Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Those Post Opers( 2 Days & More) That Can Drink.. What Are You Eating?

What are you "eating" and drinking. I haven't started to record what I've been eating or drinking yet, but mainly Soups, shakes and teas, Jello in that order. I am still uncomforably gassy so Im dealing with that. I think I will start keeping track today/tomorrow. I can get my liquids down pretty well.

I have Protein Shakes, Water, crystal light, Soup broth, decaf/unsweet tea or coffee, juice (diluted with water), sugar-free ice pops, and things such as that.

First week I was drinking Water, and Isopure and decaff peppermint tea. Second week I started full liquid diet. It took me about 2 hours to get in 8 ounce Protein shake for Breakfast, I was only able to get in 1/2 of ready-made sugar-free Jello or sugar-free pudding cup. For dinner I was able to get in about 1/4 cup of cream Soup or 1/4 cup of broth at a time. I would save the Soups for the next evening or have my family eat the remaining. I always shared my sugar-free vanilla pudding cup with my husband, I ate half and he would eat 1/2.

About 5th week I was eating healthy choice bean and bacon , I would add about 1/2 ounce of Water and blend it, then put it in my small saucepan add a can of water and cook. That I usually had about 1/4 cup of per evening. Sometimes I would try to get 1 or 2 teaspoons of 1% cottage cheese in. I can only eat 1 scrambled egg or poached egg.

At 8 weeks I am still at about 1/4-1/3 cup of anything at a time, though I'm on solid foods.

Whatever I drink, I'm supposed to have 8 ounces per hour and have a total of 64 ounces in a day. That number is hard for me to reach. I have to be drinking non-stop each day to reach that number, and I get so sick of liquids towards the end of the day.

Not a lot. I got down about 20oz. of Powerade Zero yesterday and 16 ounces total of Syntrax Nectar. I basically drink every 10 or 15 minutes throughout the day. I also had about a teaspoon of chicken broth but since I can't get it to stay warm between tastes, I usually give up on it.

I eat maybe 4 ounces of food in a sitting. It takes me 30 min - 1 hour usually. I try and eat 3 times a day high Protein (protein shakes, greek yogurt) and then two Snacks (like half of a sugar free Jello, broth, or popsicle), one between Breakfast and lunch, and one between lunch and dinner.< /p>

I am 2 years post op... my restriction is very similar to what it was at about 8mths. I can eat between 6-8oz for a meal, depending on the density of the Protein. I have never had a problem with drinking from around 4/5 weeks post op I could drink normally.

As you get further out you will be able to eat a little more, that is when you really have to be mindful of what you put in your mouth! I still, generally, stick to my original post op plan of three meals a day as even this far out I don't want to slip into the old habit of grazing.

Is there a way to edit the original post?

Yes, are you using a computer or mobile device?

I am three days post op. The only think I really want right now is Water. Everything else dries out my mouth. I'm getting in about 70 ounces of water or about 5 Popsicles a day right now. Today my goal is to mix it up a little more and drink some Isopure. But I will say...it hasn't been necessarily easy. Day two I drank some beef broth and i thought the gas was going to kill me. Won't be doing that again.

I'm 12 days post-op, on full liquids. I mix one can of cream-based heart healthy Soup with one can skim milk and one scoop Protein Powder, mix that in the Bullet, and put it in the 'fridge to settle out. I then heat 2 to 2-1/2 ounces in the microwave every 15 to 30 minutes (slowly - if you go over 130-140 degrees the Protein coagulates.) I also drink the Protein Shakes I was using pre-surgery, and enjoy a few ounces of coffee in the morning. All that and plenty of Water. As long as I don't drink too quickly, I can get all the water I need, even as hot as it's been.

I am on day 4. I am able to get in 1/3 cup of full liquid like cream Soup or pudding at a time. I eat for a max of 20 min. and give it up. I can drink a medium sip at a time and drink throughout the day. I am getting 30 ounces of water/crystal lite daily. I actually find it easier to get in full liquids and things that have the consistency of pudding or yogurt than Clear Liquids. I am trying to increase my intake.