There is a really good possibility that you are eating a lot of low carb/ calorie foods. You gotta remember, there are two sides to this. Not only how much you eat, byt also what you eat.

You're not alone. I tend to lose more if I have a "tiny tummy" day, get sick, or if I'm out of the house and forget to eat. I added a Protein Shake with whole milk for 350 extra calories a day and that has helped to stabilize me some. I also added a single-serving bag of mixed nuts to my bag so that I can eat on the go if I need to.

I am getting sleeved on the 10th and oh how I hope to have the "problem" of losing more that I would like! I have never had this problem, always struggling to lose.

You can never be too thin or too rich!!

I do not drink anything carbonated at all. I stick to Water and unsweetened tea. The surgery made me lactose intolerant so anything with milk is out. I still get sick alot and mainly Breakfast food seems to do it. I eat alot of steak and chicken as my main meals and I stick to the Protein first rule. I do not drink with my meals I wait at least half an hour or it also tends to make me sick, I do not do Protein Drinks anymore... Yuk! As for snacking I stick to things like granola bars .

That was one of my concerns as well losing to much weight. But I wonder about the drinkng while eating I asked about it in another post no answer yet but I drink and eat from time to time because I forget my fear is gaining weight and stretching my stomach can that happen?

I have to say, you are very impressive. Almost a year out and still following a relatively strict diet.

Unfortunately for you the thing that brought you this far is taking you farther than you anticipated.

It pains me to say it, but if you want to stop losing your gonna have to boost your carb intake some.

May I ash what your BMI is now? Or your ht/wt. I notice very few people hit the underweight category

Sure... I am 5'9" I currently weight 166... My goal was at the top of my normal range at 170. I started this journey at 315lbs, so I've lost almost 150lbs in less than 1 year.

I can't wait for that to be a problem of mine. I'm four weeks out...started at 252...now 233 and can't get past it. Hope you stabilize and feel good too :) congrats on reaching your goal