Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plateau After Only Two Weeks?! Wtf!

Btw' date=' who wants to be friends on MyFitnessPal? My usernamr is Victoriagu[/quote']

I ant you a friend request.

I had my surgery on July 11th. I just found this app today and I have done a lil reading. I have heard a few people talk about stalling and most of them say going back to a liquid diet with low sugar, cals and carbs helps restart them. Hope it helps! Also I use myfitnesspal which is a great tool.. Good luck and keep ur head up!!!

How many calories are you eating per day, and how much Protein? You may have to adjust your calories. Are you doing any walking or workouts? Not judging just trying to help you. I hate that you are feeling so depressed.

Depends on the day, but somewhere around 800 calories,probably less most days and plenty of Protein. I go to physical therapy 2-3 times a week for and ACL repair that I had in April so I am getting some good muscle toning works out in, but I can't do any long distance walking right now due to some injections I had in my knee over the past three weeks. I'm not sitting on my butt all day at home( I wish!) I do a lot around the house and I'm always moving around so I am burning calories. I probably got a good workout today though when I stormed out of the doctor's office and walked about 45 minutes home. I'm looking into buying a bike for my husband and I to use in the house. I have a mountain bike, but for some reason I just don't get out with it like I used to. I'll have to take advantage of sunny So Cal and bike every day some where.

I don't know if depressed is the right word entirely. I think defeated is more like it. I realize it's early, but my gut instinct tells me that this isn't going to go so well. I tell people that I couldn't be anorexic if I tried! When I told that to my Endocrinologist she laughed and agreed with me. Sad, but true.

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone's posts. I wasn't trying to whine, but the frustration just exploded today. It's been building nearly two years since I was banded and with few exceptions, it's been brewing until I couldn't take anymore. I'm sure the staff at the doctor's office thinks I'm a real gem of a patient now for leaving in tears. I told my husband that there must be a wall of shame in the back office and I'm looking to gold medal in failed Lapband and Sleeve.

Not that I am happy that any of you are in the same boat, but it's nice to know that I'm not the only one. Hopefully we can all look back in a few months and be glad we got over this evil hump.

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone's posts. I wasn't trying to whine, but the frustration just exploded today. It's been building nearly two years since I was banded and with few exceptions, it's been brewing until I couldn't take anymore. I'm sure the staff at the doctor's office thinks I'm a real gem of a patient now for leaving in tears. I told my husband that there must be a wall of shame in the back office and I'm looking to gold medal in failed Lapband and Sleeve.

Not that I am happy that any of you are in the same boat, but it's nice to know that I'm not the only one. Hopefully we can all look back in a few months and be glad we got over this evil hump.

You know what....we all whine...don't worry about it! Yeah I think that in a few months someone else will come on with the same issue and we will be able to talk them off the ledge too. It is nice to be able to say...WTF and have some support! When we get through this we will pass it forward! Have a blessed day!

I saw my surgeon today and she gave me a clean bill of health. I told her about the stall and she told me to drink more and walk more. So I'll take her advice. Also should be taking in 40 - 60 grams of Protein because I'm only 4 weeks out today.

I'm back. So now I'm 6 weeks out and still haven't lost another pound from the original 14 after week two. I mean really.....How can a person who is eating loads of Protein and veggies, less calories, and getting on good exercise not lose a freaking pound?

I just got back from a week in Maui last night. I brought my single serve Protein shakes for Breakfast and ate some eggs and meats off my kids plate. For lunch I would have either a chicken salad or one fish taco with grilled mahi mahi. dinner was either chicken or fish, no carbs. We swam, snorkled, and walked all week long. By yesterday before we got to the airport I was starving, really starving. I ate more yesterday that I have in the past 6 weeks. It scared me how truly hungry I was. This wasn't head hunger, dehydration or anything else but the need of food. I ate fish, chicken, almonds, pot stickers and even took two bites of my kid's turkey sandwich in about a 6 hour period. I kept drinking Water until I was too full just to make sure I wasn't really just thirsty. That didn't work. My body hates me.

Who here has had a less that positive experience with the weight loss in the first few months? I need to know what's going on and what did you do? I have my 6 week follow up tomorrow which I am none to pleased about. I spoke with my family doctor who has known me for 11 years and knows all too well my weight struggles. She is convinced that there is some deeper metabolism issue going on that my endocrinologist isn't seeing. The doctor she really wanted to me go see is closing her practice and moving from Los Angeles to Ohio! I about cried when I found that out.

I really need some encouragement here people. The Lapband sucked. The sleeve was supposed to be my last hope! Why is it when I play the game by the rules I always seem to get burned?

I also stalled from the end of week 2 until just after week 6. The scale did start moving again for me. It is not unheard of for this to happen even in the normal course of events. I was following the dietary guidelines as well for the entire time. Give yourself some more time before you decide that this hasn't worked for you. It could still go either way. Hang in there! We are all rooting for you.

I just came out of a stall that I was in for weeks. Your body is just getting used to the small amounts of food and is making sure you're not trying to starve it. Hang in there, it will start moving soon.

I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone! I'm not as far out as you, but I'm going on two weeks of stalling and it's difficult. We will get there though!! It has to give in at some point =) I have tried upping calories, downing carbs, upping Water, upping walking, nothing has changed it - my body is stubborn right now. If I find anything that helps, I'll let you know, but for the time being feel free to message me if you just need to vent or need a friend.

So I went to see my surgeon today for a 6 week follow up. What a way to completely ruin an otherwise good day! I got on the scale and I have lost 1 pound in 4 weeks. A freaking pound! I got the usual "what are you eating?' question that I got every single time I went in for a fill or unfill. I swear that he is trying to get me to confess to living at McDonald's or something that I'm not doing. This just sucks! I'm doing worse than with the f'ed up band. How can this go so wrong? I am doing everything I should be doing just like I did with the band.

We went over the thyroid issue. My family has nasty problems and I have never had anyone take my concerns seriously. He said he'd prescribe me Synthroid after all this damn lab work I had done today should I look like I may need some, but that isn't good enough. I need to try it regardless.

Rant over....

How can he prescribe Synthroid when he doesn't even know if you have a thyroid problem. Maybe you should go to an Endocrinologist and get his option.

I'm in the same boat. Lost 10.5 lb the first 10 days and and now, 25 days out I've only lost 3 more. Having trouble getting enough liquids but getting my Protein and keeping calories at about 600-800 a day and walking regularly. I'm really feeling dispirited.