Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers! Announce Yourselves

Way to go brother! Hope to be joining you on the losers bench soon... Oct 25th for me. Good luck to you and keep us posted. Congrats also to all the other OctoSleevers who were already sleeved' date=' and thanks for sharing all your stories.[/quote']

Thanks man, a day of Jello and broth almost done. I am ready. Wanted to get below 300 preop and was 292 this am. Never over 300 again!

Thanks man' date=' a day of Jello and broth almost done. I am ready. Wanted to get below 300 preop and was 292 this am. Never over 300 again![/quote']

Good luck chad!

Done Did It!

Yes it is!!!

Susan,

I was in your town(Mooresville,near Brawley School Rd) last nite at an amazing birthday party. They had wonderful finger foods.....including some sort of soup/tomato paste in shot classes for shrimp skewers! Did without the shrimp and had a couple of glasses of the soup/paste which was delish. Furthermore for the first time in years I said NO to the cake.

Good luck to this week's Octosleevers!

Susan' date='

I was in your town(Mooresville,near Brawley School Rd) last nite at an amazing birthday party. They had wonderful finger foods.....including some sort of soup/tomato paste in shot classes for shrimp skewers! Did without the shrimp and had a couple of glasses of the soup/paste which was delish. Furthermore for the first time in years I said NO to the cake.[/quote']

Good for you!!! It felt empowering, didn't it?!?!

In 33hrs I will be in the hospital changing my life around!!! Can u say holy moly!!! :D good luck to this weeks sleevers!!!! Tuesday!!! :D

Best of luck to all the sleevers coming up this week. :D Mine is Thursday! :wacko: May you all have a speedy and easy recovery. God bless and my prayers are with you all!

Best of luck to all the sleevers coming up this week. :D Mine is Thursday! :wacko: May you all have a speedy and easy recovery. God bless and my prayers are with you all!

I'm Thursday too. Tryna get all housework done and meals planned for my family...this way when I get back home I'm relaxing!

I cant believe tomorrow is the day! I have to be at the hospital at 0600 and my surgery is for 0730. I have had nothing today but crystal lite after my Breakfast of one lovely bottle of magnesium citrate. I drank it through a straw which helped alot! We had friends over to watch the football game along with lots of food. It was so hard, but a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to Pdxman and others. Your posts here about the dangers of cheating truly helped keep me strong....so thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!! (-: Thanks to this forum, i feel as prepared as i can. At least i know what to tell myself mentally. I never realized my relationship with food until this past 10 day pre-op diet. Wow what an eye opener!

Good luck to my fellow sleeve brothers and sisters this week! And to those from last week glad u did so well!!!!

Cant wait to be on losers bench tomorrow (-:

Almost too excited to sleep tonight. Can't believe tomorrow is the big day. Could have not done this without y'all

Been so busy with school that I haven't been on in a while. It took me over an hour and a half just to catch up with all of the postings.

So, CONGRATULATIONS!! to all of you that have had your surgery already. I was glad to see the post-op postings. They were very reassuring.

To Chad, sorry to hear about your struggles at home. I'm praying that it all works out the way it is supposed to for you. But, CONGRATS to you on the loss. You must be overjoyed to be under 300 even before surgery. Please continue to post about your procedure and recovery.

To everyone new since my last (september) posting, WELCOME! :)

I recently had my preop bariatric class; they gave us an incentive spirometer to use from now until surgery. What fun. =/ My pulmonary clearance is scheduled for 10/10, PCP clearance 10/16, endoscopy 10/18, PAT 10/19, final visit with the surgeon 10/25 and then SURGERY 10/29!!! WOOO HOOO!!!

Like the rest of the waiting sleevers, I can't wait to be on the Loser's Bench! :)

Again, congrats, to the already sleeved: Well wishes for a speedy healing and recovery. To the rest of us, many blessings for a safe procedure and speedy healing.

~Tammy

Aimstergal - I didn't exercise last week so this week I've started Pilates with the Malibu Pro Pilates chair that Susan Lucci hawks on HSN. I'm gonna see if I can meet your 9.8 lbs & raise you another several .8s!!!

Susan 2.0... I just started my pre op diet on the 30th...That 9.8 was DEFINITELY mostly Water weight on me. I've lived on mostly diet coke as liquid for years that once I started drinking all the Water, and having to pee every 15 or so minutes, it came off...lol... I have followed the diet to a t though. Awfully proud of myself! Just proves to me how motivated I am to change my life!

