Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Can't Wait To Not Have To...

I can't wait to NOT wear baby powder on my neck at night.

I can't wait to NOT sweat sitting still.

I can't wait to NOT count on my kid to pick up everything I drop.

I can't wait to NOT feel like I need another shower by the time I get dressed.

I made this list a while back of all the reasons I hate being fat to refer back to if I ever try to convince myself to not go through with the surgery, or start regretting having it afterwards. So I guess you could say I can't wait to NOT have any of these issues!

[ ] I can't tie my shoes on the top, they're always on the side, and even that is hard to do.

[ ] I exceed the weight limit for pretty much anything there is a weight limit for.

[ ] I can't use regular towels because they don't fit around me

[ ] I have terrible balance due to too much weight on my knees and ankles, I get nervous carrying my two toddlers.

[ ] I always slow everyone down wherever we go because they have to wait on me to catch up

[ ] My thighs rub together when I wear shorts or a dress. It's like I'm starting a damn fire with them.

[ ] Thinking about food all the time. It controls my life. I'm ready to take control back!

[ ] I want to shop in a normal store where I can buy cute clothes that are a reasonable price. Decent looking plus size clothes are outrageous!

[ ] I don't want my kids to remember me this way

[ ] I want to walk my dogs without getting exhausted

[ ] I don't fit (easily) into movie chairs. I have to squeeze in.

[ ] Moving around in this body is difficult

[ ] I feel like I'm much older than 29.

[ ] My doctor doesn't take me seriously, his solution to everything is "lose weight" which I know I need to do, but that's not the answer to everything.

[ ] I feel trapped in a body that holds me back so much.

[ ] I feel like I'm sitting on the sidelines watching the people around me enjoy life, but I'm too tired to join them. :(

[ ] No energy to play with my kids (ages 1 & 2 so I need the energy!)

[ ] I'm a terrible role model for my kids and students

[ ] I'm a kindergarten teacher and I want to be a fun one, not a lazy one.

[ ] I have very little energy in general

[ ] My husband and children are thin, I hate being the fat one. NOT that I want them to be fat! Lol

[ ] I have no sex drive, and on the rare occasion that I do, sex isn't enjoyable because it's so uncomfortable

[ ] I can't take baths in most bathtubs

[ ] I can't paint my toenails

[ ] I can't cross my legs

[ ] I'm close to being too big to shop at Lane Bryant, currently in a 26/28. And I am too big in my stomach and upper arms to wear a dress shirt, because the largest size doesn't fit

[ ] I am the heaviest person I know

[ ] I don't fit in regular bathroom stalls

[ ] I don't fit in booths

[ ] I burn up in the summer because I hate wearing tanks and shorts

[ ] I don't take my kids swimming because I don't want to be seen in a bathing suit

[ ] I never feel feminine because I can't wear cute clothes and I sweat all the time.

[ ] I got married in a courthouse and would love to have a vow renewal ceremony, but right now the thought of everyone looking at me in a giant plus size wedding dress looking like a human marshmallow is not pleasant.

[ ] I don't fit in roller coasters or any amusement park rides, and I don't even have the courage to try an airplane

[ ] I can't walk up a single flight of stairs without struggling

[ ] Constant lower back pain

[ ] Severe flare ups from my hydradenitis suppuritiva, causing bad skin infections in skin folds

[ ] My lower arms don't actually touch my body when I put my arms by my side because the amount of fat on my upper arms pushes them out so much

[ ] Laying on my back and feeling smothered because the fat from my chest and neck make it hard to breathe

Excellent couldn't have said it better myself!!! Bring on the SLEEVE:))

The last time I had family pictures, my son (who will be NINE this year) had just turned one...and my daughter hadn't even been conceived. I have very few pictures with my kids or husband. I can't wait to not be terrified to be photographed.

I can't wait to not be invisible (little bit of irony there,huh??)

