Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Weight Loss Journey - Highest: 699, Current: 591 (Pics)

530105_10151197372386060_1815961929_n.jpg

The first pic is from my highest weight - 699 in Feb, 2011.

The other is before I started my surgery journey I was 670.

The other is at 602 - a month out.

Honestly, I don't see much difference myself... but I feel quite a bit better. The next hundred will be the best!

I can see a difference - congrats to you! Keep up the great work! :)

wow ! What a great accomplishment ! I can see the difference, especially in your face & neck (of course :-) I bet you're "fluffy" rather than "solid" now too in places. Even with the VSG this is not a short race, it is a marathon. Keep it up ! This is what I absolutely LOVE about my sleeve because by now I would have backslid, given up, messed up, thrown in the towel but.... the sleeve doesn't give up ! With just the smallest amount of willpower and effort on my part (not sucking down milkshakes, etc.) I will continue to eat small amounts and so continue to lose weight. And so will you ! WOO HOO ! hahahaha I get giddy sometimes because it really is working after so many failures for so many years. *doin' the happy dance*

:D

patrick

from movie - "Hello Dolly" sung by Carol Channing" - for you youngins that might not know ;)

Hello Patrick, well hello Patrick its so nice to see you back, where you belong, your looking swell Patrick, I can. tell Patrick. your still..........

congrats at this early stage - you are doing wonderfully :)

100 lbs down - not too shabby :rolleyes:

For someone to start a new post entirely concerning your where abouts - you are loved ;)

keep posting what is going on - ok

take care

The first pic is from my highest weight - 699 in Feb' date=' 2011.

The other is before I started my surgery journey I was 670.

The other is at 602 - a month out.

Honestly, I don't see much difference myself... but I feel quite a bit better. The next hundred will be the best![/quote']

Great job.!! Keep up the good job Patrick..

Yes Patrick .. I see a difference! If you can.. Try to take measurements around your body monthly. That is how I knew I was decreasing because my numbers started dropping significantly ..not pounds..inches..several at a time. I have a large behind..I couldn't even get a tape measure around my hips..I was feeling pretty low, and imagine my surprise when I measured one month and the tape measure had some slack..now..it's got real slack in it..remember ..you didn't get this way overnight..it's going to take time..BUT it will be worth it in the end!

I can definitely see the difference, and I am excited and happy for you. Great job and of course, keep up the good work!

Keep it going Patrick, I know where you are coming from. Like the others said it took years to put on but look at what you already have done in such short time. As for feeling better, I am starting to feel the same after just 30 lb loss. When I was at my highest of 505 I just felt miserable. But am starting to come around just by losing some of it. This feeling should I hope replace some of our food wants down the road. Great Job!

I can see a difference, especially in your face! Keep up the good work!! Congrats!

Patrick you are doing great! I am sure you will meet you birthday goal that is listed in your sig. Well done sir :)

Wow!!! Way to go Patrick. 100 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. I can see the difference, and I'm sure you can feel the difference. Good luck and keep up the good work!!!

Listen...you're making progress. That's the key. You treat your sleeve right, it will treat you right. And look at it like this...go calculate your new BMI and compare it to the old one. I'm sure it will tell a different story than you think you can't see in the pics.

Great job, amazing really. Keep it up and we all expect to see more updates.

wow that's amazing! i can see a difference, i especially see it in the belly area! it's so awesome to see your progress! :D you may not notice it now, but you're probably still seeing yourself as you were or have been the past few years. lol maybe it's just taking some time for your mind to process what's happening to your body, cause you're so used to being bigger than you are now! :) i'm proud of you & wish you lots more success and triumph! :) keep up the good EXCELLENT work! :) can't wait to see how you'll look in a month from now! :)

Way to go. Glad to hear from you again. It is so hard for us to see our own weightloss in the mirror. You will be the last one to notice. But one day soon you are going to catch a glimpse of your reflection in the mirror and think, "who is that guy?"

Listen...you're making progress. That's the key. You treat your sleeve right, it will treat you right. And look at it like this...go calculate your new BMI and compare it to the old one. I'm sure it will tell a different story than you think you can't see in the pics.

Great job, amazing really. Keep it up and we all expect to see more updates.

Yeah, I've lost like 15 on BMI, gone from like 97 to 83 or something last time I checked.

wow that's amazing! i can see a difference, i especially see it in the belly area! it's so awesome to see your progress! :D you may not notice it now, but you're probably still seeing yourself as you were or have been the past few years. lol maybe it's just taking some time for your mind to process what's happening to your body, cause you're so used to being bigger than you are now! :) i'm proud of you & wish you lots more success and triumph! :) keep up the good EXCELLENT work! :) can't wait to see how you'll look in a month from now! :)

Yeah, will probably be awhile till I mentally see the changes, but physically I can do a lot more, I have less nerve issues in my right arm (fat pinching nerves causing thoracic outlet), and I'm wearing 8x instead of 10x pants.

I'm excited for the next 100 cause that will put me back to where I could do a whole lot more stuff, and be more active, and just enjoy life more. For so long I haven't been living much, cause I plan everything based on 'will there be some place for me to sit -where I can fit comfortable?', and it will be nice to wear nicer clothes again, right now I can only fit into stretchy pants.

I was 450 when I met my wife in 2005, we got married 2 months later, and between 2005 and 2011 I ballooned to 699 pounds. So excited to be in the 500s again, and I'm pretty sure I can get to 400s by November which would be totally awesome. I might be riding roller coasters, before this time next year!

Anxious and excited--wish I could skip forward a few months and already be there though..

I absolutely LOVE my sleeve cause even on days where I don't eat the most healthy stuff ie pizza or wings -I eat 2-3 wings max, or 2 squares of a thin crust INSTEAD of the whole damn thing, or 15 wings, I just don't have room for it, and a couple small bites really satisfies me..--it's amazing to be satisfied on so little...and Breakfast and lunch is always healthy Protein stuff, have never been over 1000 calories since surgery, and lately been walking a lot more --and easier and swimming.