Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Dont I Feel Full?

Was sleeved on August 17, just got on puréed and super mushy foods (nut from dr office said ok)...I'm getting about 60g Protein a day....wondering why I am so hungry. I will eat my puréed, and feel full (I usually stop myself because I know I will hopefully be full soon). But then hungry about an hour later. I don't know what to do? I feel like its not working or something....super frustrated. I've lost 23 lbs in the 2 weeks and now stalled too (I know they say don't always go on the scale, but hard not to!)

The pureed foods go right through and don't give you a sustained sensation of fullness. This stage is primarily to give you nutrition while not hurting your stomach as it heals. Once you start on solids you will feel the restriction and a definate sense of fullness. Don't stress out, this is normal.

You need more Protein. You'll be working up to 90 grams. Also stay hydrated. ( this is according to my doctor'sodfice). I'm thinking at least one good protein supplement a day :/

Many people experience acid reflux as a "hunger" feeling. You may want to reach out to your surgeon and discuss that as a possibility. I came home from the hospital on liquid Zantac, but had to have a second medicine added (a Prevacid "solutab") a week after being advanced to soft/mushy foods, because of breakthrough acid reflux. (I also got bumped back to full liquids for an additional 3 weeks, because my surgeon felt the increased acid was an indication my baby sleeve just wasn't quite ready for more "solid" (even mushy) foods yet.) Best of luck!

I've been having the same problem. I am STARVING and hour or two after I eat. Every time. I wasn't this hungry before! I never, ever felt hungry on Clear Liquids for two weeks. After much research, I believe it is acid reflux. I am already on Protonix, but either need to add to it or switch meds or my dose. Waiting until my MD office opens on Tuesday to discuss with him. My nutritionist says I am eating what I should (amount of food, enough Protein for this stage, etc). I would talk to your doc to see what he thinks. We shouldn't be starving at this point! One of the reasons I got the sleeve was that everyone says "I never feel hungry". Can't wait to be there! Or at least not starving.

I had to start taking 40MG of prilosec because sometimes our little tummies still produce the same amount of acid as our big tummy. I have no hunger hardly at all taking 40 MG prilosec per day. If I forget to take it, I get hungry and I also have really bad reflux. I was worried about the side effects but one lady I talked to said she has to take 80 MG of prilosec a day and she has been taking that much for 15 years and she is ok! So who knows? I just make sure I take my Vitamins.< /p>

I don't. I have been on Protonix since the day after surgery, per MD orders. It's a very small pill. My MD said it was fine and it has been.

Ive been crushing and wondering if it is taking away effectiveness. My MD ordered liquid version of med but they don't make it anymore and pharmacists told me to crush it.

Do you crush the pills?

Depends on what medication you are on. Prevacid and omeprazole are both delayed release capsules that you would not want to open unless you are following the medication insert guidelines (I am pretty sure prevacid capsules can be opened and mixed with things, BUT I would never do that without talking to the pharmacist first).

There are not a lot of PPIs that come in liquid form. Prevacid does, however, come in a solutab that dissolves in your mouth, which you might consider talking to your doctor about if you are unsure.

Depends on what medication you are on. Prevacid and omeprazole are both delayed release capsules that you would not want to open unless you are following the medication insert guidelines (I am pretty sure prevacid capsules can be opened and mixed with things' date=' BUT I would never do that without talking to the pharmacist first).

There are not a lot of PPIs that come in liquid form. Prevacid does, however, come in a solutab that dissolves in your mouth, which you might consider talking to your doctor about if you are unsure.[/quote']

My dr prescriped prilosec which I open the capsules and mix with applesauce. I have not had a problem with acid at all.

Depends on what medication you are on. Prevacid and omeprazole are both delayed release capsules that you would not want to open unless you are following the medication insert guidelines (I am pretty sure prevacid capsules can be opened and mixed with things, BUT I would never do that without talking to the pharmacist first).

There are not a lot of PPIs that come in liquid form. Prevacid does, however, come in a solutab that dissolves in your mouth, which you might consider talking to your doctor about if you are unsure.

The Prevacid solutabs are great...they're orange flavored, and dissolve quickly in your mouth. Zantac comes in a liquid form....tastes pretty funky, but it works great.