Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today, I am exactly 9 weeks out from surgery and I got a "present" for my anniversary. For the last couple of weeks I have been gaining and losing the same few pounds. Although I understand that is part of the process, I still don't like it. Anyway, I woke up yesterday and weighed as I do every day and the scale was done 2 pounds. Yay! This morning I woke up and again weighed and the scale was down another 2 1/2 pounds. Yippppeee!!! That makes up for stall I was in for the 2 weeks prior. Okay, but all that isn't but my "present". What is my present is that I'm at 49 total pounds lost now......1 more pound till I hit the big milestone of 50 pounds. I've been waiting to hit that milestone and now I'm on the door step to doing it.

For anyone reading who may be considering having the sleeve, do it! It is one of the best decisions of my life. I started this journey at just over 300 pounds. I had high blood pressure for which I took meds and my cholesterol was on the border of needing meds. My whole body hurt all the time and just normal daily activities were a chore and literally a pain to my body. Bending over to tie my shoes or shave my legs was painful and left me breathless. I sweat at the least little exerction and stairs were hard. I felt so helpless to control my relationship with food and thus lose any weight. Food controlled my life and I was miserable. Today, just a short 9 weeks later, I am so different. My body only has occasssional pains now, I'm down to 1/2 my dose of blood pressure meds, I can tie my shoes and shave my legs with no problems and I have tons of energy these days. Food no longer controls me. Yes, I still have mental battles with it but I'm working on those and learning to quiet those noises in my head that want me to graze all day. I had tons of pain up until I was 4 weeks postop. Knowing what I know now, even that wouldn't stop me from doing it all over again if I had to.

I hope everyone is rocking their sleeve and loving life!

Stories like this make me so excited and anxious! I have 2 more months and then I'll get to rock a sleeve! Congratulations!

Awesome, Amy! This needs to be copied and pasted on every "stall" post out there to let everyone know that they will not be stuck forever!! Keep up the awesome work! The sleeve ROCKS!

Congratulations Amy on a wonderful weight loss! Stories like this lets me know that I have made the right choice. October 5th can't get here soon enough! I know the feeling of being out of breath just trying to shave my legs.... can't wait for the day when I can do normal things without breaking a sweat.... keep up the good work and save me a seat on the losers bench

Congrats and happy birthday! May you continue on loosing! Woo hoo!

That is awesome! You will be off meds in no time. That is so great. Congratulations.

Thanks everyone!

I look forward to the day when I am off my meds. As far as stalls go, they can be mentally challenging but they do break....if you do the work. I just came out of my second stall. The first one was mentally tougher than the 2nd one. With the 2nd one, I started to let it get to me then I just decided not to and shrugged it off knowing one day I'd wake up and the scale would be my friend again. One of my biggest challenges for future stalls is going to be remembering that it is normal and that it will pass. Life is a journey and I'm learning so much about myself on mine.

Our stories are so similiar! I started out at 303 and at 3 weeks I had a stall and it really upset me. Then in about a week and a half I lost 2lbs...then another could of pounds. So now when the scales don't move I just wait it out. My first goal was to lose 50 lbs ..which I have reached my next goal is to get to 250 which is a pound away. My next goal is to be down to 240 by vacation and that may be just a dream but I am still shooting for it!

Our stories are so similiar! I started out at 303 and at 3 weeks I had a stall and it really upset me. Then in about a week and a half I lost 2lbs...then another could of pounds. So now when the scales don't move I just wait it out. My first goal was to lose 50 lbs ..which I have reached my next goal is to get to 250 which is a pound away. My next goal is to be down to 240 by vacation and that may be just a dream but I am still shooting for it!

Congrats on your success so far. You've done awesome!!

Once I make 50 pounds, my next goal will be to get out of the 250's then I'm not sure what. Maybe my 75 pound mark???

So happy for you!! Congrats!!!

Wonderful! You are doing great, thanks so much for sharing your journey :)