Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

You're welcome Raynie! Right now I'm wearing 16s in jeans and most pants. I have huge hips and my waist is 2 sizes smaller than my bottom! So I can wear a size 12 skirt because it fits my waist and doesn't have to fit in my big ass. :) Sizes are weird too...they vary so much from store to store.

I have alot of suits that arent working anymore, however I want to reserve them for that special someone who has as hard of a time that I do. I 6ft with a really long inseam...34'. If there is anyone out there that is as tall and a WOMAN who wears and need suits, sizes 20/18 ish write me.

hi friends!

i am in such a funky weight loss rut! i keep snacking! how did we do a month of liquid dieting and now i cant do it for a day?

I wnder if i should just rearrange some bills and get another fill. I wanted to wait til after my walk weekend since i worry about not being able to get enuf Water and dehydrating.

i'm throwing a chocolate martini and dessert fundraiser next saturday so it maybe be good for me to be back on liquids so i don't nibble as i bake. but i;m going to DC the weekend after and worry about tightness.

I think i'm just being a wacko.

hope you guys are having a great week!

Good Morning Angels!

I wanted y'all to be the first to know...I broke the 270 barrier! I stepped on the scale this morning and damned if I wasn't at 269!! And I thought I was at a plateau! Now if it can just keep dropping.....whew.

Raynie, it looks like you got something going with this clothes swap thing. Much to my dismay, I probably won't be able to participate! Unless of course I would consider cross-dressing. LOL. I did that once when my wife and I were first married. She insisted that I put on a blouse, skirt, and panty hose for her entertainment! Geez.......... What an embarassment that was. If the guys at work could have seen me (yes, I had on make up as well). And by the way, I didn't make a very good looking woman. I was more of an old broad....(Janet Reno?).

I can't believe I just told you girls this! But it's true...old Jimboss was in drag one time. And if I remember correctly, it did lead to an awesome evening with my young bride!

Well y'all have a great weekend and a great Easter! We are going to do some Easter Bunny stuff with the grand daughters. And that is good. I'm tired of moving! It will be a good, refreshing break.

Next stop....the 250's!

Hugs to all my October Bandster Angels!

~ Jimboss ~

Jim you crack me up!! Just when you think you know someone... Just kidding! I love that dressed up in your wife's clothes just for her entertainment. That's love! :) And congrats on making you way past 270! You are doing awesome!

Sonia: how long does your doc put you on liquids after a fill? How far away is your walk?

Jimboss that is awesome! What love! Have fun at easter with the granddaughters!

i think it was 24 hours liquids and 1 day mushie after a fill. Anyone know if there are signs that you;ve stretched your pouch? I know i haven't eaten lots in a particular meal but all of this yo-yoing is freaking me out.

my walk is in about 8 weeks (57 days) so i know if i;m too tight i'd have plenty of time to go back in. theres no charge if i go back within 2 weeks. I think I;m just being a baby. i know I should be working this harder and i'm not.

Like tonight, Jay's been eyeing this new japanese steak house that opened. so fine, we went. was fairly good i think food-wise but wasting the calories on to mango mai-tai's probably not the best idea.

Do any of you go to any support meetings at your docs place? i wonder if that woiuld help me get back into gear.

Sonia I think you should try a fill to help you get over your plateau. My last 2 fills have helped a lot and I'm finally losing again. Plus like you said, you can always get some taken out if it's too much. Use your band girl! :(

Well day before Easter and I don't think I have made it to our challenge.. but I am lower than when I started..

Roxy123.. you sound alot like me.. I started I think a little heavier than you.. I started 289 and now down in the 230's.. (soon to be 220's) and I am 5'11. What size are you in now? and what size is your goal? I am in 18/20's now.. want to get to 12/14... but is that realistic for someone ur build? I don't remember what I looked like at that size on the way up..

I went and had a 1/2 fill last week.. my dr puts me on lear liquids for 24 hours.. and then full liquids for the next 24.. but I did not fully stay there.. I have now 2.5 fills in a 4 size band.. I think a week after my fill, my restriction has finally kicked in..

On Tuesday I am having my tonsils out.. so on liquids for a couple days.. so that will be a couple pounds down since I will not be able to eat and just drink..

I am also off to the tanning bed.. that is funny I also wondered if it was ok for my band... but I am still going.. I figured this is a summer for the new me.. smaller size.. swim suit..and a tan.. now if I had the body of Pam Anderson or something.. I would be kickn' for the summer..