All of us October sleepers are heading to the losers bench!!!

Sent from my iPad using VST

Fellow OctoSleevers,

I just wanted to share this because I am inspired by all of you and feel a little weak, shameful, and pathetic right now.

I had a rough weekend.

Mistake #1 was inviting a bunch of friends over for football this weekend, none of whom know I'm having WLS

Mistake #2 was making sure there was plenty of pizza, wings, chips, and beer available, you know, to be a "good host."

Mistake #3 was, after staying strong for a few hours, having "just one small slice of pizza"

Mistake #4 was having that one slice turn into 3 slices, a half dozen wings, and half a bag of chips

Mistake #5 was having "just one" beer

Mistake #6 (as I'm sure you can guess by now), was beers #2, 3, and 4.

Mistake #7 was not insisting that everyone take home leftovers, or having failed that, not throwing away leftovers

Mistake #8 was eating another 2 slices of cold pizza later last night / early this morning.

I can only hope this hasn't completely derailed the small gains I was making. I hope that I can get back on track, and stay strong. I hope this is the sort of thing I will be able to control post-sleeve. I have been leaning on this community's support, and yet having read through many more posts of success today, I don;t know if it made me even angrier at myself, more embarrassed, or what. I have known for so long that I have to change. I started today by throwing away everything "bad," prepping my Protein Shakes and healthy Snacks, and hate-walking 30 minutes uphill on the treadmill. I'll find out tomorrow how badly I've betrayed my scale (who had been treating me so well these past few weeks).

Thanks for letting me vent. Congrats again to all those already sleeved this month, and good luck to the upcoming losers (60+ ppl getting sleeved this week, according to Susan's list!)

My date is October 15 but I only have a 24 hr preop diet Clear Liquids

I am sooo ready!! We are one week away from the big day!

Fellow OctoSleevers,

I just wanted to share this because I am inspired by all of you and feel a little weak, shameful, and pathetic right now.

I had a rough weekend.

Mistake #1 was inviting a bunch of friends over for football this weekend, none of whom know I'm having WLS

Mistake #2 was making sure there was plenty of pizza, wings, chips, and beer available, you know, to be a "good host."

Mistake #3 was, after staying strong for a few hours, having "just one small slice of pizza"

Mistake #4 was having that one slice turn into 3 slices, a half dozen wings, and half a bag of chips

Mistake #5 was having "just one" beer

Mistake #6 (as I'm sure you can guess by now), was beers #2, 3, and 4.

Mistake #7 was not insisting that everyone take home leftovers, or having failed that, not throwing away leftovers

Mistake #8 was eating another 2 slices of cold pizza later last night / early this morning.

I can only hope this hasn't completely derailed the small gains I was making. I hope that I can get back on track, and stay strong. I hope this is the sort of thing I will be able to control post-sleeve. I have been leaning on this community's support, and yet having read through many more posts of success today, I don;t know if it made me even angrier at myself, more embarrassed, or what. I have known for so long that I have to change. I started today by throwing away everything "bad," prepping my Protein Shakes and healthy Snacks, and hate-walking 30 minutes uphill on the treadmill. I'll find out tomorrow how badly I've betrayed my scale (who had been treating me so well these past few weeks).

Thanks for letting me vent. Congrats again to all those already sleeved this month, and good luck to the upcoming losers (60+ ppl getting sleeved this week, according to Susan's list!)

Oh, Wolf, I am sorry that this happened. However, anything that you have done can be undone. I have faith in you. You can't expect to forego everything that you did in your "fat life" and be ok. I feel like that would spiral me into depression. I had surgery on Monday and I am craving a freaking cheeseburger SOOO bad! I keep going with Water and popsicles and grin through it. I tried to tell myself that other people didn't need to know about my sleeve, and for the most part they don't have that right at all. I started to feel lost when I couldn't talk to my friends and family, though. So, if you don't think that people in your life would understand and you need to talk, WE are here for you. Pale comparison to a live person, I know, but we care about you and your success. I hope this helps. I know that if I had been in the same boat I would have probably had the pizza and wings and then beat myself up. I became a poor excuse for a punching bag, so don't let yourself fall victim to that, either. Good luck, my friend!