Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Hi everyone. I'm beginning to think that I should have taken a nother few days or come back for a 1/2 day. I keep trying to stand and type which isn't very comfortable.

I go back to work on wednesday :sick I've been off since 10/15/06 I'm not looking forward to going back. to many cranky guest.

Hello All!!!

I haven't posted in a while, been busy with work and the kids..... I had my first fill today.......YAY!!!! :clap2:

I was scared about the needle pain, but it wasn't bad at all.... I didn't feel a thing, isn't that great!?!?..... they asked me if I wanted to numb the area first, but then I figured, I might as well just get poked once instead of twice for the numbing.... and I didn't feel a thing.

Anyways, after they stuck me, I went and stood in front on the xray machine to do that dreaded swallow.... and guess what... it got stuck!!!! :faint: ... it was crazy looking at liquid get stuck in the pouch, so of course the took some of the filling out...... so now, I'm on liquids again for the next 3 to 4 days.... I'm curious what my restriction is going to be now :nervous .... It kinda makes you think, if liquid couldn't get through, how is food going to be able to get through.

Joanne

:faint: UMMM "...looking at liquid qet stuck..." How much did they put in? :help: I'm so scared I perfer to only eat once a day and liquid the rest of the day. I have my next appointment on the 28th AHHHH :cry Just thinking that they are going to poke my tummy So did they have to take another x-ray after they unfilled you? :thankyou: I think this is the one thing i don't like about the band that they have to poke you.

Soniacan..... is your back hurting? mine just starting hurting recently real bad after a short period of sitting. Which is odd for me. I noticed we were banded the same day! I hope you feel better sweetie!

I need a spa..... does anyone know when we can go in a spa? or a pool? how long do we have to wait?

13 days post op....

I went to work out today, I did circut training 2x around and then did 20 min of cardio....my brother set me up with a really nice program (he is a person trainer). I felt really good! Then I went to Chillis with my sister. I did good, it wasnt that hard watching everyone eat. The portions are huge I didnt even realize how big! I had a cup of potato soup...the waiter looked at me like I had a third eye when I said that was it and no water....he said i'll bring it over anyway! I go for my follow-up appt tomorrow, I hope he can take these strips off they are starting to itch.

Glad to see everyone is doing well. Soniacan - sorry to hear your first day back has been rough. I'm glad I took my two weeks off. It took me longer to recoup than I thought!

I have been eating regular food, but have been making sure my meat is either soft (eggs, scallops, fish, etc), ground (turkey, beef), or shredded (chicken). I'm allowed to have crackers on the mushie stage, so I've also had cheese and crackers. I do not feel deprived on mushies at all.

I will admit that it has been hard to not see the scale move for two weeks, but I'm told that is very common once the mushie stage is started. I track my calorie intake on fitday.com, and have been sticking very close to 1200 calories a day. I consider this a victory. I'm trying to face my food deamons, eat when I'm hungry, and stop when I'm full. I consider the band to be the tool that will help me change the eating habits I need to change. It has not been a walk in the park, but I find my attitude towards food is already changing. I am adding in exercise this week and hopefully this will help get things moving again. As much as I'd love for it to fall off, I'm ok with it coming off slowly as well. I'm more concerned with chaning how I look at food.

Since we've already seen a couple people get fills, when are the rest of you going in for your fill appt? Mine is 8 weeks out, which is the Wed after Thanksgiving.

Ok everyones- I just called Rene at Obesity contol Center - Dr. Ortiz- and scheduled my first fill for Dec 5th. I wanted it sooner, but he said No. He also said he wants me on solids for two weeks- so that way I will have an idea of how much restriction I have. Yays!

~Raynie!

I got banded on the 12th and I go in for a fill on the 13th. Almost exactly 4 weeks. I am a little nervous but I am ready for more restriction. Raynie its weird you mentioned your back hurting mine has been hurting really bad the last couple days after sitting. I am thinking the reason could be because I was walking with a hunch after surgery cause it hurt to stand straight up and maybe now the muscles are rebelling. I am not sure if anyone knows let me know.

Lost another pound.. Wooohoooo

I was banded on October 19th and my first fill will be Novemeber 28th. I'm nervous. Right now I can eat my mushy food with no problems...Afterwards it might be different. The jounery goes on...

Hello everyone, I also have been having the back pain think.. I thought it was just me, i wonder what it is??I go for my 1st followup visit on Wednesday 11/08, I'm not sure what to expect. I will keep you all posted..toodles

Hi all. Im going on the 17th, just a few days short of six weeks.

Chrispy how are ya girl! Ive been walking and it seems to help with the energy and the weight loss. Im on soft foods now and feel like I could practically eat anything but I def. learned to stop when I feel satisfied. My weight loss slowed drastically after the liquids and I also have been tracking my calories to anywhere from 800-1200, depends on the day. I hope all of you are doing great!

Hey backachers lol, My back also hurts, right in the middle of my back, I do nails and I thought it was just me. But then I went to work at my other job at Macy's (where I sit and walk) and it still hurt bad. I hope when we lose more weight that will quit.

I am going for my 1st fill on the 1st of dec. I am scarred becuz I am restritced now. I have a 10cc band I guess. and he is going to put in 4 cc's. Someone make me feel not so stressed? Mary

Hi everyone. I'm 3 weeks out now and weight loss has really slowed.. I think it is because I am able to eat many more things now. I am not worried though because I am eating so much less then before. Just think when I can exercise (about another week) the weight should start coming off again.

I wanted to tell you all about something I found at wal-mart today by the Protein Shakes. Its called K2o and its by kellogs. Its a flavored water that has 5 grams of Protein in each bottle. It actually tastes really good so that is one way to sneak in some extra protein and to get some Water. I am finding I am not having any trouble with the water I've been very thirsty.

Wanna hear something else so great. I am officially off all my diabetes medication. Blood sugars are looking great!! Life is good and I love my band. Hope everyone is doing good.

JodiT

I have also found these waters by Special K.. they are pretty good.. I like the lemon the best.. I showed them to my Dr.. and he said they were ok.. but the sugar was a little high.. so I drink them sparingly..

I got banded on the 12th and I go in for a fill on the 13th. Almost exactly 4 weeks. I am a little nervous but I am ready for more restriction. Raynie its weird you mentioned your back hurting mine has been hurting really bad the last couple days after sitting. I am thinking the reason could be because I was walking with a hunch after surgery cause it hurt to stand straight up and maybe now the muscles are rebelling. I am not sure if anyone knows let me know.

Lost another pound.. Wooohoooo

Jodi-T.. I was also banded on the 12th.. I went for my 2 week post op with another surgeon.. and was set up for another appointment with my actual surgeon on the 9th... at that time we will set up a fill schedule.. he is only in the Dr office once a month.. however there is another surgeon there all of the time.. so we will see.. if he does the fill this week (4 weeks post op) or it is ok to meet with the other surgeon.. or wait till he comes back in December ( 8 weeks post op)

Did anyone watch Oprah yesterday..and Kristi Alley came out in a bikini.. :omg: ... one day I hope to wear a bikini.. hope my scars are gone..

So far as of today everything apears to be great however I do a bit of over eating still and I need to stop that. It is great to read everyones success and stories, thanks.

315/299/210