Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Ponce De Leon And Coordinator Laurie $4600?

So I was trying to choose between dr. Ponce de leon or Dr. Kelly and after speaking to Dr. Kelly I had pretty much decided to go with him... then I got a call from Laurie Wolf who said that they are running a special in August/September for only 4600 for VSG with Dr. Ponce!! is this for real? All the prices I've seen so far were 5500 for VSG by either doctor... I have 4300 now so I could much more easily come up with another couple hundred rather than 900 LOL

The package includes "everything but airfare" so 2 nights in hospital, 1 in hotel Lucerne or Hacienda del Rio.. also includes getting picked up at San Diego airport...

Has anyone used this lady? she was very informative and nice on the phone.. and I LOVE the price for such an excellent surgeon but I'm afraid this is too good to be true... HELP!

update: I was told she gets a "wholesale price".. does anyone out there have any input or if you have used her before please let me know your experience!! I'm paranoid about getting scammed ;)

I went with Ponce and loved him!

I used Trish though. I am sure if she works with Trish she is probably just as thorough!

Here is what I wrote about my experience: http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/33782-i-have-been-sleeved/page__fromsearch__1

I am super jealous! That is like 1,000 less than I paid!

I used Laurie Wolf In May and she was running a special then! I had surgery with Dr.Ponce at INT! If she quoted you that special then it's correct!

I had a wonderful experience and Laurie was amazing! Laurie has worked with Dr. Ponce for 7 years, she is independent and not connected with Trish in any shape form or fashion!

I too am a nurse and was very pleased with the care I received!

Nursgirl feel free to inbox me!

The only thing that doesn't sound right is the 3 nights. I was there 5 nights/6 days.

I was there for 3 nights.

So I was trying to choose between dr. Ponce de leon or Dr. Kelly and after speaking to Dr. Kelly I had pretty much decided to go with him... then I got a call from Laurie Wolf who said that they are running a special in August/September for only 4600 for VSG with Dr. Ponce!! is this for real? All the prices I've seen so far were 5500 for VSG by either doctor... I have 4300 now so I could much more easily come up with another couple hundred rather than 900 LOL

The package includes "everything but airfare" so 2 nights in hospital' date=' 1 in hotel Lucerne or Hacienda del Rio.. also includes getting picked up at San Diego airport...

Has anyone used this lady? she was very informative and nice on the phone.. and I LOVE the price for such an excellent surgeon but I'm afraid this is too good to be true... HELP!

update: I was told she gets a "wholesale price".. does anyone out there have any input or if you have used her before please let me know your experience!! I'm paranoid about getting scammed ;)[/quote']

I went to dr ponce on June 15! I used trish though :) she was great. Only difference is I had three nights in the hospital (I had a revision from band so I stayed an extra day) and the a night in the hotel lucerna (which would've been two nights if I didn't need the extra night in the hospital), and I must say that hotel was GORGEOUS!!

thank you SOOO much everyone for your input!! at this point Laurie has me down for surgery on Sept. 14th with Dr ponce de leon and I am SOOOOOOO excited! I am still a teensy bit concerned that everything goes smoothly as far as making sure the hotel is booked etc... :wacko: but I'll tell ya this, if she is a decent coordinator then I will SO be incredible advertising for her because you can bet I will be telling everyone on all forums all about my experience with her and with Dr. Ponce and with Mexico and with VSG in general!! hahahahaha ;)

The package includes "everything but airfare" so 2 nights in hospital, 1 in hotel Lucerne or Hacienda del Rio.. also includes getting picked up at San Diego airport...

update: I was told she gets a "wholesale price".. does anyone out there have any input or if you have used her before please let me know your experience!! I'm paranoid about getting scammed ;)

I am very concerned with this "Lori" when I heard her price I called Dr. Ponce (because I just paid 5500. last week) I went through Trish. I was told she is not authorized to offer 4600.00 to patients. I was told she is new to Dr. Ponce and I was also told Dr. is going to be speaking with her real soon..so Be leary for now and do not send any money.

It might just be that she is taking a cut on her fees to get her name out there. Trish told me she gets quite a bit for each surgery.

I am very concerned with this "Lori" when I heard her price I called Dr. Ponce (because I just paid 5500. last week) I went through Trish. I was told she is not authorized to offer 4600.00 to patients. I was told she is new to Dr. Ponce and I was also told Dr. is going to be speaking with her real soon..so Be leary for now and do not send any money.

:)

Just be careful in sending out money, i had surgery with Dr. Ponce I paid the amount of 5500.00 all payable to Dr. jaime Ponce de leon.< /p>

I was also contacted by Lori, and gave me the same special, I spoke to Dr. Ponce and he said no she has no authorization to be given out this price.

You don't want to arrived and find out you are short on money.

ana

I paid the "special" amount in May and booked through Laurie, May 15th do be exact was my surgery date. I wasn't short on money and Dr.Ponce accepted my cashiers check for 4,500.00.

The only money sent to Laurie is the depost and the remaining balance is paid to Dr.Ponce directly.

Laurie has been with Dr.Ponce long before Trish worked with him. Trish was associated with Dr.Kelly and burned her bridges with him... Trish just recently began working with Ponce... when you contact Trish she will tell you Dr.Kelly is a bad surgeon and has a drug problem. THAT'S why I chose not to go with Trish. Bad cut throat tactics.

I paid the "special" amount in May and booked through Laurie' date=' May 15th do be exact was my surgery date. I wasn't short on money and Dr.Ponce accepted my cashiers check for 4,500.00.

The only money sent to Laurie is the depost and the remaining balance is paid to Dr.Ponce directly.

Laurie has been with Dr.Ponce long before Trish worked with him. Trish was associated with Dr.Kelly and burned her bridges with him... Trish just recently began working with Ponce... when you contact Trish she will tell you Dr.Kelly is a bad surgeon and has a drug problem. THAT'S why I chose not to go with Trish. Bad cut throat tactics.[/quote']

Actually, it was Dr Kelly that made the decision to not pay coordinators fees any longer and made a post in another forum stating that there is no value in coordinators, ant the only people that mattered were the doctor & the patient. And yes, that left a bad taste in Trish's mouth as it wouldn't to anybody. I wouldn't take too kindly to someone who I provided services to for years basicly calling me a leach.

I had my surgery w/Dr. Ponce on 5-23 Trish was my coordinator. I spoke with her personally about the events

Trish was probably the most amazing coordinator anyone has ever had. She went above and beyond and never once trashed Dr. Kelly to me. She even said that what he did was mean and hurtful but that he still was a great surgeon and she still had love for him.

Furthermore, it is not Dr. Kelly with the alleged drug problem. It is his wife.