Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So while I've been awaiting my doctors appointment to set up a date for surgery I've taken it upon myself to give up Cokes. Which to some may think, why is she crying or writing about this It's JUST a coca cola....However, I was super ridiculously addicted to them. Still crave a ice cold coke all the time but It's been ab 2 weeks Sunday without one! I know I need to shake this habit way before I have my sleeve done bc I'm assuming I will no longer be able to drink cokes :(...

However, I need some help. I'm starting to get really bad headaches from not having the caffeine from cokes. I'm taking excedrine Migraine for right now but does anyone else have any other solutions to get ride of this awful headache?!

I know how you feel. I'm a reformed diet pepsi addict myself. I gave it up about a month ago but I admit I've still had a few here and there- but I was drinking like 4-5 cans a day before so 1 or 2 a week isn't bad for me now. No help on the head aches, except that they do pass after a while. The first week SUCKED but after that it wasn't too bad for me. Hang in there I feel your pain!

The best thing you can do is drink lots of Water or flavored water (low or no sugar if possible) and recover from the addiction that way. I used to work for movie theaters' date=' so my caffeine tolerance is way high - I'm a professional geek too, so caffeine and I are best friends.

But I don't suffer the same withdrawals, so I can only mention what I know works for others - lots of Water, and time away.

I'll tell you right now that post-op your stomach won't be able to handle that carbonation, and unless you want to end up in the hospital again after surgery, it is in your best interest to kick the habit completely, now, while it's cheap to do so. :)

Now, I'm a month+ post-op, and I promised I wouldn't do anything carbonated at all until a good time afterward - if ever. I caved, and I bought a diet pepsi. I even poured it enough to get the fizz out. Doesn't taste at all that great to me. Even accounting for the lack of bubbles.

Lately I drink water, water + Mio, Gatorade G2, or, for those times when I just want something a little more... juiced.... Monster Rehab (The Rojo Tea is my favorite)

No issues, but it's also not carbonated.[/quote']

Ahhh so helpful! Thank you :) I'm trying really hard to break this habit bc to me if i can be done with cokes all together then I think this whole process will be such a better success. As opposed to if i had the surgery and had to give them up a month before lol!

So far I've been drinking 3-4 bottles of water a day and when I'm not workin or out with friends I drink lemonade for a change up! Oh and Crystal light flavors have been great too!

I know how you feel. I'm a reformed diet pepsi addict myself. I gave it up about a month ago but I admit I've still had a few here and there- but I was drinking like 4-5 cans a day before so 1 or 2 a week isn't bad for me now. No help on the head aches' date=' except that they do pass after a while. The first week SUCKED but after that it wasn't too bad for me. Hang in there I feel your pain![/quote']

Thank you friend :)

I only get caffiene (pre-op) through coffee. I've been weaning myself off by doing half caf/half Decaf, and gradually using less and less regular coffee. I wonder if you could try doing something like that with tea.

I was extremely addicted to Coke myself... I stopped drinking it about 6 weeks pre-op and now I'm over 5 weeks post op. I feel your pain, it's a tough addiction to break. I think what helped me is that I switched to drinking unsweetened iced tea which of course has the caffiene to replace what the code had. I really didn't notice the headaches as bad and now I'm not drinking tea and didn't have a problem when I stopped the tea. I only stopped the tea for my recovery and I'm sure I will start drinking tea again when I can. I still get the urge to have a coke from time to time but would never try one again because I know I wouldn't be able to stop.

If you like iced tea I would highly suggest swapping to that for a while until you fully get past your Coke addiction. Good Luck!!!! You will get there.

So while I've been awaiting my doctors appointment to set up a date for surgery I've taken it upon myself to give up Cokes. Which to some may think' date=' why is she crying or writing about this It's JUST a coca cola....However, I was super ridiculously addicted to them. Still crave a ice cold coke all the time but It's been ab 2 weeks Sunday without one! I know I need to shake this habit way before I have my sleeve done bc I'm assuming I will no longer be able to drink cokes :(...

However, I need some help. I'm starting to get really bad headaches from not having the caffeine from cokes. I'm taking excedrine Migraine for right now but does anyone else have any other solutions to get ride of this awful headache?![/quote']

If I didn't know better, I would think I wrote this. This was me in May of this year. I used ice tea to wean. I would drink just enough for the headache to go away. Over a few days, you will need less and less and after 4 or 5, you won't need any.

On another note, I'm 6 1/2 weeks out and barely ever crave Cokes. Yes, I still do occasionally but its not hard to resist and the craving is usually a fleeting thought.

It's been ab 2 weeks Sunday without one! I know I need to shake this habit way before I have my sleeve done bc I'm assuming I will no longer be able to drink cokes :(...

However, I need some help. I'm starting to get really bad headaches from not having the caffeine from cokes. I'm taking excedrine Migraine for right now but does anyone else have any other solutions to get ride of this awful headache?!

Usually withdrawal from caffeine from giving up coke or coffee only last 2-3 days and it happens within the first 2-3 days after giving up the caffeine. So if you're having headaches now after 2 weeks, I don't think its from the caffeine withdrawal.

Also - when I've given up caffeine I took tylenol every 4-6 hours for the 1st 2 days so I wouldn't get the headaches and that seemed to work. Maybe if you try the excedrine on a regular basis for a couple days and not wait until you get the headache that will help. And like everyone else said drink plenty of Water.< /p>

Also - when I've given up caffeine I took tylenol every 4-6 hours for the 1st 2 days so I wouldn't get the headaches and that seemed to work. Maybe if you try the excedrine on a regular basis for a couple days and not wait until you get the headache that will help. And like everyone else said drink plenty of Water.

Thanks! I never thought to take excedrine on a reg basis I just been using it as they come. I'll def start doing that! Thanks for the great advice :)