Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Hi Raynie,

I agree with what everyone else has said. Especially about getting more Protein in the morning. I make my own sugar free/fat free pudding and add Protein powder to it. It does add a few calories, but you get around 14 g of protein/serving. Plus it sounds like you need some more calories during the day.

I know it is very frustrating to feel stuck. I've been around the same weight for 3 weeks now and even gained some last week. Mostly because I ate an ass load of cookie dough. :D Why does the bad stuff go down so easy?? But this a new week and you just have to change your focus and mindset. Of course that is easier said than done and I defintiely have my bad days. I think it helps to be able to come here and talk to people who understand what you are going through. We are always here to listen.

Catherine: have you told your doctor that you feel so tight? Do you feel like you could use a slight unfill? I worry that you struggle to get down tea!

Raynie - it's funny, I want to tell you that what you need to do is cut out the junk and just focus on eating "real" food, like your lean cuisines, other Protein, and fruits & veggies. The funny part is that I myself have been indulging in some ice cream delights lately and struggling myself. lol. It seems to be a common occurrence here on this thread, and perhaps this is one of the stages of being banded. We all realize that we need to make the right choices of foods for the band to work, yet here we are choosing the junk. Ugh! We need to band together (no pun intended) and get our butts back into gear!!

Cat, I'm tending to agree with JDru. How much of a fill do you have??

I know what you all mean.. I was stuck a pound here and there ..up and down.. well I went for my fill..and it pushed me down 5 ponds in a weekend.. I now need to remember the opening is smaller so I am fuller longer.. I have had a hard time with food.. I got filled Friday night.. so Sunday was my first"meal" and that was ok.. lst night was another story.. I was PBing several time..finally it was ok..and tonight was close..but I didn't..I have to remember..SMALLER PORTIONS.. and slow down..and CHEW, CHEw....

Like my Dr told me.. this band is a tool ..and how I use that tool is up to me... If I want to eat DQ or Cookie Dough that is fine but I will not see the same results if I would make smart choices.. this is a new life..and I already messed it up (weight wise) once.. I do not want to do it again.. I have been to the gym 5 days a week.. and I have tried to watch my calories and what I eat.. dropped the junk food ( or replaced it with 100 calorie snack packs) If I want something sweet, I go for the Jello, applesauce.. don't get me wrong I have had the bite size snickers.. but then I ask my self why did I do that.. (especially around that time of the month)

Man, I don't log on for 5 days and I have to catch up on 9 pages of posts!!! Yall type too much....j/k. Well I am glad to see that everyone is still kicking.....lol. I guess i need to say Happy Belated B-day Threebeauties, Welcome Angie, Jdru, cookie dough and alcohol doesn't' sound healthy, sounds good, but not healthy. Raynie, i too enjoy the candy bars...lol.. Okay so that about sums it up.

I'm finally getting rid of this cold and cough so i have ran out of excuses on why i can't seem to get to the gym. I go back to the dr for another fill on Feb 8th... I have got to make some progress this week so i don't get lectured on not losing and not exercising. Anyway, talk to yall soon!!

I am just glad everyone can relate to each other on here. I've posted to a few threads and I feel like I am talking to myself or that if you don't say you've followed the rules to the T you get alot of turned up noses.

Hi Friends!

I'm off to splurge on a hair cut and color! I;ve always kept my hair long cuz i was told my face was too round for short hair... Now i feel like i could stand a change!!

Good Morning!

Sonia, what color is your hair now? Hope it turned out nice for you!

Thank you everyone for all the support! Its great *hugs* I feel better already. here is a funny story that happened to me during the Holiday Shopping Rush:

I was wearing a pair of panties that I hadn't worn in awhile. Off to Wally World I went, as I was walking down the isles loading up my cart- my panties started to fall down! I looked around to see if anyone was watching me so I could reach in and pull em up real quick! And of course the isles were packed! So here Iam ducking and dodeging down isles to pull up my panties! Then Bam! They fell again! Repeatedly the whole time I was there! Half way thru I just started filling up my cart with stuff near me and took off towards the register. When I got home I had to throw those panties away! Since then I have thrown away 3 more pairs! Just a little funny for the day! ~Raynie!

Ha ha Raynie!! Nice visual... :rose:

Well, I am finally feeling better and back on track after the unfortunate cookie dough incidence. As of this morning I am down to 191!! I can't wait to see the 180s!

Geez Shirley, You lost 147 lbs so far? OMG what are you doing? Please tell me! I also took your advice and ordered some Muscle Milk- I ordered the light one in Choc carmel, and ready to drink in root bear, and I couldnt resist the peach mango. I wish they had all the flavors in the light form. Maybe someday!

I need to get a ticker!

JD- glad that your feeling better- those darn cookies!

So I am eating egg whites scrambled- and a slice of toasted wheat bread with a tablespoon of PB. I am trying to talk DH into letting me get another fill soon. I have 1.7 in a 4 cc band. The guy who did my last fill said 2 cc was the max for 4 cc band is that true? anyone know?

Our family is supposed to go to Disneyland this May! I love vacations so I ordered a planning dvd from Disneyland.... my 4 year old son wont stop watching it! Its been playing for 3 days now! I would love to loose 30 pounds more by the time we go! Now that would be magical! They say this the year for a million dreams! rofl ~Raynie!

Raynie I have 2.1 cc in my 4 cc band right now and I'm going in for another fill on Feb 12. I think you can go up to 4 cc.

raynie: a lot of this loss comes from the muscle milk too. it tells you it helps burn fat. it does. body builders that are working out drink a lot of this stuff, and they thin out, and buff up. of course, that,s not what we want. weight loss, and energy, to burn is what you will get. try 1 shake a day, but not before bed. like lunch to substitute a meal. if you want, do 2 sometimes. but count those calories!!! i have a window between 700-1000

calories, and60-80G of protien a day for a woman. if your calories are to high you might want to cut back a little, that's up to you. chocolate carmel is good. i hear the root beer is really good. i haven't tried it though,

i got a lot of it hear. i'll even be taking it to the hospital just to make sure i get my protien in. don't forget Vitamins either, Calcium. that's another easy fix. Shirley...

Soniacan - hows the cut look????

I did the same thing about 6 weeks ago. I always thought the long hair looked better on my round face but I was wrong. i got a short cut and I really like it. I hope you like yours too!!!!!

On an enitrely other note, isn't it strange how Doritos, Cookies and tacos can go down no problem while chicken and broccoli gets stuck???????

Have a good rest of the week, keep up the good work!!!

Hi Friends!

I'm off to splurge on a hair cut and color! I;ve always kept my hair long cuz i was told my face was too round for short hair... Now i feel like i could stand a change!!

Do you like the new dew? Shirley...

Hey everyone, I have not posted in a long time. I was banded 10-16. I have not lost much. I am going through a nasty divorce and I have lost all willpower. I have a 1cc fill and it's not cutting it. I can eat whatever. I am so depressed about losing my family (husband, normal way of life) and I cannot bring myself to excersize. I am so totally PO'd at myself. I cannot go back for a fill until I lose some weight. They will give me the third degree, I can't deal with that on top of everything else. Money is tight, I sold some stuff on ebay just to be able to raise enough to get a used ipod to help motivate me to excersize and now it has been "lost' in the mail. The seller said so sorry too bad, now I don't even have the stupid ipod. Can someone kick my butt for me? I need it.