Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was told you could add flavored extract you buy from the store (cooking isle) there is TONS of flavors. I was having problems doing my pre surgery diet. I didn't like the flavor. I am getting some tonight after work

I was told you could add flavored extract you buy from the store (cooking isle) there is TONS of flavors. I was having problems doing my pre surgery diet. I didn't like the flavor. I am getting some tonight after work

I will have to look into that. Thank you. That is for the broth right?

I find that my drinks have to stay cold for me to enjoy them, and the broth had to stay pretty warm.

For Protein drinks..

Make smaller portions

Add ice

Use the ready to drink shakes and put them in the freezer half an hour before drinking so they are slushy.

When taking a break in drinking, put them back in the freezer so they stay cool.

For broth, I used one of those candle warmers hot plates to help it stay warm.

I don't mind the EAS Protein Drinks one can find at Walmart. I like the french vanilla and the chocolate tastes somewhat like chocolat milk with 17 grams protein.I prefer adkins chocolate fudge for chocolate but that is me.

I like adding sugar free puddings to the shakes and ice for a milk shake concoction. Sugar free pistachio is nice in vanilla ones. I also got some sugar free torino syrups like raspberry and mint to make things more palatable.

I bought a sample pack of Syntrax Nectar - I got every flavor. I have only tried cherry but it was pretty yummy, the first sip was the worst! But by the time I got to the end of it I was wishing it was bottomless.

I bought a sample pack of Syntrax nectar - I got every flavor. I have only tried cherry but it was pretty yummy' date=' the first sip was the worst! But by the time I got to the end of it I was wishing it was bottomless.[/quote']

Why was the first sip the worst of it was yummy!? Lol I am also ordering the sample packs of nectar so I can try out all the flavors because I got one from Walmart that just doesn't sit well with my stomach. It just makes me feel super nauseated. Probably because I have to sip it and actually taste it instead of just drinking it like I normally would. I've always been a faster drinker so the liquid phase is very hard for me. I sip out of medicine cups to make sure I don't over sip. I'm also trying to figure out a better way to get in my pills that I have to crush up because they don't dissolve very well? Any suggestions?

Wishing everyone the best :)

It had kind of a cough Syrup taste, maybe cause it was cherry flav. After the first sip it wasn't too noticeable!

It had kind of a cough Syrup taste' date=' maybe cause it was cherry flav. After the first sip it wasn't too noticeable![/quote']

Ohhh well I'll be looking forward to trying all of their flavors. For now. I added a packet of lemonade crystal light to a vanilla whey Protein drink and it tastes exactly like lemon mirange(sp?) pie! Idk if it's acceptable but it certainly is sooo much easier to get down. ????

Hey everyone. I am 3 days post-op and I am finding it very hard to drink my Protein drink. The slower I drink it the more disgusting to me it becomes. This also happens with broth. Any suggestions on making the drink taste better?

I would say change your Protein. Early out, I found a lot of them were too thick for me to handle. I would have to Water them down, making them taste worse, or choke them down as is.

Once I changed my protein (about 20 times!) and found ones I could tolerate, drinking them is no problem. I'm 8 months out and still drink 1-2 shakes a day because I love them so much!

My taste buds changed after surgery; the Protein Shakes that I loved before surgery, I couldn't stand after. I have tried a lot of them & you will too, until you find the one that fits your taste. I tried & like Gatoraid recover3; the orange/tropical drink and the chocolate milk. They are the only ones I like now. Keep trying different ones, you'll find one you like. Also, when you can eat solids, try Luna bars. I'm 4 months post & Love them!