Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dreaded Week 3-4 Stall: Any Tips To Break It?

i tried doing a search and couldnt find much except be patient... has anyone had any luck with breaking it? I was plowing along (losing 30+ lbs including pre op) and and now have lost nothing (in fact, i've gained 2 lbs) since july 27th..

I'm starting week 5... i'm trying to drink a lot of Water but its hard.... i think i'm not getting enough because i dont have to use the bathroom very often at all... i'm trying to get as much Protein as possible.....

any tips to break a stall?

Omg I am the same! Had surgery July 9th and started out at 272 and have been between 247 and 245 for the last week! What the hell!?!? So I am you g to start working out tomorrow! Ugh

took me 3 weeks to get out of that stall. so frustrating. you body is adjusting to all your things. keep calm. stay on plan and it will pass.

What drives me crazy is my scale. It is a decent digital scale. And for the last 4 days I have weighed the exact same thing to the 1/10th of a pond. The odds of that are astronomical. A few weeks ago it gave me identical readings for three days - ten boom, I lost like 3 pounds in 2 days. Hopefully, I am on the edge of another 3 pound drop.

Bottomline - The scales are in a wicked conspiracy to keep us unhappy. They somehow know when we are vulnerable and then they just give us the same weight day after day.... and they laugh about it. The fact that your scale has maliciously added 2 pounds means you have an especially evil scale. Probably a conspiracy ring leader. I say we round them up and throw them in a dumpster tobe free from their evil tyranny. (although mine cost $75, maybe I will just have a talk with it) .....Sushhhh, I hear the black helicopters, they must be reading my e-mail.

Good luck. I am sure you will be losing again in no time.

I started my preop diet on 6/21 at 279lbs and surgery on 6/28, and I have been in a stall since 7/23. I've gone up and down about 3 pounds, but I haven't dropped below 251 :(

One of my friends suggested going back to Clear liquids, so I am going to try only full liquids this week to see if I can keep moving down. I'll let you know how it works.

I went back to shakes only. Dropped to 249. Hope it keeps moving down.

i may try that...

I was at 247.6 this morning. So I broke a stall of just over two weeks and am down 4.4lbs in two days. I'm going to stick with liquids for a few more days. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

i love the advocare chocolate shakes with coffeechino... i just ordered some more. Protein Shakes have made me gag but those I always liked.. 24 gm. protein... and 220 cal... (290 with coffeechinno too plus i think 30 gm protein) but I ran out.. i'll go reorder some more.. i actually look forward to drinking those.

awesome! Great job girl!

What I found to be really good was mixing my Muscle Milk ready made shakes into coffee. I mix them half and half instead of using Creamer. I usually add a pack or two of sweetener.

good idea.. the muscle milk and the premier shakes i got are so THICK.. i can't stand them.. but maybe mixed with Decaf coffee would be yum great idea

I am so frustrated. I am also smack dab in the middle of a stall. I have not lost weight since week two and this is almost the end of week four. Actually, I gained three pounds. I know that I am retaining Water because my output isn't nearly as much as what I take in but I am doing everything else. I am getting in my Protein. Yesterday I had 74 grams. I am going to the gym for at least a 30 min workout and I am NOT cheating.Not much to cheat with anyway, I am on purees. What gives?

I just can't go back to all liquids. I think I will cry if I have to do that.

I had my surgery July 12 lost 4lbs and 30 post now I'm at my 3 week and lost nothing almost 4 weeks now still at the same weight this sucks so bad cause I feel like I eating more then most sleevers I get the full feeling and then at times I don't I hope I'm doing this right

Phillygirl, I feel your pain. I was sleeved July 13th and I have the same anxieties that you do. I hope we are doing this right. Maybe the veterans will have some insight.