Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric Bypass 7/12/12...was Supposed To Be Sleeved..

I had complications with my procedure on July 12th, was released from the hospital on July 25th (spent 11 days in ICU). Basically, my surgeon took out the lap band, attempted to give me the sleeve (which we both agreed was best for me), HOWEVER, because of severe scar tissue from 2 c sections, prior abdominal procedures, the sleeve did not take, & my dr converted me to a gastric bypass (roux n y). in addition, I encountered a bowel obstruction which had to be surgically fixed immediately, & am now home on the mend, & with a feeding tube directly to my new tummy(to give it time to heal, it will be removed next week by my dr).

Although I did not expect any of this, & it was a HARD road traveled, it is what was laid before me and GOD brought me thru it....comfortably on the mend...

Sorry to hear you had troubles. I'm so glad that you are on the mend and giving glory to God for getting you through it. I pray you continue to heal speedily.

Good Luck I hope that everything goes okay from here on out. I kind of wish that I had the RYN but here only the lapband and the sleeve are an option. Keep us updated on your progress.

Praying for a speedy recovery. My dad was on a feeding tube for almost 4 months not being allowed to put anything in his mouth not even ice chips after his sleeve. Glad you have a positive spirit about what you've gone through. Good luck and keep us posted :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using VST

I'm sorry you had such a hard time but delighted to hear from you now! Truly God is in control and you are still in his loving care. Right now you need to rest and recover. Take it easy and enjoy this time of healing. Please keep us posted on your progress.

I'm just glad you're okay! Onward to recovery!

You're a very strong lady. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

What a trial! I'm so sorry that this happened to you, but I'm glad you made it through the procedure. Hang in there, it will get better. Praying for a quick recovery for ya.

I'm sorry it didn't go the way you planned--but at least you are ok and are on your journey to losing weight!

Im sorry to hear what you have been through. I cant imagine what u had to go thru but Thank God you are better. God be with you and keep you safe

I'm so sorry you've had such horrible problems vhoke, I do hope you recover quickly. Xox

I had complications with my procedure on July 12th' date=' was released from the hospital on July 25th (spent 11 days in ICU). Basically, my surgeon took out the lap band, attempted to give me the sleeve (which we both agreed was best for me), HOWEVER, because of severe scar tissue from 2 c sections, prior abdominal procedures, the sleeve did not take, & my dr converted me to a gastric bypass (roux n y). in addition, I encountered a bowel obstruction which had to be surgically fixed immediately, & am now home on the mend, & with a feeding tube directly to my new tummy(to give it time to heal, it will be removed next week by my dr).

Although I did not expect any of this, & it was a HARD road traveled, it is what was laid before me and GOD brought me thru it....comfortably on the mend...[/quote']

I am so delighted you posted. You are such a cheerleader for us July sleeves and when I didn't see you post, post-op I became concerned.

Sounds the the hands and brain of a skilled surgeon. I selfishly hope you dont leave us for a bypass board ;-)

You have been through so much! You are strong. Thoughts for a peaceful heart in a time of trial.

...and the day came when the need to remain closed became more painful than opening -unknown

Hi

God is in control.I am glad you are on your way ro recovery now.

My best friend had gastric bypass 2 years ago and she is so happy she did it.Reached her goal and is staying right there without much effort.

She doesnt dump on small amounts of sugar and she loves loves her bypass.

May the future hold lots of good things for you.

Wow, you've been through the ringer but you're still here! Congrats on that and may you heal quickly and most importantly, uneventfully!