Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did You All Know About

Did you all know about possible gallbladder issues after having this surgery? Apparently when you have rapid weight loss... It can create gallbladder issues... Which I am having. I have to have two procedures in the hospital To determine If they are in fact going to remove my gallbladder... And I'm on another medication.

Would you still have the surgery if you knew you were going to have gallbladder problems?

I would still have it... But it sucks!

My surgeon told me that if my gall bladder wasn't healthy that they would remove it during surgery. Mine was fine but I have medicine that I have to take post op.

MIne was removed 4 years ago - so glad that I won't have to worry about that post-op - I know how much gallbladder issues can be a huge problem.

I had mine removed about 5 years ago and so glad I didn't have to deal with that post surgery... It's hard enough without that craziness! I had gallbladder attacks so bad I thought I was literally having a heart attack!! they hurt soooo bad!! Hope you can just get it removed and move on with your life =)

Mine was removed 10 months post-op. It started bothering me about month 8. I knew rapid weight loss (of any sort, not just WLS) increased my risk but I didn't care. So glad I had my VSG.

I had mine out with my sleeve- the only surgery I want after my sleeve is my tummy and boobs- that's it! :)

My doc prescribes actagol (sp) for 3 months after surgery to help offset gall bladder issues.

Sent from my iPad using VST

My doc prescribes actagol (sp) for 3 months after surgery to help offset gall bladder issues.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Mine did this as well!

Guest deleted_user

I didn't know about this... Thanks for posting!

My surgery is 5 days from now. I will still proceed knowing the risk and potential pain involved.

Yeah. I didn't know this before surgery. And I'm still in the process of diagnosing if it really is my gallbladder and then what they are going to do to fix it. They think some of the gallbladder sludge may have gone into my liver... As my liver function is down a little. Just went for more blood work today to check liver function

I'll update this when I get some results

I also have a toothache and my cheek is all swollen. Lucky me.

Yeah. I didn't know this before surgery. And I'm still in the process of diagnosing if it really is my gallbladder and then what they are going to do to fix it. They think some of the gallbladder sludge may have gone into my liver... As my liver function is down a little. Just went for more blood work today to check liver function

I'll update this when I get some results

I also have a toothache and my cheek is all swollen. Lucky me.

You poor thing! I hope this all passes quickly!

I had mine removed a couple years ago when I was taking HCG. It seems too coincidental that every time I'd start another round, I'd get severe pain. Mine ended up emergency when my friend came in, saw me on the floor looking miserable and called 911. Is it a requirement that EMTs and FD guys be all hot and buff? Nice when I'm vomiting into their pink pan all the way to the ER. :wacko:

Anyway, the ER doc told me they had been having a serious upswing in gallbladder attacks over the past few months. I was too chicken to tell him I was loading for my next round when had the last attack. I really wonder if it had anything to do with the HCG or WLS? Too much for the system to handle?

I had mine removed a couple years ago when I was taking HCG. It seems too coincidental that every time I'd start another round' date=' I'd get severe pain. Mine ended up emergency when my friend came in, saw me on the floor looking miserable and called 911. Is it a requirement that EMTs and FD guys be all hot and buff? Nice when I'm vomiting into their pink pan all the way to the ER. :wacko:

Anyway, the ER doc told me they had been having a serious upswing in gallbladder attacks over the past few months. I was too chicken to tell him I was loading for my next round when had the last attack. I really wonder if it had anything to do with the HCG or WLS? Too much for the system to handle?[/quote']

Hi ladybugs...do you find your sleev different than being on hcg. I did about three rounds over the last 9 months (gained it all back) but was always hungry on it. I am hoping it will be better with my sleeve.

Hi ladybugs...do you find your sleev different than being on hcg. I did about three rounds over the last 9 months (gained it all back) but was always hungry on it. I am hoping it will be better with my sleeve.

I did HCG before and I am not hungry with the sleeve as I was with HCG

I did know about the gallbladder issues, but I had mine out in 2002. However when I was a teenager my Mom did Optifast and lost over 50 pounds and she had to have her gallbladder out because of it, so I guess I knew even back then! Our bodies are interesting!