Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats Up? Am I Doomed To Be Fat Forever?

i was sleeved on july 2. i'm 3 weeks and3 days out. i started at 236, was at 219, for a loss of 17 lbs. Today i weighed 221!!i've GAINED 2 lbs. Thats crazy! i'm following all the rules, getting in my Protein, eating right, walking on the treadmill, walking around shopping. Drinking my Water, even taking Miralax. I've heard of the 3 week stall but not the 3 week gain. WHAT THE HECK? Am I just doomed to be fat forever? Even after all this? I do not understand. Very frustrated today.

I'm only two weeks out so I can't really offer any advice. But I wonder if you are weighing yourself every day or just too much in general. Our bodies naturally have minor shifts in weight to due Water intake, salty foods, etc. If you weigh too often you can get all freaked out for no good reason. I'm not weighing myself at home, just a the doctor's office so it is the same scale and not too often. I can tell I am losing weight by how my clothes fit. I am sure you are doing just fine and will meet your weight loss goal in good time.

i was sleeved on july 2. i'm 3 weeks and3 days out. i started at 236, was at 219, for a loss of 17 lbs. Today i weighed 221!!i've GAINED 2 lbs. Thats crazy! i'm following all the rules, getting in my Protein, eating right, walking on the treadmill, walking around shopping. Drinking my Water, even taking miralax. I've heard of the 3 week stall but not the 3 week gain. WHAT THE HECK? Am I just doomed to be fat forever? Even after all this? I do not understand. Very frustrated today.

I was having the same dilemma and asked the same question. Do a search for three week stall and you'll find that it's perfectly normal. Your body is readjusting itself and in a little while you'll be losing weight again. Be strong :)

It's happened to me too. If it's really warm out your body could be holding onto Water, did you actually go potty or are you walking around with a lot of mirilax in your system?

This happens, it's happened to me and eventually it will come off if you are following the plan.

Best of luck. Sometimes it's very frustrating. I have weighed myself 4 times in a day and each time I weighed something different. I moved the scale and it said I gained 12 pounds lol.

scales really suck sometimes. Just don't read too much into it, if you are following the plan. Try making sure you weigh yourself at the same time. My new thing is to weigh myself after my first pee every morning and leaving it at that.

Please do not freak out about 2 pounds. It is very natural for our bodies to fluctuate throughout the day. I personally have a fluctuation of 5 pounds at any given time. You could have possibly just weighed yourself at a bad time. My advise is if you know you get all hung up on the numbers, don't weigh your self so often. I know it's hard but the last thing you want to do is become a slave to the scale. Good luck.

I usually weigh at the same time in the morning. Monday i was 219, tuesday 220, then today 221. thats what worries me. the gradual climb. It just scares me.

Weigh yourself once an hour for a day. You'll be shocked at how much you swing each time.

Very normal to stall like this. I have been in the same 3 lb range for since Monday. I jst went to mushies from full liquid so I am positive its my body adjusting and not failure of the sleeve.

If you are still stuck at this same weight on August 26th, then you have permission to panic. I would recommend staying away from the scale for a week.

Follow the plan, be very good to your tummy, eat low carb, get in your protien, take your Multivitamin, get in your Water. Exercise. sleep. Work out your "issues" as you go so you can maintain later.

You will accomplish your goal if you follow "the plan" you will maintain your goal if you follow maintenance. There is no such thing as an inability to lose NOTHING on what we are doing. Be diligent, and be calm...you will get through this.

Hugs and gentle, cool, white energy headed your way...

i was sleeved on july 2. i'm 3 weeks and3 days out. i started at 236, was at 219, for a loss of 17 lbs. Today i weighed 221!!i've GAINED 2 lbs. Thats crazy! i'm following all the rules, getting in my Protein, eating right, walking on the treadmill, walking around shopping. Drinking my Water, even taking miralax. I've heard of the 3 week stall but not the 3 week gain. WHAT THE HECK? Am I just doomed to be fat forever? Even after all this? I do not understand. Very frustrated today.

Imma tell you what I tell every noob that runs into this.... You are following the rules, and your stomach is microscopic, so your body has no choice but to lose weight! You MUST MUST MUST be patient!!!! Back up and look at the big picture. Don't look at your weight today. Look at the trend. In a few weeks you will look at "the graph" (in your mind or on paper, whatever) and you will see the downward slope. It WILL happen. Repeat after me: IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!!! I MUST BE PATIENT!!! Ok? I promise, it will be ok. ;)

thanks guys for talking me down :) i am so ready for change. scales sliding up scares me.

i was sleeved on july 2. i'm 3 weeks and3 days out. i started at 236' date=' was at 219, for a loss of 17 lbs. Today i weighed 221!!i've GAINED 2 lbs. Thats crazy! i'm following all the rules, getting in my Protein, eating right, walking on the treadmill, walking around shopping. Drinking my Water, even taking miralax. I've heard of the 3 week stall but not the 3 week gain. WHAT THE HECK? Am I just doomed to be fat forever? Even after all this? I do not understand. Very frustrated today.[/quote']

If you absolutely must weigh yourself everyday then do it the same time everyday and after a bowel movement. If you weight yourself after eating or drinking you will see fluctuation on the scale. Also as few calories you are eating you have not gain 2 lbs of body fat!