Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Courious

I'm newly sleeved and am still on full liquids, but I have a few questions. Before my surgery I lived off Pasta, pizza, and tacos. just wondering if it is possible to still have these things every once in a while? I have heard that breads upset most peoples stomachs..so I know pizza will be limited, but what about a taco shell?

I can eat a taco from Taco Bell. It hurt the first time but later it was okay. pizza is hard, I cant eat that much dough. Taco shells are better then flour for me anyway. I was 3 months out before I ate one. Every one is different. Good luck

Hi if I was u I would wait on that remember that anything with flour sponges and u will have pains stick to liquids than puree foods and then think of that bc if u think now u will get futrated believe I am new only 12 days out on sleeve and when everyone eats pizza or tacos I become sad n just the smell makes me want to go for it but then I stop n think of the consequences. Good Luck

The key phrase here is "every once in a while". The direct answer is yes, later down the line the occasional slice or taco will be ok. But in reallity your taste will change and the things you remember being so good just won't be as appealing as they once were. You start to realize tha with such a small capacity for food you really don't want to waste it by filling it with garbage that has very little or no nutritional value to it.

I eat pizza, but only the toppings. The bread is too thick even if you chew it 20 times. I love tacos. My excuse for eating them is that they have all 5 food groups in them. Ha! You just have to eat slowly and chew thoroughly.

I can do pizza (incl the dough) but non-crunchy breads sit heavy in my sleeve. Not pain, but they have their own pressure. I don't eat the "rolled" part of the crust, and most of the time I only eat the topping. "Most of the time" as in the two times I've had pizza since surgery. :)

I don't like crunchy taco shells, just soft/tortillas. I can eat about a third of a taco with tortilla, or all the filling without any tortilla. I don't eat fast food very frequerntly at all, much less than 1x per month so I have no idea what I would order "usually" but the last time we did Mexican was at Taco Bueno and I got an order of their refried Beans (which are the BEST) with some taco meat added in.

I can eat small amounts of Pasta as well. Not much, it's just too filling. Maybe 1/8 C. I'm not a big Pasta fan so this has been OK. I focus on the Protein served with the pasta.

I always order tacos and just eat the insides of it. I will usually get a steak taco with onion and cilantro and avacado for some extra kick. I can usually finish 1 really small one. Pasta I may have a ravioli with meat or cheese inside, as to feel like I'm getting my Protein in, but I will have this with chicken or shrimp. pizza the super thin crust works best, but to be honest I really don't crave pizza or pasta anymore. I know my body needs protein, so I usually want things That have a good amount of protein.

I have found that foods made from dough give me little problem, but I quickly remind myself that eating such foods could easily place me back from whence I have journeyed. I attempted to eat a grands biscuit, but chose to eat 2 bites and give it to my husband who is now controlling his diet in order to level out his bllod sugar. My husband is great and like his words for me I only want the both of us to be healthy. I encourage us all to keep going and to continue drinking our Protein Shakes. I have found ways to incorporate my Protein shakes into my Breakfast cereals and next I will try protein pancakes!