Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am also 10 days post op and while the I am still struggling to get all my Protein and fluids in, things are better...My lil tummy just get full so fast. I am full liquids which includes creamy Soups...I about 5 baby spoons of Soup and was out of the count...And then even after waiting 45 minutes to drink fluids, it only took a few sips to put me back on full...So tomorrow, I think I am going to stick with more liquids so I can get in my Protein and more fluids...and just have a lil Soup for dinner instead of lunch...

My gas is mainly gone...I have walked most every day since since surgery...I starting walking for exercise yesterday and today I was able to get 2.5 miles in at 50 minutes...taking it slow yet as I still have two incisions that are still healing... I have some awful sounding noises coming from my stomach...Who would have imagine something so tiny can make so much noise...lol

Tonight I can't sleep because of chest pain and gas. I'm scared to death I have a leak issue :(. I guess I need to take the Pepcid and see if that helps. Gad what have I done to myself :(.

I had surgery yesterday. I am absolutely miserable! My stomach spasms evertime i drink and I'm so nauseated. And I'm already sick of this drain. It helps seeing y'all feeling better. I've never felt so bad.

I had surgery yesterday. I am absolutely miserable! My stomach spasms evertime i drink and I'm so nauseated. And I'm already sick of this drain. It helps seeing y'all feeling better. I've never felt so bad.

It gets better every day! I am six days post op. Right after I had the surgery I was miserable and totally out of it. I was not expecting to feel that type of pain - but the next day I was up and walking. You have to walk!! It makes things sooooo much better. Set an alarm for every two hours (every hour if you can handle it) and walk. I'm assuming your hooked up to IVs so don't stress out about drinking. You have plenty of fluids going in to you. I stayed two nights at the hospital and maybe had 6 sips of Water and apple juice lol It's normal!!

Just know that when you wake up tomorrow you will feel a little better. I didn't have a drain, so I can't speak to that. Just keep looking forward and thinking about the big picture. You can do it!

Shucks I can get 8 oz of broth down in 20 ish minutes now...maybe my sleeve isn't tight enough...hmmm

Shucks I can get 8 oz of broth down in 20 ish minutes now...maybe my sleeve isn't tight enough...hmmm

geez that's fast!! lol I haven't been feeling hungry. I'm really struggling with my 4 oz Protein shake - it takes me an hour to drink it. My doctor told me no more than 1 oz per 10 minutes during the first weeks.

I'm home now and feeling a bunch better. I can only tolerate 2 sips at a time of my Protein Water before i feel very full. I was walking every two hours at hospital because i had to pee that often. Now at home I'm glad to rest more in between. I can't stand to even think of food/ or broth yet. My husband tried telling me what he ate for lunch and i begged him to stop... made me nauseated. And i didn't realize how often tv advertised food.... =/

I was sleeved on the 24th and discharged on the 25th from Johns Hopkins. Getting in both fluids and Proteins has been a huge challenge due to acid reflux. I'm taking a 40 mg protonix in the morning and a 20 mg otc prilosec in the evening. Anyone else find something that works better? I only got in 24 oz of fluids today, but discovered I can tolerate sf popsicles and ice. It took me 2.5 hours to drink an 8 oz Protein shake. Greek yogurt and sf pudding goes down more easily. I only had one dose of pain meds today and am going to try and make that it so that i can maybe have a bm again someday. Can we take Colace yet?

Sunday was awful, but Monday and Tuesday continued to improve.

8/25 was my date still getting used to my new belly sleeve but can't wait to start my New life...I know what u mean I have to change sides all night and have bad gas pains so hoping they get better sooner then later good luck

When does the gas pain stop? I know mine is supposed to be worse because of the internal bleeding but sheesh.....I ended up in the ER last night because the pain was mimicking a stroke! Is anyone feeling better yet? I'm literally unable to be with my family and can't care for my son at six days out!

When does the gas pain stop? I know mine is supposed to be worse because of the internal bleeding but sheesh.....I ended up in the ER last night because the pain was mimicking a stroke! Is anyone feeling better yet? I'm literally unable to be with my family and can't care for my son at six days out!

My gas pain hurt bad night 2 post op...and a little bit on post op day 3 but it stopped after that. I walked a lot and constantly changed positions in bed. Putting a pillow under your stomach and sitting in a crouching position is soothing for it to. I know it's different for everyone!

I'm sorry that you are having so much pain. Wishing you the best.