Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just had surgery on July 9th. I've only lost 16.1 pounds in 3 weeks. Does that seem like I'm losing super slow? I know it's not magic but I just hoped to have lost a little faster in the beginning. I'm trying not to put pressure on myself with a number but it sure is hard.

I am a July 9th girl as well!!!

I am kind of pissed off right now though, because I have only lost 8 lbs!!

Can you give me an idea of what you eat throughout the day so I can compare?

Best of luck on your journey.

I had my surgery on July 12th. I got into a stall but the last 3 days i increased my walking to 60 minutes per day and now i am losing weight again. i lost 3 pounds in 3 days since i increased my walking

Well, I'm not eating much of anything. I can only force down about 4 spoons of anything at one time and I know I'm not getting all my Protein in but I am trying. Let's see, yesterday I had a few spoons of grits for Breakfast, refrained Beans from the Mexican restaurant for lunch (I was with my mom and a friend and they were hungry), and then for dinner I had 2 jumbo shrimp that had been grilled. The shrimp didn't go down that great and felt like they were caught in my throat for a while.

Today I had oatmeal, a few bites of baked potato topped with chili and cheese from McAlister's Deli and that's all because I was driving back to work in Texas from home. I think part of my problem is that I can't get in much food and I absolutely hate the Protein shakes.

Im a bit confused I guess - I am still pre-op (surgery on fri) but I have my dates down of how long and when to change stages from Clear liquids to full, soft foods and solid foods. The few post-op plans I have read typically do not have us eating regular solid food until 31 days out. So, I am wondering about the shrimp, chili and cheese??

Not sure that this would have anything to do with weight loss, maybe if you are not getting in enough Protein? Just concerned about the quickness of more solid food?

You are losing on average 5 lbs a week. It may seem excrutiatingly slow, but my surgeon would tell you that it is an excellent pace. (I know, because he told me the same thing when I complained that I thought I was losing too slowly after a three week stall. I lost an average of 3 lbs a week in six weeks)

Remember, it is a marathon and not a sprint. Hang in there, before you know it, months will pass and you will be posting great before and after photos! :)

I'm 7 weeks out today and I kind of stalled out a bit. I know for me, it's because since going to regular food, I haven't got nearly enough Protein in. So what I have been doing is adding a scoop of unflavored Protein Powder into my morning special protein oatmeal, drinking at least 1-2 shakes per day and then eating nothing but meat at my evening meal. This and I need to increase my walking again. My weight loss is starting again slowly, but surely. This isn't a sprint or a race, and when in doubt, contact your surgeon, as there could be something wrong! G'luck everyone!

I can see where you're confused! I have been too with what to eat. But after reading everything from the doctor and here on the boards, I'm allowed those things. Chili from Wendy's was one of the first things I could have on my soft diet. The shrimp was chopped super fine in the grinder and I could have said that.

Dr. Garcia lets you progress to soft foods on the beginning of your 3rd week. I guess that's why those things are allowed. This week I can add in flaked fish. I'm excited about that because I hope it allows me to get in more Protein. I really didn't even have what was called a puréed stage but I have been grinding most everything.

Thanks for the reassurance! I know it's slow and steady but when I see people who lost 10 pounds a week for a month, I get a little jealous! Lol

Thanks everyone.

I know I have said this a few times on different posts but I will say it again - measure yourself. I am a slow loser (44lb in 31/2 months) and I do get discouraged when I see some of the losses that people post but I find that by weighing and measuring if one does not go down the other does. I weigh and measure once a week.