Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers! Announce Yourselves

Surgery is tomorrow and my nerves and thoughts are all over the place.. I'm so ready to get through surgery and start my new life :) happy smooth recoveries for my sleeve sisters and brothers.. God bless!

Fellow OctoSleevers,

I just wanted to share this because I am inspired by all of you and feel a little weak, shameful, and pathetic right now.

I had a rough weekend.

Mistake #1 was inviting a bunch of friends over for football this weekend, none of whom know I'm having WLS

Mistake #2 was making sure there was plenty of pizza, wings, chips, and beer available, you know, to be a "good host."

Mistake #3 was, after staying strong for a few hours, having "just one small slice of pizza"

Mistake #4 was having that one slice turn into 3 slices, a half dozen wings, and half a bag of chips

Mistake #5 was having "just one" beer

Mistake #6 (as I'm sure you can guess by now), was beers #2, 3, and 4.

Mistake #7 was not insisting that everyone take home leftovers, or having failed that, not throwing away leftovers

Mistake #8 was eating another 2 slices of cold pizza later last night / early this morning.

I can only hope this hasn't completely derailed the small gains I was making. I hope that I can get back on track, and stay strong. I hope this is the sort of thing I will be able to control post-sleeve. I have been leaning on this community's support, and yet having read through many more posts of success today, I don;t know if it made me even angrier at myself, more embarrassed, or what. I have known for so long that I have to change. I started today by throwing away everything "bad," prepping my Protein Shakes and healthy Snacks, and hate-walking 30 minutes uphill on the treadmill. I'll find out tomorrow how badly I've betrayed my scale (who had been treating me so well these past few weeks).

Thanks for letting me vent. Congrats again to all those already sleeved this month, and good luck to the upcoming losers (60+ ppl getting sleeved this week, according to Susan's list!)

Onemanwolfpack,Dont ever be embarrassed to admit a mistake (or several) on this forum...my understanding is that we're here to give and gain support, as we struggle with issues that have plagued many of us since childhood! Its hard to break our rituals and habits...yes, I said RITUALS. My relationship with eating and food borders on an OCD type situation, and I am realizing that more and more. Yeah you effed up that day...take some Metamucil and start anew today. There have been so many people who've followed their Docs orders to a T. Good for them...they rocked that part of the struggle/journey. There are many more who made the same errors in judgment and they've done amazingly well in this process!There are going to be slip-ups. There are going to be bad days and good days (hopefully more good...)Learn from it, move on, and use that experience to change your habits. Im toying with the idea of getting a NUT, at leastt for the first couple months, to help me establish healthy eating patterns. Might cost me a few bucks, but think about how much we'll be saving on pizza and beer!!!:-)

Good luck for a speedy recovery Tanya :-)

Zenoosh, Aimstergal, hsirk (and everyone else),

Thanks for the words of encouragement, and the reality check. I'm back on track, heading full steam to my Oct 25th day of forever change. And I'm also happy to report that Mr. scale still managed to post a loss of 3lbs for me this week, so obviously I've still been doing much more good than bad. :)

My best to all having surgery today. Please check in with us early and often!

Hey guys!

Angela from Green Bay WI.

I am going to be sleeved October 19th!

With Dr. James Kemmerling.

Hi Angela777!!! I'm in Janesville, WI and going to be sleeved on Oct. 30th in Tijuana, MX by Dr. Garcia!!! nice to see another Wisconsinite on here!!! Good luck to you!

Hey wolf!

Don't beat yourself up! I was freaking out that I messed up on my pre op diet and i had a few less than well behaved moments on mine. I think most people do. It's so final and we know we are going to miss our old ways sometimes so it's tempting to "have just one last...."

I was sleeved on 4th October and the first thing I asked my surgeon when I can round "was my liver small enough" to which he answered "yes, no problems at all" I had been so worried that my blips would mean my liver hadn't shrunk enough but thankfully being good for the vast majority of the diet I was ok.

So what I'm trying to say is, dust yourself off, get back on the diet and look forward, be truthful to yourself as I'm sure you knew deep down you were setting yourself up for a "one last night with the boys" somewhere in your mind? Well you did it- enjoy it for what it was and get back on track.

#onedayiwillbeslim SD - October 4th 2012

Good luck for a speedy recovery Tanya :-)

Thank u so much :D

Hey Wolf...you will make it through. We are all here for you. Its difficult when we are faced with these life challenges but you will pull through because you noted what happened and are moving forward. Taking it one meal at a time and by your op date you will be able to look back and see how it was only a hiccup in time.

As for me...I had my preadmission testing today and am happy to report that I'm down 27lbs from my start of preop diet!!! Still hope to lose more before 10/16 but I was excited. 27 lbs never to be seen again!

Good luck to all the sleevers this week. You are all in my thoughts and prayers for a safe journey. And to all you post op"losers "out there so happy for you and wishing you continued successes.

I will get sleeved today in Mexico I'm waiting for the nurse to give me instructions on what will be happening today.

Good LUCK!!!!

I made hubby hide the battery to the scale this morning. I was becoming obsessed. It was nice to see the weight coming off with the pre-op diet but I seem to have hit a stall. Oh well. We'll see what it is in 10 days at my pre-op visit.

Hi! I'm 30 and a mom of 2 (11 and 8). I'm in Maryland and scheduled for Oct 16th. Started my preop diet today.

I'm also in MD scheduled Oct 17

Lmao yea all my stomach doing is gurgling ... Haven't really "went" yet

What is the Miralx for?? How soon should you take it

Hello everyone.

I had my surgery on Oct 1st and, I think I'm doing as well as expected.

I have a question for the recently sleeved. I'm having what I would describe as internal tremors or chills. In not sure if this is normal. I should mention that I still have the drain in my side until my first post-op visit. It's secure; but I can't help but wonder if the chills are related to the drain or if I have pneumonia. This would be worst case scenario.

Is anyone experiencing the same?

Thanks for your feedback.

I had it done same day. No I have not had those feelings. I also have drain til first visit. You better call your DR.

What is the Miralx for?? How soon should you take it

Miralax is a laxative, it softens ur stools and makes u go easily but it can take 2-4 days to work I had to take it yesterday and today and surgery tomorrow it's only makin my stomach gurgle so I wonder if it's for after surgery to help me! Lol

I start my pre-op diet tomorrow. Anyone have any tips? My dr has me on a 1200 caloie diet. Protein Shakes for breakfast' date=' lunch, tons of Water, and a small serving of a Protein and vegetable for dinner

Good luck to everyone.[/quote']

Hey there!! My advice is beeee grateful for 1200 calories that include food to chew :) I'm in a total liquid diet all shakes, water and sf Jello, crystal light. Really best advice is take it one day at a time. Rejoice over makn it through yesterday and focus on today. I finally started enjoying my shakes day 3, 4. Now, it doesn't feel, like I'm forcing something nasty down my throat. One thing's for sure...u can do it!