Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers! Announce Yourselves

I totally agree with you I was sleeved on 10/17 and I feel great I have no pain at all just trying to get all the liquids and Protein in is hard. I'm glad to know its not just me who feels good. I'm praying for everyone who are having complications that everything gets better for them.

Phew!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using VST

I was also sleened on 10/3. I had No symptoms' date=' drinking Water shakes everything without. Problems. At al! Then I started mushies last wednesday. Some mushies go down quick. pureed chicken. Gets stuck after about 2 oz. i am a fast eater which is BAD. If i eat too much too fast., i get pain in my chest and slime. I am still adjusting to my sleeve and learning to eat slower nd listen to my sleeve. There are days i think I can keep eating nd eating, other days I can't get enough nutrition because of the restrictions, thise days I drink moe pure protien shakes. Good luck.[/quote']

Phew!

So how's the pre-op diet going?? I started today... so far a nectar Protein Drink for Breakfast and an Unjury chicken Protein Soup for lunch. I gotta stay strong!!!! What were you told to eat/drink for your pre-op?

I started my pre-op diet on the 20th and I was told to eat creamed Soups, Protein Shakes and sugar free yogurt. Pretty simple! so far, so good. I feel so deprived! Especially when I have to cook a real meal for my family. LOL But, I just keep thinking that it will all be good in the end. Good luck to you and stay strong! Together we can do this :)

Hi everyone - New Yorker here, 26 f, getting sleeved tomorrow - 10/23/12!! Will be checking surgery time after 5 pm today. So many thoughts, nervousness, excitement, hope, fear. Right now I'm just drained from fasting today.. I wonder how I will feel this time tomorrow..

So its done! Doing good. Right after they moved me into my room the pain was unbearable (and I am one tough cookie). For up and started walking and its a lot better! Of all things though ny left hand is numb. They said it happens quite often. Hoping tomorrow is better.

Just leaving hosp. Vomiting blood. They diagnosed it as gastrointestinal bleeding. All they did was send me home and told me if it keeps happening to come back. They didnt even look at my stomach. Will see what happens.

Thank you all for your concern. It is very much appreciated. Much love to you all! <3

How are you doing today ?

Im ok hun. It happened again. Ugghhhh. Frustrating.... Thanks for asking. <3

I am getting sleeved 10/30/12! Pre-op going well, day 5 of 12 day prep. Counting down the days...

@Italiangurl. Did you talk to your surgeon today. Does he agree with the ER diagnosis?

My pulse is below 50. They don't seem too concerned though. Gas pain is ok but incision hurts like heck. And I can't sleep. :(

I would call your doctor again if your pulse really is that low. Or just call the nurse on the back of your insurance card I believe they have a 24-hour hotline number. See again what they say. Maybe they'll change their mind about how important that my be.

As for your incision pain, I'm right along with you. What is really helping me is to take a small pillow and whenever I need to rollover or get up or even sit down, I press the area where it hurts the most while doing the change and it really helps alleviate pain. The frustrating thing for me really is while trying to sleep, I tend to want to rollover from my back on to my stomach and it's just too painful. It is getting better so hang in there.

Good luck to all this week's OctoSleevers!!! Holy crap! That includes me!

(Taken from Susan's list without any permission whatsoever) ;)

10/22 -- ( 19 )

xmasbpig

Riaa90

Donny

Strangefruit

bethxxx

DebInAZ

brandy79

jplummer3

clynn

mendymeyham

whitneymalae

My350z06

mefred

fatgirlslim75

justsleevin49

Ruffus

Kentucky Girl

KLNorrod

wonkastocks

10/23 -- ( 16 )

littlemiss0428

mrsjones075

time2getskinny

kymbo

jennifer4444

healthiermom

shanti4758

MKate73

JANNCS

BRAT

Androfan

cali4nan

Kalipso2

nomorebigsam

lovinjacobe

smithpy

10/24 -- ( 8 )

bethanyruff

pamalam

shayv123

I'msexy&ILoveIt

jusstice

janda927

Cosmogirl70

Tamster

jlfinmn (switched to RNY due to Barrett's)

10/25 -- ( 13 )

this.time.its.4.me

meeshluv81

jrabbit81

lifechanging

sleclerc

lovex5

Robbino

OneManWolfpack

LDallas

funkeechiggen

EmilyG

mzzroxy

brennie

10/26 -- ( 3 )

mandymae

tina1026

JoJo1026

10/27 -- ( 1 )

zenoosh

Good luck to everyone.

I am still at the hospital so she called the on call doctor and my personal doctor. Back up to the 60s now.

I am still at the hospital so she called the on call doctor and my personal doctor. Back up to the 60s now.

Oh good! At least they didn't send you home this time. Please let us know how you're doing.

Good luck to everyone.

Good luck to everyone today! I hope you all do well and recover quickly.