Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Depressed.... Go Back To Work !

I had been off for five days and the sitting and thinking about all the food I was missing was taking its toll. I went back to work today and it was very refreshing . It kept me occupied and stopped the constant thinking about the surgery! Today was the BESt day since the surgery :)

I'm so happy that working has made it a little easier. I'm still pre-op and was thinking I'd want a month off work - but the more I think about that, the more I think that's a bad idea. Sitting around, alone, hurting and missing food - that SOUNDS depressing!! Getting back to "normal things" as quickly as possible seems like a much better route.

I hope every day gets better than the last for you!! Good luck!

I was thinking of taking three weeks but since reading this thread, I will be satisfied with two weeks :)

Keep in mind I'm the nursing supervisor in a medical office so it's not alot of manual labor. If your job requires hard labor I would consider taking as much time as you need !

I took 3 weeks and I really wanted to be off longer but the Dr said no. I work in a office so it is not hard work. I just wanted more time to focus on myself.

Well, not sure how this will go for me. I am a stay at home mom to a child who will be in preschool from 8:30-2:30pm everyday. I am not sure if that is good to be able to focus on the task at hand for me, or will being by myself wondering and thinking about food all day be awful?

Oh boy!

Currently my plan is to have surgery on Tuesday and go back to work the following Monday if at all possible. I am an office manager so I really just do desk work all day. I am hoping I will be able to handle that. I am a busy body so hanging at home alone will be super hard for me. Good luck to you guys!!!

Currently my plan is to have surgery on Tuesday and go back to work the following Monday if at all possible. I am an office manager so I really just do desk work all day. I am hoping I will be able to handle that. I am a busy body so hanging at home alone will be super hard for me. Good luck to you guys!!!

Imbordelon -when I had my Lapband surgery I had surgery tuesday night and went back to work Monday (I work in administration in a hospital). I know the band surgery is slightly less invasive but I did manage ok. I took it slow. Went home a little early when necessary. And simply took it easy. I think it's possible if you have the flexibility to go home if you need to and if you can take breaks as needed. Best of luck to you.

-Ivy

Keep in mind I'm the nursing supervisor in a medical office so it's not alot of manual labor. If your job requires hard labor I would consider taking as much time as you need !

I work in a office with field work, luckily I make my own schedule. One week to heal, 2nd week to take a break from clients ????

I had my surgery on July 16th & started a new job (desk job) the following Monday with no problems at all. It really helps to keep busy. I had a very speedy recovery. The main problems i had were drinking fluids but its getting better.

I think everyone heals and tolerates their workloads differently.

Had surgery on a Thursday...took the entire following week off...then went back to wk that next Monday. I too have an office job where I can sit & take it easy, but to be honest....I felt like I went back to work too soon. Pain, fatigue, etc...ugh! But that's just what happened to me.

Best of luck to everyone in tolerating their workload! As with all threads on here, glad to read a variety of different stories.

I feel so great today! If you love your job go back ASAP would be my advice. Yesterday I was a wreck emotional and crying it was bad I just felt like what have you done . Today after working and walking the mall on my lunch I feel like I have a new lease on life . Glad to be back at work!!!

I'm confessing im 5 days out amd I'm struggling im trying to keep my mind off food and I can as long as my kids and husbands not home but when they arrive can't control my brain I'm secretly eating and spitting it out before I swallow any food. God I hate myself right now I fought for this surgery for Years and I feel like such a failure

Hang in there everyone! As time passes it does get easier. I had the sleeve on a Wednesday afternoon and went back to work that next Monday and did just fine. Going back helped keep my mind off food and just let me get into a normal routine. Good luck!!

I'm confessing im 5 days out amd I'm struggling im trying to keep my mind off food and I can as long as my kids and husbands not home but when they arrive can't control my brain I'm secretly eating and spitting it out before I swallow any food. God I hate myself right now I fought for this surgery for Years and I feel like such a failure

You are to alone. I started to do that too. I'm finding that I'm hungry all the time. I'm doing what is asked but still hungry.