Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 Days Post Op, Feeling Great, Here's My Routine

K, so I was sleeved on Monday, August 15. The entire experience has been waaaaaaaaay easier than I expected. Much easier than what many have reported on this board, so I thought I would share my daily routine with community. Maybe it will help, maybe some replies will help me improve!

I am 40 years old, was a 32 BMI, was always active, and never ate a lot of food but could never maintain any weight loss. I have lost 8 pounds since surgery (boooooyeah!) and the pre-op diet was successful so I know it's not just Water.

I am still on the clear liquid stage of the post op diet. I have no problems getting enough liquids. At first I would feel a moderately painful bubble about 5 seconds after each sip/gulp of water. The larger the sp, the longer/larger the bubble. That has lessened just a bit each day. I still feel it now, but maybe only 1 of out five and the pain is almost gone, but the "pressure" is there. I drink, wait for it, fist pump when nothing comes and go again. I was able to drink about 20 .oz of water in 20 minutes while driving my daughter to soccer practice today. I think just making sure you get the water as much as you can in the right quantities trains your new sleeve to be more comfortable with the water workout.

I have also found that Isopure premade clear liquid Protein Drinks are KEY in the clear liquid stage. I buy mine at GNC and they are pricey but not too bad with the deal GNc is offering right now - buy one ($5.50) get the next half off. I am not sure if it just my store, but if you spend $50, they give you another $10 off. The result is 12 bottles for $38. The babies have a whopping 40 grams of whey Protein isolate in a 20 oz bottle and they taste fantastic. There are two types, one with 25g of carbs, and several with 0g of carbs. I drink one of each a day. The "Apline Punch" includes the carbs and taste the best by far. We need carbs so this is what I drink mid morning. I drink the zero card for dinner. This equals 40 oz of water and 80 grams of protein alone and they go down EASY.

Here's the rest of the routine:

Vitamins :

- adult gummies from costco, 2 per day. Chew up until its nearly dissolved

- sublingual B12 fromo Costco, small pill dissolves under the tongue, awesome for energy

- calcium chews from GNC, 2 per day

Protein supplements :

- Isopure whey protein isolate bottled clear protein, 20 oz. each, from GNC. After discounts about $4 each. Goes down easier not refrigerated.

---- 25 carb in morning

---- zero carb in evening

- powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken broth protein, not that great tasting, but if you mix with organic chicken broth and dilute it 2x with water it works. Gets your daily protein total to 90-100g

- Gatorade recover drink

Other food :

- sugar free Jello

- apple juice

- sugar free Popsicles

- 40 - 60 oz. of water throughout the day

I have zero energy issues, in fact I have a hard time falling asleep, usually midnight and wake up around 6:30. I walk constantly and can barely feel the incisions. The "other foods" are getting very old, but only 5 more days of that which I think I can handle, then full liquids will be much better, creamy Soup, tomatoe soup, regular Protein shakes, ect.........

That's about it. Like I said, no one even can tell I had surgery. I feel like I could have easily gone back to work on Thursday (but didn't to be safe.) I need to watch myself now so I don't over do it.

Fellas, share you pr go to foods!

Hey there! I'm 12 days post op and love Isopure too. If you go to GNC website, the 12 pack variety case is buy one get one half off, and the shipping is only $4. Cheaper than getting them in the store. I just ordered 4 cases!

Great! Where did you get sleeved? Who was your doc?

I had mine on monday too, I was clears till today, I did one thing of unflavored Protein with skim milk and torroni vanilla mix, it was yummy, then for lunch ill probably do Unjury chicken broth, like you said mixed with other broth, and dinner one of the same. Get my Water in(my pee is yellow so I def need to work on that) but so far 14 lbs I am a happy camper.

Hey there! I'm 12 days post op and love Isopure too. If you go to GNC website, the 12 pack variety case is buy one get one half off, and the shipping is only $4. Cheaper than getting them in the store. I just ordered 4 cases!

Thanks for the heads up Dez, are they cheaper though the website than in the stores? The store have the buy one, get one half off, PLUS the additional $10 off for spending $50. I may just go order some cases too to save the trips. Nice find!

Great! Where did you get sleeved? Who was your doc?

I was sleeved by Dr. Rodriguez in Mexico at the "Star Medica" facility. It was great. Very clean and the service was BETTER than what I see in the U.S. No complaints. The total cost was $6800. Booked through www.beliteweight.com

I'm getting sleeved on Tuesday. I was concerned about what to drink during the week after surgery your blog spells it out for me. Thanks for the info

When they have deals on the variety case, yes. Otherwise the prices always math the store.

Thank you for sharing this! Ive ordered those drinks now thanks to you!

Hi Matt,

Glad you're doing great! What brand and kind of gummie Vitamins is it? Also, can you mix and match the individual flavors of the Isopure? I went to the website and all I see are the packs 12. They do have a variety pack but I'd like to choose my own....

I would love to tag or save this thread for future reference. Is there a way to do that? I've come across a lot of posts that I would like save -- at first I was trying to cut and paste in a Word document but that got kind of tedious because everything moves fast on the board and I don't want to miss anything...

If you subscribe to it then it stays for you to reference.

If you subscribe to it then it stays for you to reference.

Thank you Dez!

Hi Matt,

Glad you're doing great! (1) What brand and kind of gummie Vitamins is it? Also, can you mix and match the individual flavors of the Isopure? I went to the website and all I see are the packs 12. (2) They do have a variety pack but I'd like to choose my own....

(1) They are the VitaFusion muti bites from costco. Here is a link to the same on Amazon. My cordinator said not to use gummis, but my doctor said they would not be any problem at all as long as you chew them up. The doctor said any good multi Vitamin will do.

(2) I know if you go into the stores, they are seperate so you can choose your flavors.

I hope that helps!