Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Frustrated With Scheduling!

x

Sorry - I went on a big rant about scheduling then figured it probably wasn't in my best interest to post it but I couldn't figure out a way to delete it so I just put an x in the info after editing it. Sufice to say that there's an issue with my surgery date and I'm going to wait a few days so they can figure out a new date and time at the correct hospital. :)

I sooooo understand. I received my approval from Cigna; got an appt with the surgeon & coordinator. She tells me she has 2 openings for 9/21, but.... they will not schedule until I get clearances from a cardiologist and a pulmonologist.

I got an appt with the pulmonologist for the 7th, but I have to "visist" with my PCP for the chest ex-ray taken. It has to be within 30 days of seeing the pulmonologist.. The x-ray was taken 8/7...31 days from the pulmonologist appt.

After 3 calls (pleads) with the pul, they decided that if I got the xray there by the 6th, they would accept that it was within the 30 days.

The Cardiologist (recommended by the surgeon) cannot see me until the 17th. I begged and pleaded just to be squeezed in, but no....he wants to run SOME tests. I told his office they had better all be run on one day.

I sent an email to the advocate in the surgeon's office to find out the 21st is taken. He will be "away" for the greater part of Oct, so who knows at this point ?

Just waiting and praying. I do not have any more emotion left in me.

I understand, we all want this soo much when there is a delay it only adds to our stress. I know a girl here in the UK that was funded by our NHS (a type of universal healthcare we have in England) the NHS is great for emergency surgery but when it comes to elective surgery not so much. Any way she was "cancelled" 4 times on the day of surgery! Soooo upsetting for her. She had to wait 8 months to start with & then a further 4 months due to cancellations. Rant away! You need to get all that negativity out! I hope you get a date soon x

I understand, we all want this soo much when there is a delay it only adds to our stress. I know a girl here in the UK that was funded by our NHS (a type of universal healthcare we have in England) the NHS is great for emergency surgery but when it comes to elective surgery not so much. Any way she was "cancelled" 4 times on the day of surgery! Soooo upsetting for her. She had to wait 8 months to start with & then a further 4 months due to cancellations. Rant away! You need to get all that negativity out! I hope you get a date soon x

Wow what a rollercoaster ride! I would hate that. You spend time getting over your fears to the point where you really look forward to the journey and then because some person decides to change their mind, make a mistake or not follow through, your life is put on hold. Ok, nothing but happy thoughts for the rest of the day. :P

KZBen, keep your chin up too. We will be on the losers bench before you know it.

Yes! As I keep saying everything is going to be brilliant!

I'm not sure how things work in other countries but it seems like the NHS is similar to many insurance companies in the US. (although all Brits have to pay NHS contributions whether or not you have private medical insurance). I don't qualify for surgery paid by the NHS (at 250ish lb I'm not heavy enough!) so self pay is my only option! It looks like Prices are much higher in the UK I am paying £11,000 for my surgery but its an investment in my future and give me 2 years & it will be paid off :)

AND hopefully I shouldn't have any rescheduling problems (hope I don't get I'll!)

This will be an amazing journey for all of us. I have been "heavy set" all my life! And can't wait to be "normal"

I know what you mean. I was told get the psych consult done and we will give you a date. I did that...now it's you need your GI consult, fitness consult and bariatric PCP appointment completed before a date can be given. I'm like wtf?! It's incredibly frustrating. Hang tight and all will be well.

Well, after 5 phone calls today from the coordinator, 2 hospitals, my date is confirmed for 9\24! They think at 9:30 am but that could change. At least I have the date. The hospital called to preregister me so hoping it is real this time. :)

That's great! Congrats to you!!

I needed to find this thread. I'm in the same boat. I just posted similar frustrations. I feel like this is a cruel hazing to see how much the fat girl can take before she breaks. I've waddled through every hoop thrown in front of me and still feel at the beginning. I still don't have a tentative date. Did sleep study (which triggered a panic attack), lab work. Today found out I need another sleep study for cpap. Insurance may not pay for the extra things that I would pay for normal people because my billing has a big OBESE word stamped on it. Also found out today psych eval not covered because it is connected to obesity. I feel punished because I'm fat.

Is all this just to thin the heard? Has anyone jumped through all the hoops to have a surgeon say we changed our mind and you don't get your brass ring?

I hate we are in the same boat but it is nice to know we are not so alone.

Dexter, we All jump through the hoops and yes! It's vile vile vile! Some things are humiliating and you can't see what the point of them is. But keep positive. Anything worth having is worth working for and won't be easy. Is it a test from god to see how determined we are? If so show him, he will reward you.

Good luck x

It's red tape. I have friends and family that had to jump through huge hoops and they had cancer. It's not a cancer thing or an obesity thing. It's a money thing. We cost them money being sick or in need of using our insurance. So hence the rigamorole.