Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On Vacation In "paradise", But Peace And Happiness Come From Within...

Hello All,

I am currently in Montego Bay, Jamaica at the Sandals resort and yes... I am on VST from my room. (That' s how addicted I am to this very supportive and knowledgeable forum. LOL) Anyhow, I am having descent time out here, but even it this unimaginable beautiful place of peace and tranquility I realized that true happiness lies from within, not your environment!!! I am pre-op and will be having my surgery exactly 4 weeks from tomorrow and all l can think about is "How much more fun would I have if I was post-sleeve and somewhat near my goal?" I am sure some of you out there have felt the same way. I find myself not being involved as I would like to be, but I am glad that will soon change. I promise to myself, not only get the sleeve, but to work hard to change my life for the better at the same time. Next time I come to "Paradise" I will be bringing Peace and Tranquility with me....

Thanks for listening!!!

Peace and Blessings everyone!!!!

I just got back from a cruise to the Bahamas so I know exactly where you're coming from. I did let my friend take a few pics so I can use them as "before" shots since I usually hide from the camera. I just made myself relax and enjoy it, but I admit I am looking forward to next year when I will be wearing a much smaller swim suit. And I won't be hiding from the camera. I did notice that everyone was so busy having fun, they weren't really paying attention to other people. I hope you will be able to relax and enjoy your vacation in Paradise.

I just got back from a cruise to the Bahamas so I know exactly where you're coming from. I did let my friend take a few pics so I can use them as "before" shots since I usually hide from the camera. I just made myself relax and enjoy it, but I admit I am looking forward to next year when I will be wearing a much smaller swim suit. And I won't be hiding from the camera. I did notice that everyone was so busy having fun, they weren't really paying attention to other people. I hope you will be able to relax and enjoy your vacation in Paradise.

Thanks a bunch. I am definitely doing my best to enjoy this opportunity because this just doesn't happen all the time. Thanks for sharing... Take Care...

So glad you are having this opportunity and build in one for post, too!

I am planning a working trip to Florida in November and am just starting to let it in that I might actually look pretty good while I am there. New place, new people who will only know my new self.

I also will make sure I have a pool to work-out in and an exercise room to continue my journey!

Happiness is from within, but there are paradises to travel to. Enjoy! Bring photos to share!

So glad you are having this opportunity and build in one for post, too!

I am planning a working trip to Florida in November and am just starting to let it in that I might actually look pretty good while I am there. New place, new people who will only know my new self.

I also will make sure I have a pool to work-out in and an exercise room to continue my journey!

Happiness is from within, but there are paradises to travel to. Enjoy! Bring photos to share!

Thanks! Good luck to you on your trip to Florida.. I am sure it will be a great one. I have tons of photos... trying to get as many pre-op ones as possible, but I have lot of scenery photos as well... Absolutely Beautiful!!!

hey i am pre op as well! my last nut appt is september 5th then hopefully my approval and surgery date will be near!!! i am so jealous you are in the beautiful land of jamaica!! enjoy it and live it up!!!

im just as addicted to this site and the sleeve is going to change our lives for the better. i can't wait!! good luck to you and in your journey.

also i hope your not on your liquid diet and if you do decide to cheat please have some rice n peas w/x oxtail gravy and fried plantain for me please? k thx!!?!

I just want to add another word of encouragement here. I've read many of your posts--kinda tough to miss a looker in a tux--and you've always been there to cheer others on, give someone a compliment, a kind word, whatever. So, today, when I read that you're four weeks away from your surgery, well,it just really shows how much you've been willing to give to others during your journey. That's pretty inspiring. I'm so glad you're in a beautiful spot that's giving you time to reflect and re-charge.

You're right--peace and tranquility are things we have to carry within. Thanks for reminding me of that and for being so supportive of all of us here. We may have failed in the hunger games alone--but we succeed in the sleeve life together.

Another reason why I'm on this site every single day--and why I'm am a fiercely DeterminedGirl

Hello All,

I am currently in Montego Bay, Jamaica at the Sandals resort

OHMYGOSH, that's where I want to go on vacation when I meet my goal weight!! :D I've been ranting for years about how I've always wanted to go to the Carribean, see blue Water and white sand, but I was always "too fat".

How we limit ourselves!

Thank you from sharing your insight from "paradise"

hey i am pre op as well! my last nut appt is september 5th then hopefully my approval and surgery date will be near!!! i am so jealous you are in the beautiful land of jamaica!! enjoy it and live it up!!!

im just as addicted to this site and the sleeve is going to change our lives for the better. i can't wait!! good luck to you and in your journey.

also i hope your not on your liquid diet and if you do decide to cheat please have some rice n peas w/x oxtail gravy and fried plantain for me please? k thx!!?!

Wow...LOL... no I and not on my liquid diet yet, and I will certainly request some of that good food you were talking about. You certainly know your stuff!!!!

I just want to add another word of encouragement here. I've read many of your posts--kinda tough to miss a looker in a tux--and you've always been there to cheer others on, give someone a compliment, a kind word, whatever. So, today, when I read that you're four weeks away from your surgery, well,it just really shows how much you've been willing to give to others during your journey. That's pretty inspiring. I'm so glad you're in a beautiful spot that's giving you time to reflect and re-charge.

You're right--peace and tranquility are things we have to carry within. Thanks for reminding me of that and for being so supportive of all of us here. We may have failed in the hunger games alone--but we succeed in the sleeve life together.

Another reason why I'm on this site every single day--and why I'm am a fiercely DeterminedGirl

Thank you so much for those kind words DeterminedGirl!!!! Your words are inspirational to me as well. And yes... we will "succeed" together in this sleeved life. Thanks so much for taking the time to share. Take care of yourself and good luck to you in your continued journey.

OHMYGOSH, that's where I want to go on vacation when I meet my goal weight!! :D I've been ranting for years about how I've always wanted to go to the Carribean, see blue Water and white sand, but I was always "too fat".

How we limit ourselves!

Thank you from sharing your insight from "paradise"

No problem. Thank you for sharing your story as well. I too have limited myself to certain experiences in life, but what I realized is that the Water is still blue, the sand is still white, and I have to change my state of mind to understand that even in the physical state that I may be in... I too derserve to enjoy these things. You deserve it. We all do!!! Good luck to you in your continued journey.

Wow...LOL... no I and not on my liquid diet yet, and I will certainly request some of that good food you were talking about. You certainly know your stuff!!!!

lol yup! my parents are straight from jamaica my dad currently lives in Mandeville we had a restauraunt growing up. hence the weight sticking on years and years!!!