Another thing I can't wait for is not to feel awful when some idiots stares at my wife and I because of my weight. Also, I never want her to hear " but your so beautiful, you deserved a better man". This mostly came from her family, even though we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary in less than two weeks. Her mother and cousin bet and loudly proclaimed that they gave us two years max at our reception.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Another thing I can't wait for is not to feel awful when some idiots stares at my wife and I because of my weight. Also' date=' I never want her to hear " but your so beautiful, you deserved a better man". This mostly came from her family, even though we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary in less than two weeks. Her mother and cousin bet and loudly proclaimed that they gave us two years max at our reception.

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

Wow thats so messed up. ...welk congratz on 25 that sure showed them;)

It was and we have had the last laugh. Her cousin is on her second or third marriage. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I am looking forward to being able to reach my feet easily when I have to put on shoe covers at work. I am also looking forward to being able to keep up with my step daughter when she asks me to race her to the swing set in the park!

I can't wait to NOT:

have a rash on my inner thighs when I wear a skirt/dress without Spanx

hear my 6 year old son ask me why my stomach is so big

have to wear pants in the blazing Louisiana heat because I'm too self conscious to wear shorts and it's too hot for spanks so therefore no skirts.

wear out pants between the thighs because of the constant friction

have the big belly sticking out from between the lap and shoulder belt in the car.

be heavier than my husband

avoid sleeveless shirts

have major anxiety about going to the beach or wearing swimsuits

constantly pull up my jeans to cut my gut in half

constantly pull my shirt down to cover my rear

have people asking me if I'm pregnant.......when I am not.

allow food to rule my life

Wow, you guys are all very brave to really look at what you want in life!! It has motivated me to sit down and think of all the changes I want to do and make. I want to be Active. Plain and simple. I have dreamed of going on a zip line or sky diving.... but over the weight limit..... my husband and kids are so active... I just want to join them. I tell my kids to live life freely... and yet I don't. They travel all over and while I do travel, I freak out before a flight because I wonder if this will be the flight that I have to ask for a seat belt extender.........I want to live life freely.

Oh its a glorious thing.. I have hit several of those mile stones in my journey.. the one that excited me the most was.. going on a trip.. flying..and not having to ask for an extender.. I have one of my own. and I took it with me.. my hubby insisted that I didnt need to bring it.. but I did anyway..and didnt need it.. in fact there was lots of the belt left over after I buckled it... And I found some cute clothes at old Navy.. ive never been able to shop there.. but now I can totally shop at all the stores I stayed away from.. like macys. and Im not winded taking the stairs.. and Im no longer afraid to sit in a booth cuz I totally fit.. with room left over.. all these things that might not mean much to them..but for those of us on this journey.. means everything to us..and I did buy a cute bathing suit top to wear with my flowery Hawaiian shorts I have.. never thought I would do that..and looking around after I went in public with the suit on.. Nobody stared nobody laughed.. it was like I was this normal person... it was so totally cool... I just wanted to cry also.. very emotional times for me.. keep up the great work everyone.. :)

When did you have your surgery?

As my name implies, I can't wait to wear a pair of jeans! I've not worn any in 13 yrs or longer. I cant wait to run, n play sports, ima sports nut. I can't wait to want to do things at the carnivals n Water parks w my girls bc I always take pix while they n my hubby have all the fun. I can't wait to not worry over my health, which worries my 9 yold, can't wait for my outside to reflect my insides bc I do love myself, but not love what I've done to myself. I can't wait to wear a maxi dress n not look like a tent in it, n I can't wait to have a wardrobe cuz right now, I wear the same 3 spandex pants, 3 skirts, 10 or less t-shirts. And I'm sure more will come once the weight is off. And most of all, I can't wait to get help w helping myself:)

I made this list a while back of all the reasons I hate being fat to refer back to if I ever try to convince myself to not go through with the surgery' date=' or start regretting having it afterwards. So I guess you could say I can't wait to NOT have any of these issues!

[ '] I can't tie my shoes on the top, they're always on the side, and even that is hard to do.

[ ] I exceed the weight limit for pretty much anything there is a weight limit for.

