Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok Hair Loss What More Down Side!

As a strive to my goals and fill myself with joy, I now have to fight to maintain my hair. Spoke to doctr and he is doing blood test to rule out Vitamin problens or not enough protien intake.

So until I get some answers I am taking Biotin 5000mg, I bought a hair dressing cream called Shea Moisture and Garne Fall flight which they all contain Biotin. I don't know how long I can take the amount of hair. My next step will be to buy some wigs. I will see how this goes.

My suggestion would be to just buy the wigs and don't worry about it. It will come back. I did the whole Biotin thing big time starting about 3 months out. At the 6 month mark, it started coming out crazy. My solution was to basically shave my head. It has since come back fine and dandy just like it was pre-op.

So, the hair loss is a temporary thing and you will stress yourself out (causing hair loss) if you think you can change it.

Biotin really won't help with the kind of hairloss we experience. It doesn't hurt anything so if it gives you any peace of mind, take it, just don't expect any results. Iron is actually more closely related to hairloss than Biotin, yet you never hear about people taking it. I think there's a bit if Biotin "buzz" on teh interwebz, which unfortunately can even carry over into surgeons' offices. But I tell you what. If I could go back in time about 10 years ago, I've have bought all the Bioin stock I could have. I'm sure it's a lucrative manufactured market. :)

It will eventually stop. I've been around WLS boards for about 8 years, and know an awful lot of people who have gone through it, and I don't know anyone whose hairloss did not eventually stop. Our hair works in cycles. Cycles can neither start nor stop overnight. You will get there.

If you're to the point where you need a wig to feel comfortble,the honestly - get the wig. None of us need new/additional esteem issues on top of our WLS efforts.

Please remember - it's just hair....after going through many rounds of chemo - and losing my hair...it's just not that big in the grand scheme of things....weight loss = healthy weight = healthy you. there is nothing more important then getting healthy.

You are halfway to your goal - concentrate of the positives....hair will always grow back- maybe since it's summer you can get a really cute short haircut

Hi!

I thought Biotin was my savior.... until I realized Biotin helps hair -- all hair, in places you dont want to promote hair growth! ... careful what you wish for..!

Hi!

I thought Biotin was my savior.... until I realized Biotin helps hair -- all hair, in places you dont want to promote hair growth! ... careful what you wish for..!

Yep yep, I took it and ended up with hair on my chest and chin............

Yep yep' date=' I took it and ended up with hair on my chest and chin............[/quote']

I want to laugh so badly, but I, afraid it might not be a joke.