Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

hi my friends!

I have been sooo off track for the last week or so. I thought I felt something funky on my right breast and tossed myself into a crazy-stress-eating spiral. Got all checked yesterday and this morning and I am fine!! So time to stop being a crazy and get back to my healthy eating!! :clap2:

i also took today tomorrow and monday off of work to give myself a good mental break!!!! :clap2: Yeah!!! So i;m off to grocery shop and relax relax relax!!

and then go for a long long walk!!

i love u guys!!!

Sonia

Opps - had more to ramble about...

Welcome back Jess! Did you get to enjoy the FL warmth or was it all work?

Shirley - glad your good!

Mary I'm with you on the snacking too much. but your right - this time will be differnt!

HMM think I need to stop for some 2 buck chuck since i need to get more salmon from joes today!

Jimboss - didn't have to go to SF but my client went up anyway. At least I didn't have to be there with the crazy man!

Have a good day my friends.

Ok guys- I need some advice-

My mom who is 100% disabled vet, is having her gastric bypass done tomorrow morning. I am scarred to death that she will die! She got sick during her vacinations when she inlisted in the Army. The military after years of fighting finally awarded her 100% diability. They dont know what is wrong with her- shes had this for almost 15 years, she wasnt supposed to live after 5. Some of her conditions include internal hives, that come and go for no real reason. Any pressure to her body will cause a hive to pop out, like wearing jewlery or even running.... basically anything she does causes them and its very painful. So the VA approved her to have this major surgery... of course they will pay for it.... the DR has only done 50 and 3 people have died so far. My theory is that they will kill her off during the surgery. Its an easy way out for them... and it will save them money cause they wont have to pay her anymore. I know thats crazy to say that, but the Military is awful to their people. So here is my question- Should I fly out there tonight? And stay till Sunday? Or should I just stay home and pray that everything will be ok? My dH says that he wont say no that I cant go, but he reminds me of our debt. I understand where he is coming from.... and it makes me feel quilty to say I still want to go. but... its MoM! My dad already passed away on me 6 years ago and that was hard. I have no other relatives alive, except for my moms 2 crazy sisters and their bad ass kids. My mom lives in Ohio and I am stuck here in Cali. I just cant bear the fact that she might not make it, and I never got a last goodbye hug. That would tear me up forever. Please help me deceide what to do... time is running out. do you think she will be ok? Thanks ~Raynie!

i don't know much about that surgery but if you have any doubts or whatever - I say get on a plane.

debt will always be there... family, not so much...

Raynie I agree with Sonia...go see your mom!!

Thanks for the welcome back everyone. I really need to get back on track. The past 6 weeks have been so crazy for me. Once I get through this weekend March will be much calmer for me. I NEED to get back to the gym!! I still haven't weighed myself...but I'm fitting in smaller clothes so that's a good sign. I've got to work hard to meet the Easter challenge!

Raynie darlin.........go to your momma. The girls are right, the debt will always be there. Your place is with you momma sweetie. And I also think that you should start thinking positive thoughts about the whole ordeal. Positive thinking goes a long way. Believe in your heart that she will be ok and I'm positive that things will work out great.

I agree with your thoughts about the VA. But I really don't think they would let her die just to get her off of their hands. Go to you momma and embrace her and tell her that she is going to be fine, and that you are there for her.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you Raynie.......

Love you my little Angel

Jimboss

Well it has been awhile since I posted.. I am depressed.. I am going up and down.. I don't want to go up.. so today I am going to be strick with myself.. Those Girl scout Cookies need to go.. just one here and there and soon the box is half gone.. I even tried the sugar free brownies they had and they are ok..

Well I leave Sunday for VEGAS!!!.. can not wait.. it is 30 degrees here and it will be 85 in Vegas.. sounds like the pool is calling my name.. course after a few slots.. I had to get out some of my summer clothes.. capri's and sandles.. and the capris I had last year.. fit sooooo much better..

Good luck to every one..it is the weekend...

Raynie, go see your Mom!!! Jimboss is right, always be postive, I think the trip will pay off plus you get a mini vacation and get to see your Mom which will mean the world to her. Mary

:clap2: :) ONEDERLAND!!!! As of this morning!!!!

Raynie, If you need another vote...go! Be positive and pray that everything will go well.

Thanks everyone, I needed to get across that hump to motivate myself again.

Ok guys thanks for the votes! so here is what happened-

I found out my mom went to the hospital a day earlier, so I freaked out and called her- I told her I was flying down there, she said No dont come! she said she was thinking about going home. I was shocked! I asked her why, and she said that her Dr. had just told her that he was not going to give her the cortizone shot she needed for her hives. That freaked her out! She was so upset between her sisters not being supportive, me crying and scarred and her Dads twin sister had called her in the middle of the night and sang her a song about heaven, peace and God! She cried, I cried ... everyone was just so emotional! Her blood pressure had rocketed up to 218/120!!! And she had just woke up with a cold! She talked to her Dr and Nurse about the whole thing, and they told her that sometimes you have to listen to your daughter! She cried and went home!

I cant believe how much Prayer works! God is good all the time! when I logged on and seen the posts from everyone- I started to cry! Actually I was crying all day! Very emotional! So after everything was said and done... I had went to the mail box. guess what was there? A check from back pay for child support for $3,000! I knew right then and there that God had wanted me to go see my Mom if she still had the surgery! There was way too many signs that she was going to die. Now I dont have to worry about that anymore! It feels like I have a new beginning with my mom! A new life sorta! Well thanks again everyone for being there for me! Yall are the bestest ever *hugs*

~Raynie

Have a good weekend! Ps. I called my mom and told her since she cancelled her surgery and I wasnt flying down there, then with my extra money we are taking her to Disneyland with us in May! That will give her something to look forward too!