Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You want maximum results? Look here....

I am sure all of you already know this, however I'll reiterate.

This is how my weight came off...coupled with exercise. I don't eat greasy foods, no pastas or rice (small potato only), I do not eat sweets. I do not believe in deprivation however I believe in eating to live. Eat foods that are light and non-greasy. Eat organic. Eat fruits. Dairy is important as well. Complex carbs are better to consume. Lean meats only! 1 can of Albacore tuna is 6oz of Protein and it has approx 1.5 grams fat per serving, 2 in a can. salad dressing has soooooo much fat and carbs in it. Take a look before you pour it all over your healthy salad greens. Too much dressing may become a double cheeseburger.

B- 8AM - Isopure shake

S-10AM - Yogurt (light dannon yogurt drinks)

L-12PM - 1/4 - 1/2 can of Albacore Tuna, 1 cup of Salad Greens, lime juice or light dressing (very light).

S- 2PM - 1/2 of Grapefruit (any kind of fruit)

D-4PM - 1oz of grilled chicken breast/tuna, 1/2 cup of broccoli, 1/4 cup of baked potato

S-6PM-1/2 of Protein Shake or Protein Bar

64 - 128 fl oz of Water throughout the entire day

Low fat, low carb foods in moderation, every few hours. 3 bites preferrably. 3bites with good restriction.

If you are exercising and the weight isnt coming off (Tann in your case 5lbs is quite alot so please don't fret).....then you need to keep a food journal. With constant snacking, one could forget exactly how many ounces of "snack" foods they actually ate, wondering why they aren't losing. I know people think it's ridiculous to count calories but it has worked for quite a few of us banded folk here on lbt.

If you exert 500-700 calories in the gym per day plus extra calories your body is already burning without doing anything special, say an additional 1000 calories...and you eat 1000 calories...guess what? You will lose weight. You lose because you burn more calories than you consume.

Say you eat 1,500 calories and you have only burned 1,500 calories (basal) then you maintain.

Say you eat 1,500 calories but you burn 1,000 calories....then you will gain.

Very simple guide.

If you look at body builders, they eat like horses. They eat good foods high in Protein all day long. They eat but they burn it off right away. Keeps their metabolism in full force. Working out not only strengthens your metabolism but it helps promote all over physical fitness.

Exercising Benefits:

Burn calories, increase circulation, improve heart health and increase endurance. The same goes for any other cardiovascular activity such as running, walking, stair climbing, dancing and so on.

Cardiovascular exercise is one of the best health insurance policies you will ever find. But despite its calorie-burning and heart-protecting benefits, its effect on weight loss is limited for many people, especially if it's not coupled with dietary change. Cardiovascular activity is great for preventing weight gain and great for weight management, but when used alone, it's not the perfect method for weight loss.

I agree with Tellly that you have to up your calories if your active. My doctor told with to have 6 half cup meals and to get at least 60-80 grams of Protein per day. Good luck!

Checking back in - I have been following this plan religously - except I can work out once a day only since I am up and out by 5 am daily. I do cardio kick boxing, weight training, stairmaster, walks on beaches, have been extremely active and have ate like a superstar. No white flour, only healthy carbs - no drinks or any food products with high fructose corn Syrup. I've been eating to live and notice a difference in my food cravings - however, I am still only at 220 lbs. The scale sometimes dips to 219 - then back up. I am losing a few inches but by no means am I losing still...I have been to the Endocronologist, General Physician, Nutritionist and now seeing a Holistic Dr. to find out why not losing....

Ive worked out since 1993 and I did slip severe into obesity. Since banding Ive returned to it. 3+ years now. I am almost as strongas i used to be. I say that the program above would be a challenge to me and certainly overwhelming to a newbie to fitness. I agree with you all in saying we do have time and can we really afford not to? No we cant. Use your head and listen to your body. One step at a time. heavyweights be careful!!

Probably some of that is really amazing muscle! Sounds like your body is reforming itself in some really healthy ways at the moment.

Hi Telly,

I was reading this thread and saw what was recommended as far as food intake. Right now I am struggling in this category. How much intake do you have at your snack and meal time? Can you give me an example. I am having difficulty getting in 1k calories a day. My fill is just right, I'm just not hungry. Julie

Here is an example of one of my days. It can be found in the "competition readiness" thread. It is a struggle for me to get in my calories as well. Sometimes I add seasonings and dressings to my meals to add more calories. I hope this helps.

Revamped. See my journal.

Thanks Telly. I know it can be difficult to get the calories in but I support the way you eat to keep your metabolism going. Thanks for the input.

Thanks Julie :)

Telly or others: has anyone taken the supplements mentioned in the first thread - it is : Scorch by Man? Just wondering how that goes witht the band - i'm always somewhat concerned about taking any piills with the band and only take what is absolutely necessary. Any cautions, special instructions, etc. Well, I'm off to the gym for my 60-90 minutes - wish me luck.

I did this program for 10 days with the exception of two exercise sessions - i only did one in the morning for 75-90 minutes, 1 ate one Protein Shake and egg whites every two hours until a smaller dinner and I didn't lose anything - good program tho - never hungry, lots of exercise - felt stronger but still fat.

I'm about to start the program, I'm about 2 1/2 weeks post op. I can't do too much yet, but I feel I must start exercising to get this weight off. I sure hope it will help with sagging skin.

I have a question regarding these small meals throughout the day. When are we supposed to drink our Water if we aren't supposed to drink until an hour after we eat? If we are eating that many small meals per day, that's more hours of not being able to drink our Water.

I have no excuse about the exercising. I am definitely going to increase my exercising! I am just wondering how to co-ordinate the eating and drinking!

thanks a bunch, Denise