Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved On 8/21..questions

Hi all!

My name is Sarah and this is my first post. I've been reading forums for months, and need to thank you all for support you didn't even know you were giving! Reading about all of your experiences helped me decide to get the sleeve. I'm one week out as of today and am down 17 lbs. since starting my pre-diet. :)

I have a couple questions I was hoping you all could help on. My doctor has me on chewable Celebrate Vitamins. The Calcium(which I have to take 3 times a day) literally make me nearly vomit. I have a horrible time keeping them down. Has anyone else experienced this, or possibly know a solution?

Also, I'm starving! I know they say you shouldn't be, but my stomach growls...I believe I am truly hungry! Anyone else have this happen? I'm still on liquids as a FYI. I'm excited about this blessed opportunity, but am fearful I am going to be hungry through the whole thing!! Anxiety has set in.

I was sleeved Aug 1st and I completely understand your frustrations. The first 2 weeks for me were the hardest. I take a chewable childrens Vitamin 4 times a day, just the costco brand, and also the Calcium i buy from costco also. It's the kirkland brand and they are sugar free and taste great. They are a chocolate chewable one, makes you feel like your having candy. I'm suppose to take 3500 mg a day, which are 7 chewables. I havent had any problems with those upsetting my stomach. I actually look forward to taking them because they taste so good.

The growling of your tummy sounds normal. I had the same feelings. I've had to be on a clear liquid diet and Protein Shakes for 4 weeks. Just started pureed foods. I can't tell you how good pureed food tastes. Never thought I'd ever say that. I would take my Protein shakes (which I also get at costo, Premier shakes) 30g of protein and only 1g of sugar, I would blend the shake in my magic bullet blender with some ice and it makes it a little thicker, like a smoothie, seemed more satisfying to me and filled me up. In the morning I'd add some Decaf coffee to the chocolate ones and it tasted like a blended coffee. Things do get better believe me. I'm so proud of myself for enduring this process. I never thought I could do this for as long as I have. But there is a reason for it and it really does help when you finally try some food, blended or not, its amazing how full you get so quickly. If you have any more questions I'd be happy to help if I can. I'm only 4 weeks out myself and don't have alot of experience but I'm learning as is everyone, along the way.

Take care and good luck on your new journey, it's definately going to be worth it!!

Hi, I was sleeved on 8/17, everything you describe sounds normal, particularly your stomach making noises. I dont know if you have tried the lemon calcete bites by Celebrate but they are really good. Wasnt sure since you mentioned celebrate if you tried those. I just had my first checkup yesterday. Very excited went from 266 to 249.6 !! Im still on full liquids. I wish you the best of luck!!

I'd check with your surgeon regarding your "hunger"...it may actually be acid reflux, which is very treatable. I also use the Celebrate Calcium PLUS 500 calcium chewables (the cherry flavor), but have had no problems with them making me sick. That's another good question for your surgeon...alternatives, or alternative dose timing (with or without food, for example).

Best of luck to you!

Laura

I forgot to mention that I take nexium every am so that maybe why I dont have hunger. Some people take protonix. Also a good otc is pepcid complete it is chewable.< /p>

I think i read here somewhere to try and take your chewable vitamins at night and then your Calcium in the mornings - something about the Iron messing around with the calcium. I'm not sleeved yet, but have started my Vitamins at night and morning calcium - so far I've not been sick, but that could all change after Sept. 10!

Thanks, everyone! I am on something for acid. I see my doctor tomorrow to get this horrible drain tube out, and hopefully he will have some other options for me.

I was sleeved 8/20 and can relate. I'm taking Pepcid AC twice a day. I also take one or two Tums whenever I get the feeling of foam at the back of my throat. It really takes care of that.

The bariatric coordinator at my hospital recommended holding off on Calcium for the first week or two because it can make you nauseous.

I personally haven't had any real hunger feelings at all. I'm just sick of Protein shakes, fruit flavored drinks and plain Water. Can't wait for next week when I can have a bit of soft foods. I plan on getting my Protein in from real food ASAP.

Good luck!

I'd check with your surgeon regarding your "hunger"...it may actually be acid reflux' date=' which is very treatable. I also use the Celebrate Calcium PLUS 500 calcium chewables (the cherry flavor), but have had no problems with them making me sick. That's another good question for your surgeon...alternatives, or alternative dose timing (with or without food, for example).

Best of luck to you!

Laura[/quote']

Hello. First time here. Had the sleeve July 30. Was doing great until this week and I have terrible indigestion. My stomach hurts too. They have me on nexium and until now no problems. Now I feel terrible. I'm a little worried. Any suggestions.