Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You Don't Have To Tell Ppl You're Having Surgery!

Why so serious? I am a totally open book...both on this site and in my life. I used to worry about who knew about my surgery, but I realized it was because i felt self conscious about it. Now, i don't care who knows, who judges, or who questions my decision because i am happier and healthier than I've been in my life. What people think about you isn't your problem so why worry about it? You have more important things to worry about like those damn fluids and Vitamins.

I am happy to be someone who people in the first stages of their journey can look to for inspiration. I had people i looked to as a guide or a blueprint, so why not? *shrugs*

I haven't seen anyone bully people on here about tell or not to tell' date=' so this topic kinda surprises me. [/quote']

It's just a ploy. I hate actual bullying, and I know it comes in many forms. But it's also become the new "cry wolf". People can't debate or defend their position so they just make bullying accusations in the hopes it will shut the other side down. It's also a manipulation tactic to garner sympathy...in this case....not in all cases.

I've yet to see any actual bullying on this forum, just lots of people debating different sides of different topics....and several accusations of bullying by people who can't stand for someone to disagree with them.

Edit: I do recall one bullying situation but no accusations of bullying were even made on the forum. Just wanted to put that out there so people wouldn't think I had my blinders on.

Tell or don't tell it's really just up to you. I have told just about anyone. I am not ashamed or embarrassed nor do I care much about what ppl think of my looks. Nor do I think that ppl that don't tell are ashamed or embarrassed it is all in what you are comfortable with. :)