Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For The Poeple Who Get In 80-100Gm Protein A Day

for the poeple who are able to get in 80-100 Protein a day... can you please post what your typical day of food looks like? Breakfast lunch dinner Snacks? also what time of day are your meals? I'm struggling with my protein and I am 11 weeks post op. I am 38lbs down from may 2!

A typical day for me;

0600 30g premier protien shake or frozen frozen fruit smoothie w/Syntrax nectar

0900 10g 1whole egg+ 1 egg white

1100 23g 1liter Water w/1 ocean spray flavor(cran-cherry) & 1Syntrax nectar packet(cherry)

1300 15g 3oz tilapia filet

1600 30g premier protien bar(this is a calorie killer but I sacrifice a few calories for the extra protien)

1900 21g 3oz pork loin

2000 23g 1liter Water w/1 ocean spray flavor(cran-peach) & 1Syntrax nectar packet(fuzzy navel)

There is also another liter of water throughout the day but I didn't list it since there is no protien added to it.

This is close to 1000 calories but has over 140g protien, and is based on 3oz portions on the more solid foods

If you trimmed the portions in half and dumped the protien bar you'd end up at about 700cal and 90g protien

For Snacks you can try string cheese, cottage cheese, turkey Jerky, turkey pepperoni, yogurt

I have a Protein shake for breakfast 45g

3oz chicken 17g

tuna pouch 18g

homemade Protein ice cream 10g

That is a total of 90g of protein per day. I add other stuff to it also like veggies. but I always have my shake in the morning, chicken for either lunch or dinner and another type of protein for the other meal (meatballs, lasagna cupcake, taco salad)

I always end my day with homemade protein ice cream. I try to get a minimum of 80g per day in. adding pamesean cheese increases your protein with just a small amount.

This is a great sample menu! I will try to implement some of these changes.

I average about 70, but I've kicked up the Protein lately to around 90..

6.5 oz of thinly sliced London Broil

1 Baby Bell cheese

1 light string cheese

1/2 cup fresh pineapple

8 grilled chicken nuggets

6 Trader Joe's Raisin Rosemary Crisps

The London Broil sounds like a lot and it is, but I chew on it throughout the day. The stats come out to:

Calories: 775, Carb grams: 24, Fat grams: 33, Protein grams: 97.

I need to make some more protein ice cream. I have some frozen blackberries .... what shall I add in? Walnuts?

sleeve master.. great response! I have never heard of the Syntrax nectar .. how is it? do you mix that and your ocean spray together with the 1 liter of Water? When you say packet.. is it like a crystal light mix in? Also how are the premiere Protein Bars? I have also heard the Quest ones are pretty good? thoughts?

I have a Protein shake for breakfast 45g

3oz chicken 17g

tuna pouch 18g

homemade Protein ice cream 10g

That is a total of 90g of protein per day. I add other stuff to it also like veggies. but I always have my shake in the morning' date=' chicken for either lunch or dinner and another type of protein for the other meal (meatballs, lasagna cupcake, taco salad)

I always end my day with homemade protein ice cream. I try to get a minimum of 80g per day in. adding pamesean cheese increases your protein with just a small amount.[/quote']

How do you make the homemade protein ice cream?

I cheat. I use little tube of fruit flavored "clear" Protein. Like Yes whey, New Whey, etc. You can get them on line or at any health food store. They ahave anywhere from 35 to 50 grams of Protein in each 3-4 ounce tube. They are fruit flavored, so I just add 1/3 of the tube to my Water or tea 3x a day and WALLAH! I have 50 extra grams of protein. It has 180-260 calories, 2 grams carbs and they taste good. I used the blue raspberry in my tea, or directly into a water bottle.< /p>

They do not have any "fill you up" qualities like a shake, but they get the protein in every day. I love them and swear by them. I have also bought drink mixes from Bariatric Advantage and some other sites that have 15g or so per serving.

Good luck.

Great info, thank you!

This is excellent information to have...I'm getting sleeved this Monday and aside from the Protein Shakes, was at a bit of a loss for what other types of Protein to add to my list for further down the road.

specialk- can you attach some links to what you exactly use or any sites that you get them from.. I have not heard of them.

I'm just a week post op. I couldn't make the requirements without 2 premier shakes and 3/4-1cup Greek yogurt per day.

Eventually I will sub a shake for crab/shrimp/pulverized chicken or tuna. I have a great progressive diet booklet from my NUT.

She says, for example, to food process the chicken with BBQ Sauce. At your stage that'd be lunch with 4 wheat thin crackers. Maybe I can post the sample menu....

life is a journey, not a destination; so, stop running -H.D. THEROUX

A typical day for me;

0600 30g premier protien shake or frozen frozen fruit smoothie w/Syntrax nectar

0900 10g 1whole egg+ 1 egg white

1100 23g 1liter Water w/1 ocean spray flavor(cran-cherry) & 1Syntrax nectar packet(cherry)

1300 15g 3oz tilapia filet

1600 30g premier protien bar(this is a calorie killer but I sacrifice a few calories for the extra protien)

1900 21g 3oz pork loin

2000 23g 1liter Water w/1 ocean spray flavor(cran-peach) & 1Syntrax nectar packet(fuzzy navel)

There is also another liter of water throughout the day but I didn't list it since there is no protien added to it.

This is close to 1000 calories but has over 140g protien' date=' and is based on 3oz portions on the more solid foods

If you trimmed the portions in half and dumped the protien bar you'd end up at about 700cal and 90g protien

For Snacks you can try string cheese, cottage cheese, turkey Jerky, turkey pepperoni, yogurt[/quote']

How far out are you? Are you losing pretty good with this meal plan?

How do you make the homemade Protein ice cream?

go to eggfaces website and she has it all there. I bought a cuisanart ice cream maker (no salt/no hand cranking) and I have ice cream in under 30 minutes.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/08/protein-ice-cream.html

http://www.cuisinart.com/products/ice_cream/ice-30bc.html

they have a cheaper one for 59.00 but I can make a double batch in this one. biggest hint is you have to whip the Protein mixture to the point that it looks like marshmallow fluff before you add it into the ice cream maker