Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dreaded Week 3-4 Stall: Any Tips To Break It?

i had a stall also but i started exercising more and my stall broke

Omg same thing with me... Sleeved July 2nd...started at 211 lbs. I just went back to work Monday Aug 6th at 181lbs and somehow within this week I've seemed to gain 2 lbs. I don't get it I speed walk to the train station... Go up and down stairs trying to connect to the other train and for lunch I walk around for 30-60 mins.. My Water intake has gone up since I keep a few bottles on my desk and I'm not eating anymore than I was on leave... May turn to liquids if I don't see progress soon

You all need to take your measurements NOW and then compare them during stalls. I walked out of my first pair of pants during my first stall. The pants fit one day and then fell off me the next day, even though the scale stayed the same. You really can't "break" a stall unless you're stalled because you're eating too much.

Basically, our bodies are adjusting to the changes we've made. When we stop eating so much and start adding hydration, the body says "Whoa!" and tries to hold onto the weight because it thinks we are in a famine of some kind. Once the body metabolism resets itself, you will drop weight, and usually dramatically.

Those stalls are when I lose sizes and inches, always. I'm learning not to dread stalls but to look for the NSVs (non scale victories) during them.

You all need to take your measurements NOW and then compare them during stalls. I walked out of my first pair of pants during my first stall. The pants fit one day and then fell off me the next day' date=' even though the scale stayed the same. You really can't "break" a stall unless you're stalled because you're eating too much.

Basically, our bodies are adjusting to the changes we've made. When we stop eating so much and start adding hydration, the body says "Whoa!" and tries to hold onto the weight because it thinks we are in a famine of some kind. Once the body metabolism resets itself, you will drop weight, and usually dramatically.

Those stalls are when I lose sizes and inches, always. I'm learning not to dread stalls but to look for the NSVs (non scale victories) during them.[/quote']

Well said. I really wasn't going to pay much attention to measurements until i started to hear stories like you just told. It is not only about the weight, there are other victories to be had off the scale.

I just had a three week stall and I'm 6 1/2 weeks out from surgery. Since my surgery ( June 25th) I've lost 31 lbs. This past two days I've lost again. I started to walk and drink all my 64 oz of liquids and try and eat a little more. Right now I'm eating about 800 cal a day. This stall sucked, but what ya gonna do. It pretty much happens to everyone I guess. Glad to know I'm not alone. Good luck!

awesome advice... love this group!

I mix mine in coffee too mocha flavored

Sent from my SPH-D700 using VST

What drives me crazy is my scale. It is a decent digital scale. And for the last 4 days I have weighed the exact same thing to the 1/10th of a pond. The odds of that are astronomical. A few weeks ago it gave me identical readings for three days - ten boom, I lost like 3 pounds in 2 days. Hopefully, I am on the edge of another 3 pound drop.

Bottomline - The scales are in a wicked conspiracy to keep us unhappy. They somehow know when we are vulnerable and then they just give us the same weight day after day.... and they laugh about it. The fact that your scale has maliciously added 2 pounds means you have an especially evil scale. Probably a conspiracy ring leader. I say we round them up and throw them in a dumpster tobe free from their evil tyranny. (although mine cost $75, maybe I will just have a talk with it) .....Sushhhh, I hear the black helicopters, they must be reading my e-mail.

Good luck. I am sure you will be losing again in no time. That was very funny, infact I read it 2X. I agree.

http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html

It's all here. The entire 10 pounds. Relax :)

life is a journey, not a destination; so, stop running -H.D. THEROUX

First, Deep breath. Lissa has some good advice. The way out of the stall is time. Do what your doc asks, and you will come out of the other end. Stalls are natural. Do you really think that eating less than 600 cals a day will maintain your body for long? Measure. Its really cool to see the numbers on the tape go lower and lower. This will probably not be your last stall. My first stall started at 2 1/2 weeks and lasted for 5 weeks. (on the scale...not measurements)

all great info in here.. love love love.