Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on April 19th and now down 59 lbs. I feel great but the only thing is that within the last month I have been losing a lot of my hair. I have been taking Biotin but my hair is still falling out. I use to have nice thick hair so I didn't mind losing some but now I am getting scared cause of how much I am losing. Is there anything out there like a Shampoo or other Vitamins I can take to regrow my hair??? Please.

I lost at least 50% of my hair. It was a horrible and scarey time. It does come back! My hair is so thick now! Its scarey but you will get thru it. When it starts coming back you will notice it right away! Good Luck and keep your head up. Its so worth it in the end!

My hair was falling out in handfuls. I was scared to wash it because each time I did, I would have enough dead hair to cover a bald cat. I took Biotin, used biosilk, stopped coloring and processing, nothing worked! I just chopped it off. It's starting grow back healthy. I think it is because I eat more food now.

Look at some of the past posts on this topic to see what others are doing. There may be a better solution than chopping it off. Good luck!

The hair loss started around 3.5 - 4 months out for me and it's still happening, though it's getting to be in smaller amounts. I have thin hair and not much of it so it's been a bit of a drag for me and I'll be very happy to see it even out again. I'd NOT trade the hair for the 85lbs I've lost.

My surgeon gives a handout that says we should expect to loose hair, nothing will stop it if that's your body's reaction and there's no way to avoid it. I think their hidden message is don't waste money on fancy supplements or hair treatment systems. From what I've read, its a physiological response to drastic calorie reduction and rapid weight loss. The body looks for things to shut down to conserve energy and Hair growth is something the body considers non-necessary for sustaining life. As the body adjusts to the weight loss and calorie intake, it will turn hair growth back on.

I do see a bit of new short hair but I'll happy to see it thicken up again. Meanwhile, I'm wearing it shorter and layered for a little volume, wearing hats in the sun and keeping a scalp sunscreen applied.

Same boat ,, /: I too have thick hair but am lossing alot. I was wondering if anyone has tried "Vivisical" ive seen soon you tube videos and reviews just none that have had weight loss surgery.

Yeah, I'm 3.5 months out and down 70 lbs, but the hair lost started about 3 weeks ago. It's happened to me before on Optifast when I lost over 100 lbs. I tried taking Biotin 3 mos before surgery and still take it. I take all of my Vitamins and always drink 2 Protein shakes a day, each with 32 grams of Protein. Still I am losing such a shocking amount of hair that there is thinning on my temples. Thankfully no one can tell because the way my hair falls when I part it. My surgeons says its inevitable and should stop by 6 mos post op. he said your hair goes in "resting phase" because of the trauma of surgery and rapid weight loss. He said no need for concern unless it continues past 6 months which could indicate a deficiency of some kind. Sucks bad though. :(

Sent from my iPhone using VST