Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

His may come off as a silly question, but I'm very curious about how having the majority of our stomachs removed effects the different astrological signs. If you're willing to participate please share the following:

What's your sign?

How would you rate your physical recovery post op (1-10, 1 being miserably long healing, 10 being fast & easy healing)

How would you rate your emotional state post-op (1-10)

How would you rate your food tolerances? Can you keep things down r do you find that many food 'don't agree with you' now?

How would you rate your general success with the sleeve. Have you made goal or are you on target to do so? (1-10).

Please if you had complications, etc please give details.

Thanks for sharing!

Ok, I'll play.

Libra

10, hardly any pain at all. Stopped pain meds after the 3rd day.

8, I was pretty optimistic - it was a little hard since I was alone.

8, I probably threw up less than 5 times total since surgery.

9, I feel like I am on track to meeting my goal.

No complications at all.

my sign is capricorn

10 on all - had no problems with sleeve pre-op and post op - i was lucky :)

Awwww i see you are pre-op for August 31 - what is your sign ;)

Good luck

kathy

:)

Frza, I would love to know what your findings are if you get enough responses.

I am a Pisces:

I am 10 on all, no issues whatsoever ( well other than some hair loss) I am 6 months out, 27 lbs from goal so I say I am doing pretty well!

Sag. --nice to meet a fellow astrologer. I think we would need the whole chart for more emperical evidence however...lol... (such a sag. comment right?)

I'll say 8-9 for all questions-- 9 the physical, 8 the mental. I've been very optimistic so the pain, annoyances of restrictions, shots in belly etc. have been relatively easy to handle. But, I couldn't say everything is perfect since I did have most of my stomach removed--haha-- there are obviously some problems with getting used to portions etc..

I guess if I were to compare it to what I EXPECTED- then it would be 10's.

Virgo here

My recovery was a 10. I woke up! :) I've been super high energy since surgery and had no complications.

My emotional state is probably an 8. I have ups and downs, but I don't think that's truly related to surgery, but to other issues in my life. I'm in the process of getting divorced.

food tolerance is a 9. I'm lactose and spicy food intolerant, but those are small blips on my radar these days.

Until this morning, I'd have said my sleeve success is a 10. I had a plastics consult today and I'm very frustrated with his instructions. I have a call in to my WLS about it.

What's your sign? Capricorn

How would you rate your physical recovery post op (1-10, 1 being miserably long healing, 10 being fast & easy healing) 8-9

How would you rate your emotional state post-op (1-10) 7-8

How would you rate your food tolerances? Can you keep things down r do you find that many food 'don't agree with you' now? High. Most things agree with me... what I can't tolerate are the typical things.. dry, overcooked meat is #1.

How would you rate your general success with the sleeve. Have you made goal or are you on target to do so? (1-10). 2 1/2 months post op, lost 67 pounds. I would say I'm on track.

Please if you had complications, etc please give details. None

*****ARIES*******

I am currently pre op~~ on the waiting list to begin my appointments, NUT, PSYCH, etc. Patiently waiting~ :rolleyes:

T~ :wub:

What's your sign?

My sign says "Stupid," but I'm told that I am a Cancerian.

How would you rate your physical recovery post op (1-10, 1 being miserably long healing, 10 being fast & easy healing)

A 10. I was horseback riding after two weeks. No pain meds after the recovery room and then I only gave myself one dose.

10. I was on an emotional high. I was so glad to have gotten it done.

How would you rate your food tolerances? Can you keep things down r do you find that many food 'don't agree with you' now?

10. I can eat anything. I don't though.

How would you rate your general success with the sleeve. Have you made goal or are you on target to do so? (1-10).

9. There are probably faster losers out there and people who stay on track better, but I rank. I am 30 pounds from goal.

N/A

What's your sign?

Libra

I would rate it a 6 - it took me about 8 weeks to feel okay, and that was when I felt I had a bit of energy return.

Considering a had complications - 8-9, I was very happy to finally be on the other side of surgery. Surgery pain was minimal other than the gas pain the first day - which walking around gets rid of. Was not taking pain meds for surgery after 2 days - but started taking it again for the baskillion CBC's I had to have (I am a p.i.t.a blood draw lol.)

Early on, I always ate too much and got the watery mouth, and watery throw ups. I went through a lactose intolerant period but it has passsed, I also went through the everything tastes and smalls terrible phase which has gotten a lot better. I stick to Protein first, then veggies, etc - but have had a few bites of carb in the form of breads and rice etc, they sit pretty heavy and feel uncomfortable for me - I will hit my 3 month mark on 8/21/12.

Always afraid that I will fail at this too - but it looks like I am doing okay so far. My personal goal is to lose 10 lbs a month - and I am certain that this will become much more challenging as I get further out from surgery. Sometime in 2013/2014 I hope to hit goal.

I am approaching 50% loss of excess weight at 3 months post surgery - my surgeon says folks usually get it at 6 months. I was a high BMI to start with so those numbers make more sense.

I started to bleed internally after my surgery and there was talk of going back in to repair it - my hematocrit dropped to 19 which made a couple a blood transfusions neccesary, I was released after 5 days. Once I arrived home I had an incision open up and I struggled with stopping the flow of blood - ended up back in ther ER that night, eventually all was well, took a week or so for the incision to dry up. Meanwhile, my husband who also had a VSG two weeks earlier sailed through surgery and was out mowing the lawn two days after his surgery.

Just a note on the incision bleeding. I had that, but I hesitate to call what I had a complication.

My first night home my largest incision opened a bit a I bled through 3 dish towels. I called the surgeon and he said to put a gauze pad on it. so that's what I did.

Actually, we went out and got iodine, butterfly bandages and gauze. The butterfly will hold the wound together and the gauze will soak up the drainage. This continued for a week and a half.

What I had was a lot of subcutaneous blood and no drain. No big deal. I advise all newbies of this because you can look really silly with a blood spot on your shirt. Your body either absorbs it or it drains out.

His may come off as a silly question' date=' but I'm very curious about how having the majority of our stomachs removed effects the different astrological signs. If you're willing to participate please share the following:

What's your sign?

Thanks for sharing![/quote']

Aries -9 weeks post op, 46lbs lost

Recovery was a 10. No complications.

I'd rate my emotional state as a 4. Ever since surgery I'm either crying all the time or angry. I do have some personal issues going on, but I believe my emotions are amplified since surgery.

I'm cleared to eat anything I want. So far nothing disagrees with me

I'd say I'm on track for making my goal. 10

My sign- Aries.

My physical recovery- 10.

My emotional state- 7, I feel like I'm in mourning some days, today is a good day!

I'm only 2 wks post op and just began pureed. So far, so good.

I'm still losing and I only weigh when I go to clinic on that scale. I'll know the numbers next week.