Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Central New Jersey

Sooo annoyed i thought my surgery would be next week.i get a call today from drs office saying oxford changed there policy and now i have to.submit 6 months of notes with a nut with monthly weigh ins uggggg i already have 2 months done now i must do 4 more months sept will include the third month now cant have surgery till dec or jan

Just the regular visits with irina I didn't have any other pre op diet like I've seen on here

OK Great! I was nervous about the pre-op diet... I mean if I had to do one I would but I just wouldn't be so happy about it! I love Irina... I think the service that Dr Chau's office provides with the nut visits at no cost to you is awesome!

OK Great! I was nervous about the pre-op diet... I mean if I had to do one I would but I just wouldn't be so happy about it! I love Irina... I think the service that Dr Chau's office provides with the nut visits at no cost to you is awesome!

I agree they really treat you so well and all are so helpful :)

Hi All...Im originally from Monmouth Cty, but live in Union Cty now..My surgery date is 12/3, and like most pre sleevers im excited and nervous, but ready. My surgeon is Dr Abhkin and it will be done @ JFK in Edison. All I have left to do js bloodwork and my Nut Consult... Had EDG 2 wks ago and it went well...it was my first time ever being "under", and it was the best sleep ever...lol.... God Bless you all and best wishes to you!

I have leftover Isopure bottles if anyone wants them. I am in Middlesex county. They are free. Send me a message if you want them. I bought them on Amazo n as a full case so I can't return the bottles I didn't use.

Hi everyone. My name is Jen. I live in Clark, NJ and I am considering a revision from lap band to the sleeve. My surgeon is Dr Abkin. My band has slipped after 4 years and I also need to get my gall bladder out because I have gallstones. My gall bladder surgery is 10/9 and I need to decide before this Friday whether I am going to go through with the sleeve because I can get my band taken out at the same time as my gall bladder and avoid an extra surgery. After that I will have to wait about 6 weeks for the sleeve. My Dr says it would be the perfect time to do the revision because there is a failure with the band and insurance would have to cover the surgery. I'm really nervous about getting my band removed and having to wait 6 weeks for the surgery and I'm also afraid that I will get my band removed and then for some reason insurance won't cover the revision to the sleeve.That would be a nightmare! Has anyone had a revision after a band slip and had any problems with insurance? I have Blue Cross Blue Shield.

Hi everyone. My name is Jen. I live in Clark' date=' NJ and I am considering a revision from lap band to the sleeve. My surgeon is Dr Abkin. My band has slipped after 4 years and I also need to get my gall bladder out because I have gallstones. My gall bladder surgery is 10/9 and I need to decide before this Friday whether I am going to go through with the sleeve because I can get my band taken out at the same time as my gall bladder and avoid an extra surgery. After that I will have to wait about 6 weeks for the sleeve. My Dr says it would be the perfect time to do the revision because there is a failure with the band and insurance would have to cover the surgery. I'm really nervous about getting my band removed and having to wait 6 weeks for the surgery and I'm also afraid that I will get my band removed and then for some reason insurance won't cover the revision to the sleeve.That would be a nightmare! Has anyone had a revision after a band slip and had any problems with insurance? I have Blue Cross Blue Shield.[/quote']

Hi... We have the same surgeon! I am having the sleeve done on 12/3!

Tsmyle, Dr Abkin is great! I just scheduled my surgery for Dec 10 at Morristown! I would have liked to go to JFK because it's a little closer but he was booked there until after the new year and I want to get the surgery done ASAP. Good luck with your surgery!

Tsmyle' date=' Dr Abkin is great! I just scheduled my surgery for Dec 10 at Morristown! I would have liked to go to JFK because it's a little closer but he was booked there until after the new year and I want to get the surgery done ASAP. Good luck with your surgery![/quote']

Yes, he seems really nice and I love his staff in the Edison location. Yeah, mine will be done @JFK.. Im nervous, but ready.

Does he actually have an office in Edison? I have been going to Florham Park.

Does he actually have an office in Edison? I have been going to Florham Park.

He sees patients in Edison. I actually saw him in Plainfield at Muhlenburg for my consultation, but the office move to James St in Edison, right across the street from JFK.

I have leftover Isopure bottles if anyone wants them. I am in Middlesex county. They are free. Send me a message if you want them. I bought them on Amazo n as a full case so I can't return the bottles I didn't use.

Cool I'm interested!!

Wow I didn't know he saw patients there. I had just heard recently that he was operating out of JFK. I think I will check into that for future appointments.