[ ] I can't use regular towels because they don't fit around me

[ ] I have terrible balance due to too much weight on my knees and ankles, I get nervous carrying my two toddlers.

[ ] I always slow everyone down wherever we go because they have to wait on me to catch up

[ ] My thighs rub together when I wear shorts or a dress. It's like I'm starting a damn fire with them.

[ ] Thinking about food all the time. It controls my life. I'm ready to take control back!

[ ] I want to shop in a normal store where I can buy cute clothes that are a reasonable price. Decent looking plus size clothes are outrageous!

[ ] I don't want my kids to remember me this way

[ ] I want to walk my dogs without getting exhausted

[ ] I don't fit (easily) into movie chairs. I have to squeeze in.

[ ] Moving around in this body is difficult

[ ] I feel like I'm much older than 29.

[ ] My doctor doesn't take me seriously, his solution to everything is "lose weight" which I know I need to do, but that's not the answer to everything.

[ ] I feel trapped in a body that holds me back so much.

[ ] I feel like I'm sitting on the sidelines watching the people around me enjoy life, but I'm too tired to join them. :(

[ ] No energy to play with my kids (ages 1 & 2 so I need the energy!)

[ ] I'm a terrible role model for my kids and students

[ ] I'm a kindergarten teacher and I want to be a fun one, not a lazy one.

[ ] I have very little energy in general

[ ] My husband and children are thin, I hate being the fat one. NOT that I want them to be fat! Lol

[ ] I have no sex drive, and on the rare occasion that I do, sex isn't enjoyable because it's so uncomfortable

[ ] I can't take baths in most bathtubs

[ ] I can't paint my toenails

[ ] I can't cross my legs

[ ] I'm close to being too big to shop at Lane Bryant, currently in a 26/28. And I am too big in my stomach and upper arms to wear a dress shirt, because the largest size doesn't fit

[ ] I am the heaviest person I know

[ ] I don't fit in regular bathroom stalls

[ ] I don't fit in booths

[ ] I burn up in the summer because I hate wearing tanks and shorts

[ ] I don't take my kids swimming because I don't want to be seen in a bathing suit

[ ] I never feel feminine because I can't wear cute clothes and I sweat all the time.

[ ] I got married in a courthouse and would love to have a vow renewal ceremony, but right now the thought of everyone looking at me in a giant plus size wedding dress looking like a human marshmallow is not pleasant.

[ ] I don't fit in roller coasters or any amusement park rides, and I don't even have the courage to try an airplane

[ ] I can't walk up a single flight of stairs without struggling

[ ] Constant lower back pain

[ ] Severe flare ups from my hydradenitis suppuritiva, causing bad skin infections in skin folds

[ ] My lower arms don't actually touch my body when I put my arms by my side because the amount of fat on my upper arms pushes them out so much

[ ] Laying on my back and feeling smothered because the fat from my chest and neck make it hard to breathe

Although it isn't nice that anyone has to feel those things it is very comforting knowing I am not the only one. So many things that you listed are the reasons for me to have this surgery. I don't have children yet but I am hoping my infertility will take a hike after my weight loss!!!

I can't wait to NOT:

have a rash on my inner thighs when I wear a skirt/dress without Spanx

hear my 6 year old son ask me why my stomach is so big

have to wear pants in the blazing Louisiana heat because I'm too self conscious to wear shorts and it's too hot for spanks so therefore no skirts.

wear out pants between the thighs because of the constant friction

have the big belly sticking out from between the lap and shoulder belt in the car.

be heavier than my husband

avoid sleeveless shirts

have major anxiety about going to the beach or wearing swimsuits

constantly pull up my jeans to cut my gut in half

constantly pull my shirt down to cover my rear

have people asking me if I'm pregnant.......when I am not.

allow food to rule my life

I am in Louisiana too!! I can't wait to wear cute jean shorts and tank tops and feel totally comfortable and normal in them. I am always worried about pulling one thing up or another thing down.