Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I didn't tell many people about my surgery only close friends. Well today I posted a picture on my wall same one for here just stating "down 42 and many more to go" someone that I never really talk to HAD to write "hey boo glad your surgery went well xoxo" I know who told her and I texted her letting her know that's know she told this girl and that it was not something I wanted everyone to know especially on Facebook and messages the girl who commented telling her thanks but my surgery wasn't anyone's business which is the reason I put it online. It was something private for the people I chose to know" am I overreacting?? My husband thinks my friend is jealous because she also struggles with her weight and feels I took the "easy way out" as she put it. Please I need the feedback ....thanks all

I don't think you're overreacting. Your friend should have never said a word. I wouldn't hesitate to talk to both of them.

I agree! I would definately say something to them. When I was doing all my research I found a girl on you tube that I really liked and in one of her videos she made a comment about how you have to change everything to be successful. And that includes your habits and friends... i have't eaten anything but liquids for 2weeks.... how is that the easy way?

I, agree with Jar312! There will and must be changes that we'll face during this new journey in our life! I was told to be prepared for friends, co-workers, and even family that will treat me differently. For those that think we took the easy way out, I say, " Go kick rocks barefoot, you idiots"!!!!

When you first told your friend about your surgery, had you made it clear to her that you didn't want her to tell anyone? If so, then she betrayed your trust. In that event, no, you're not overreacting. And I certainly wouldn't tell her anything else private in the future.

I made that mistake too, actually. I didn't want anyone to know except for a few people. However, I told someone I thought was trustworthy, but he spilled the Beans to a person we both know likes to gossip. I had to forgive the friend I told because I consider it "my" mistake that I told him in the first place. Looking back, I really had no reason to consider him trustworthy because I had never had to trust him with anything before.

I suppose the moral of my story is that just because someone is your friend, it doesn't mean that they will always do what is best for you, consciously or unconsciously.

And, I guess the best way to disseminate information is to tell people it's a secret.

I tell this to my daughter all the time. Information is power the more information someone has on you the more power they can assert over you. Most people dont realize it but this is a perfect example of that. It may not be something they can do to cause you any major problems, but it is an inconvience that you shouldnt have to handle. Play things close to the vest and for those that think this is easy, they are ignorant. I'm 12 days post op and I have had only liquids for the past 26 days what is easy about that?

The reason my husband is supportive is because he knows I struggle with it. People sometimes think this is like plastic surgery which I had my fair share of. It isn't. I haven't had my surgery yet but know things will change. They need to because I need to be physically unable to eat 3 giant banana pancakes with butter Syrup and a side of bacon.

No your not overreacting i told my best friend let me have my surgery then i would join the gym with her and she said for what thats the easy way out! I thought i could go to her for support in anything i do not! So i told her this was not easy if it was a quick fix everyone would do it, and people who do decide to have surgery go through alot of changes so whats so easy. After that i didnt mention nothing to her anymore about it and when ahead and did it.