Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Bored With Meal Choices.....

food is just fuel now but even so, everyone needs a variety of items so you will eat and get what you need. Tomorrow is 6 weeks post op and I dread trying to eat the same old stuff. Any suggestions? I've tried Emily bites stuff and similar. What are YOU eating??

Agree!!! And I need some tips too!!

I know....who has some tasty recipes? ???

maybe try something new?.. like a new style of food... i'm used to eating american food, italian and mexican.. it's boring and i hate them all... but put me in front of some korean food or indian food & i want to bathe in it, i like it so much. cause it's different! i dunno what you can eat being 6 weeks post op, but if you can eat regular food, then i would look up some recipes from other cultures that you're interested in.. maybe look at what's on sale at whole foods & see what recipes they have & go buy the ingredients to a meal that looks good to you. :)

are you interested in russian culture, german culture, columbian culture, japanse culture?.. look up what kinda stuff they eat & see if anything's available in your area & go sample some of it. :) and the cool thing is that if you go to a restaurant, you will actually be able to walk out of wherever you go with a doggy bag! lol :) WOO HOO! :D

but em.. yeah.. i have a similar problem.. i am bored to tears with food & don't like most of what i put in my face.. so i'm always looking for something new.

maybe go to an asian grocery store & buy some unfamiliar greens & put 'em in a salad... or go to maangchi.com & cook yourself something korean..

one simple thing you could make would be miso Soup or doenjang chigae.. maangchi.com has a doenjang chigae recipe & there's lotsa stuff on youtube for miso :) pretty much potato, onion, tofu & meat (like seafood or chicken or something) if you want.. add miso after everything's done cooking & don't allow it to boil or it'll burn the miso.. then eat til your heart's content! :) miso is made out of soy Beans.. and if you have tofu in it, that's got Protein in it, too.. so that's why i suggested it.

you can make alfredo with Shirataki tofu noodles & some of those individual happy cow or whatever cheeses & a little parm cheese.. hungry girl did that on her show & it looked pretty good.

um... hmm.. i dunno. lol :) that's all i can think of at the moment. :) what kinda stuff can you eat?

There are many recipes at skinny taste.com

I love the website! and on pinterest too just write gastric sleeve recipes ! I've found a lot on there I've made for dinner!

I am 6 weeks out as well and know what you mean!! I just ate scrambled eggs for dinner just to "get dinner over with." I love to cook so this is frustrating. I try to make a dinner for my son that I think I can eat as well and then end up just eating a few bites. theworldaccordingtoeggface.com has some great ideas,

I tried those shiratke noodles about a year ago and the smell was sooooooo foul I can't even imagine how they would smell to me now! So caution when using them if u decide to do so!

lol! xD well they are made out of beans! :)

they have various kinds of Shirataki noodles, though... clear ones & tofu ones. :) there's also kelp noodles.. all are low to no carbs & calories. the tofu ones are just highest in Protein.

um.. i like things that smell bad to other people.. like kimchi, for example. my parents think it smells like poo, directly from the source.. but to me it smells like garlic, onions & cabbage & peppers & i love it. lol.. different strokes for different folks, i guess.. but it was nice of you to warn her :D

At six weeks you can get some deli meat, get 2% sliced American cheese....make 'roll ups' No bread!! Add a little cheese, just a little, to your egg. For something different for Breakfast, put a half a piece of the sliced cheese on a half an English muffin and toast it in the oven. Steam shrimp for lunch. Bake chicken, or cook it in a can of cream of mushroom 98% FF Soup, dilute the soup with a can of Water, it makes yummy gravy and makes eating chicken easier. Go out to eat, when my husband and I would go to eat Pasta, I knew pasta wasn't a good choice, just a couple of bites, but he like spaghetti w/maranara and no meat. We'd order an order of meatballs and I'd eat a meatball and a couple of spaghetti noodles. Any meatballs left over I'd take home for lunch. Or.....add chicken or shrimp. Maybe not things you'd usually get with spaghetti, but you are just mainly going to eat the meat, not pasta!!!