Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

242 To Go.. :(

Hello everyone! My name is Amanda and this is my first post on VST [after a couple months of lurking daily]. I am 24 years old and started at 447.5 pounds. I have been obese most of my life. I lost 200 lbs in 2005, but gained it all back and some more after the death of my father. After not much success with further dieting I decided to have WLS. I am really nervous! Not nervous about the surgery but nervous about if it will work and if I will be able to keep off the weight. :(

I have lost 36 pounds since the middle of June by sticking to the calorie and Protein intake my dietician recommended. I have my first appt with my surgeon this coming Tuesday!! I am nervous. I am not sure what he is going to say... and if he will agree with me having VSG. :( Nervous to find out it is not possible for me to reach my goal of 170 lbs......... Any one else pre-surgery with about the same to lose? Could use a support buddy.

Welcome Amanda! You will love it here. Everyone is so supportive. I have over 100 pounds to lose. No matter how much we need to lose we are all in the same boat. You CAN do this. I have my surgery on Thursday and am So excited :)

Good luck and let us know how your Dr appt goes. Stay positive :)

Sue

I'm not pre surgery, I was sleeved in early June. But thats right around the amount I'm looking to lose.

I know you're nervous but dont worry, youre going to do great!

Good luck at the Doc!

you can do it! and if you dont lose as much as you need to with the sleeve it is an easy convert to the bypass. :) welcome to the site! :D

No matter what happens, you have proved that you can lose a good amount of weight and understand proper nutrition. I wish you the best and hope all works out.

Welcome Amanda! You will love it here. Everyone is so supportive. I have over 100 pounds to lose. No matter how much we need to lose we are all in the same boat. You CAN do this. I have my surgery on Thursday and am So excited :)

Good luck and let us know how your Dr appt goes. Stay positive :)

Sue

Thanks Sue! Good luck with your surgery on Thursday. Let US know how it goes! :P:D

I'm not pre surgery, I was sleeved in early June. But thats right around the amount I'm looking to lose.

I know you're nervous but dont worry, youre going to do great!

Good luck at the Doc!

Thanks for the encouragement!! Saw that you lost 60+ lbs, congrats! How much was post surgery?

you can do it! and if you dont lose as much as you need to with the sleeve it is an easy convert to the bypass. :) welcome to the site! :D

Thanks so much!!! I am truly hoping I won't need to have the bypass. Only time will tell!!

No matter what happens, you have proved that you can lose a good amount of weight and understand proper nutrition. I wish you the best and hope all works out.

Thanks and you are totally right! I just need to believe in myself. When I lost the 200 lbs last time it was less than a year. I can do it!

So far i've lost at least 63lbs post surgery. Add in the 40 I lost prior to surgery and i'm well over 100lbs gone.

i go see my Doc on Tuesday for my 3 month appt. i'll know how much more I've lost then.

So far i've lost at least 63lbs post surgery. Add in the 40 I lost prior to surgery and i'm well over 100lbs gone.

i go see my Doc on Tuesday for my 3 month appt. i'll know how much more I've lost then.

That's so spectacular! I hope I have that kind of success. Good luck on Tuesday!!! :D

Amanda, welcome to our forums, we are so happy to have you join us. You will find lots of wonderful support and advice here. Please keep us posted on how things go with your doctor and let us know if you have any questions.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Amanda, welcome to our forums, we are so happy to have you join us. You will find lots of wonderful support and advice here. Please keep us posted on how things go with your doctor and let us know if you have any questions.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Thank you so much! This place is a wealth of knowledge!

Welcome Amanda,

I was 495 pounds on surgery date back in march 2012. I lost 130 pounds so far, and I gained a new me. I still a lot to go, and still very encouraged by the results so far.

VSG will transform your life. I am now able to do things that were impossible for to do pre-op.

I always have the urge to move, to go out, and not to stay at home. I am not afraid of stairs. I fit in the airplane seat without using an extension belt. I ride cable cars, and walk long distances. I eat intelligently, and only nutritious food. I share more activities with my family. I fit in theatre chairs with no problem. My appetite is completely transformed, I have no cravings, I do not wake up in the middle of the night to graze anymore.

In short I have zero negative side effects and tons of positives.

Go for it !

Welcome Amanda,

I was 495 pounds on surgery date back in march 2012. I lost 130 pounds so far, and I gained a new me. I still a lot to go, and still very encouraged by the results so far.

VSG will transform your life. I am now able to do things that were impossible for to do pre-op.

I always have the urge to move, to go out, and not to stay at home. I am not afraid of stairs. I fit in the airplane seat without using an extension belt. I ride cable cars, and walk long distances. I eat intelligently, and only nutritious food. I share more activities with my family. I fit in theatre chairs with no problem. My appetite is completely transformed, I have no cravings, I do not wake up in the middle of the night to graze anymore.

In short I have zero negative side effects and tons of positives.

Go for it !

Wow, thank you for the inspiration! I cannot wait to go places and not have the first thing I think about is "Can I fit in the chairs?". That is the best NSV!!! Wish you continued success!!!!!!!!!

Hi Amanda,

As you can see, you are NOT alone! I started out at 504lbs and was scared that the Dr. would tell me I was too big for this surgery. You know what? It was all in my head. I was sleeved 6 days ago and things went perfectly. You have a great start and have lost more than I was able to on the pre-op diet! As of today I am down 25 lbs and while it's not ALL easy, it's far easier than I would have suspected. You have the benefit of knowing what it is like to lose 200 lbs and that is something that most people never get to experience. Use that knowledge as you move into this next phase of your weight loss journey and know that there are lots of people out there who feel your pain and want to see you succeed. For me, the biggest hurdles are in my mind...not in my body. If you have lost 200 lbs before you can do it again and then some. Pulling for you! Will be looking out for your success story!!!!!

Hi Amanda,

As you can see, you are NOT alone! I started out at 504lbs and was scared that the Dr. would tell me I was too big for this surgery. You know what? It was all in my head. I was sleeved 6 days ago and things went perfectly. You have a great start and have lost more than I was able to on the pre-op diet! As of today I am down 25 lbs and while it's not ALL easy, it's far easier than I would have suspected. You have the benefit of knowing what it is like to lose 200 lbs and that is something that most people never get to experience. Use that knowledge as you move into this next phase of your weight loss journey and know that there are lots of people out there who feel your pain and want to see you succeed. For me, the biggest hurdles are in my mind...not in my body. If you have lost 200 lbs before you can do it again and then some. Pulling for you! Will be looking out for your success story!!!!!

Aww thank you so much for your kind words! I wish you the best of luck, YOU can do it too! :)

Hey Amanda, when I started my journey back in Oct 2012, I was 489. I was sleeved Sept 12, 2012 and I am now 419. It has been a hard road since surgery since I can't seem to get enough fluids or Protein in, but would I do it again, YES. This was the best decision that I could have made for myself. Right now it's rocky but I know things will turn around. Good luck with everything you do!! Keep us posted.