Last night my husband had a couple cocktails..and he made the comment he has not ate (except for one meal a day) hoping to loose weight so that he could be smaller so that I would not leave him.. he is 6'6 and was 280lbs.. so a big guy....I tried telling him not the case.. ( I like the bigger guys.. makes me fell smaller..lol) but I hope he gets that out of his head and it was the beer talking.. we will see he is still sleeping..

well off to tan and then an Easter egg hunt with the kids..

Happy Bunny day to all..

Hey everyone! I haven't posted in a while and wow I've missed a lot!

Pistol - loved your post and I don't know what you're talking about with the spelling. You should post more often!!

Raynie - I'm 226 right now and in 20 bottoms and either a 14/16 or 18/20 top. I'm about 10 lbs away from being in 18 bottoms and 14/16 tops completely.

Jess - way to go girlfriend! I could take a lesson or two from you about the working out. It just goes to show you that it really does make a difference. Keep up the GREAT work!

Jimboss - congrats on breaking that plateau!! It feels good, doesn't it. :(

Things are fairly good with me here. I seem to be sticking at the same weight for a few weeks and then bam, I'll drop a few pounds in a couple days. As long as I continue to move in that direction I'll be happy. Honestly, if I look back at the last six months I can't say that this has been an easy journey, but I can say that I am happy with my weight loss considering the effort I have put into it. My goal for the next six months is to increase my effort so I can get off this last 40 lbs!

Happy Easter and/or Passover to all!

Christine- I think a 12/14 is very realistic. It wasnt all that long ago that I was there. For our height we wear it well. I weigh 222 right now and I like 180, that puts me at a 10/12. Thats my goal. Right now Im wearing a 16 but have no FREAK'N clothes for work. I know, I know its a great problem but clothes for us tall beauties is even harder to find than bigger clothing....so imagine being tall, big and beautiful....of course! Well anyway let me know if you want to swap. Sounds like your going to be too small for the suits though. Yeah!

Morning everyone!

well i didnt make the easter challenge but i was down 4 which is more than i thought i would be. I am so happy to be under 210 finally! I think I have a bridesmaid dress from 3 years ago and i was about 207-210. i kinda want to see if it fits. feb 06 i had to get my MOH dress for my best friends wedding enlarged becuz i went up and not down and ordered a smaller size on purpose. i think I;m going to put them both on and see what they look like. :biggrin1:

So when do we start our memorial day challenge? 10 pounds?

I met up yesterday with a couple of the chicago bandster gals and it was wonderful. We gabbed at panera from 2-7! At least since i didnt get anything done yesterday I can call mom and say nopers not makingthe trip out to grannies. I'm so bad.

Have a wonderful day friends!

Oh Soniacan, Mandy was there, right? I chat with her on another board - she is a sweetheart. Another banded friend and myself are thinking of taking a trip to Disney in Sept, the same week she'll be there. So we're hoping to meet. :)

Hello Everyone, It sounds like you guys have all been doing good. I am staying the same ppy cuz I eat all night long I just don't eat big meals. LOL But god I love the Ice Cream!!!!!!!!!! I am suppose to have a 3rd fill on April 18th, was looking forward to it, so I could get it going again. But my 2nd utlra sound wasn't good on my ovaries. Now my Doctor is sending me this wednesday to an Gynecologic oncology Doctor. Scarry huh! This way if it is Cancer, he can remove anything that it has effected, more scarry! But I am having surgery the compete Hsyto ASAP. I will let you know. I am worried, I just lost my brother last year to Cancer of the liver. I don't think my parents can handle another one. They are 73 and 77 yrs old. Boy things sure have been going on lately in my life. I have had enough. I will keep you posted. Sorry to bring it up, it should only be postive things on here, But I wanted to tell someone. Or needed too! Just say a pray for me I need all I can get LOL.

But everyone have a great EASTER. But don't over do it. You can do what I do and eat all day just not all at once. LOL What is everyones favorite Easter candy. My hubbys is the peeps, would be mine too if I could roast them over a fire like a marshmellow. LOL

Thanks for letting me vent. Mary

Well I ended up being down 5.8 pounds for the Easter challenge, so I was happy about that. Especially since I gained weight after starting the challenge. :)

Mary good luck with your doctor...I hope all is well. Please keep us updated.

I missed the Easter Challenge as well.........bummer. But I did lose and that is my silver lining! I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! We are still trying to get moved. Carpet layers come today and a french door is being delivered a little later. I may have to play hookie from work on Wednesday and try to knock this job out. Moving sucks. I wish I could afford to just hire movers...fly to Cancun, and when I came home it would all be done.

And our next challenge is?

~ Jimboss ~