Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Sleeve Buddies From Michigan?

I am from the Lansing area and my surgery is 7/26/12. I am very nervous but ready for my new healthy life!!

I'm in Charlotte Chrissym323. It was the best decision I have ever made. We are close, so let me know if you ever need advice, support, or just to vent.

Hello again!

My surgery went well, it was pretty much as I expected it would be. Pain wise...a lot like a c-section, only higher up. ;) i have had a complicaion, though. My oxygen levels in my blood are low, so I was sent home with oxygen tanks. The docs had to rule out all of the terrible things such as blood cot in lungs and lung cancer, so I had a cat scan and chest x-rays. It was very stressful hearing those possbilities being tossed around. I definitely had the moments of regret, like "what have I done to myself!?" Looks like the lower back lobes of my lungs are a bit deflated and full of gunk. Started antibiotics today to prevent pnemonia. Yes, I have been walking and doing the incentive sparometer all along... so, just a bump in the road. I know the hospital part will soon be a distant memory, and it is all worth it! Haven't weighed myself yet...too scared after all of the IVs! I hope all of my fellow MI sleevers have had an easier time...can't wait to hear from you all!

Sorry to hear about the complications! How scary! Mine went okay no complications and I went home yesterday. I am not as sore as I thought I was going to be, feels like I did 3000 sit ups but it's getting easier every day. I still have a lot of gas which for me is more painful than the actual surgery site so heating pads have been helping me. I said I wasn't going to but I end up weighing myself this morning and I'm down a pound lol but I'm sure there's still a ton of IV fluids in me.

Keep updates everybody!

Surgery went well. Still having pain on my left side. Feels like i am lacking muscles on that side. I am sure things will get better each day!! No regrets, but cant wait to feel better!!

I live in Lowell. Hoping to finally get united healthcare to approve me at the beginning of the year! I will be using Grand Health Partners out of Grand Rapids or if I get denied AGAIN I will be going to Dr. Kelly in mexico! Hope all who just had surgery are doing well!

~Stacey

I live in Lowell. Hoping to finally get united healthcare to approve me at the beginning of the year! I will be using Grand Health Partners out of Grand Rapids or if I get denied AGAIN I will be going to Dr. Kelly in mexico! Hope all who just had surgery are doing well!

~Stacey

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with insurance. I didn't have a hard time getting actually approved but the hoops I had to jump through was crazy. I hope it all works out for you!

Surgery went well. Still having pain on my left side. Feels like i am lacking muscles on that side. I am sure things will get better each day!! No regrets, but cant wait to feel better!!

At least for me the pain is easing up every day so I'm expecting to feel good by next week. I have to force myself to eat since if I didn't think about it I probably would go the whole day without anything. Only problem I am having is I defiantly not getting enough Protein. My shakes suck and make me gag and I can only force about 4ozish a day down.

I'm 9 months out & down 93 lbs! Only 2 regrets... 1) I didn't do it sooner & 2) I didn't take my before measurements! I have pictures on here of my transformation. Feel free to check them out! I had my surgery @ Henry Ford Hospital in Wyandotte, MI and Dr. Kharbutli was my surgeon.

Omg you look amazing!! I'm hoping to lose 65ish more lbs to be in the 130s

Hey everyone =)

I am a Michigander too! Had my sleeve done 7/26 in Ypsilanti. I hope everyone is doing well! I haven't joined a support group in the area yet, but am planning to, so any recommendations you guys have would be awesome.

I am only just beginning the whole process ... my PCP is totally on board and very excited for me. I have my first appt with the internist at Grand Health Partners in GR on August 16. Here we go! LOL

I live in West Michigan, near Holland. Nice to "meet" other Michiganders here! Please feel free to add me as a friend, as I am new to this site and would love to get to know you all!

Blessings!

Thank you Linda! How has your journey been for you??

My journey has been very good. I couldn't believe how much of a difference losing that first 20 pounds made in my energy levels. I lost 25 pounds the first month, and I lost about 10 pounds a month after that until about 6 months out.

At that point, I was about 30 pounds from goal, and my weight loss stalled. I am still right in that area, but I am more toned. I know my body is changing even if the scale isn't.

I went from size 20/22 to size 12. I have a ton of energy, and I no longer have that negative self talk. I don't have the argument in my head about how much work it will take to pick something up from under the table before I actually do it. Now, I just do it. :)

One thing I didn't expect: my teenage daughters are borrowing my shirts and tanks and jackets. Weird!

Anyone having/had surgery at St John?.....approved today just waiting on surgery date....

Anyone having/had surgery at St John?.....approved today just waiting on surgery date....

I had mine St. John on Moross Rd. Good because I didn't have a roomate on the surgical floor which made my stay really easy.

I had mine at St. Johns Providence in Southfield on 7/24. Everyone there was great!