Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wish Me Luck!

Well...I finally joined the forum instead of "lurking". I guess the fact that I've officially submitted to insurance is making this all real to me now...I'm ready to join the losers bench!

Cigna OA Plus says they have the info...let's hope for a speedy approval!

Well...I finally joined the forum instead of "lurking". I guess the fact that I've officially submitted to insurance is making this all real to me now...I'm ready to join the losers bench!

Cigna OA Plus says they have the info...let's hope for a speedy approval!

Welcome to the boards Mensch!! Congratulations on submitting to insurance. I hope you hear good news real soon. Keep us updated.

Good Luck to you! I am 4 weeks post op and havent had any regrets! ....Down 20lbs since surgery date on 06/20, and off BP meds...Very excited for you!

Best of luck for a speedy approval!!!

Welcome! My paperwork was submitted Monday to Cigna- I've called daily and they keep telling me it's a 5 day turn around. :) I am so excited I can hardly stand it. I hope I get good news tomorrow- or Monday by the latest.

Have you called at all?

Honey I called twice already!!! I couldn't help myself. This has been such a long journey, and when I say that I mean coming to terms with my weight and health and the things that I must personally do to get better.

Thank you all for your support. I should have been on this board much earlier.

But I won't lie..I am sneaking in some of my favorite foods before this pre-surgery diet. I am ok with giving them up..but I will get one last bite!

With you dude! I am just getting everything together myself. Hope to know something before end of year, because I would like to have my surgery during Christmas. Merry Christmas to me! Hopefully I will get approval, otherwise Dr. Alvaraz here I come with another credit card in hand! ( Pray that it does not come to that, but never hurts to have plan B!) I have several comorbidities so I am hopeful!

With you dude! I am just getting everything together myself. Hope to know something before end of year' date=' because I would like to have my surgery during Christmas. Merry Christmas to me! Hopefully I will get approval, otherwise Dr. Alvaraz here I come with another credit card in hand! ( Pray that it does not come to that, but never hurts to have plan B!) I have several comorbidities so I am hopeful![/quote']

That was my Plan B too!

Welcome to VST. You will find lots of information and support here. I'm probably biased, but I think this board is the best support board out there. Best of luck to you on your journey.

Welcome and I agree about the suppurt and information available here. So I have my Nut assessment on the 31st then off to Cigna for approval.

What is this 5 day turn around you are talking about? My surgeons office keeps saying 2-4 weeks. Please tell me more, inquiring minds want to know!

Welcome and I agree about the suppurt and information available here. So I have my Nut assessment on the 31st then off to Cigna for approval.

What is this 5 day turn around you are talking about? My surgeons office keeps saying 2-4 weeks. Please tell me more' date=' inquiring minds want to know![/quote']

I've called Cigna every day this week to see how my file has been coming along. Every person has told me the approval process takes roughly 5 business days once the clinical evaluation is recieved. For me that was the 16th. My bennifits were verified on the 18th and now my file is awaiting a RN to look it over. The person I just talked to at Cigna said if not today then I will know Monday. My Surgeons office said 10 days to 2 weeks- but I have talked to Cigna enough to know their procedure. Good Luck!!!

Oh hunny this sounds like a "ramah word" halle-loo-yer lol. I truly hope this is the case for me thanks so much and all the best to you as well!

Called Cigna today. First they told me that I was denied due to the fact that my Dr was not at a COE. When they realized that he was, after a 15 minute wait I was told that my case was on the Medical Director's desk, whatever that means. So I'll continue to wait...

Called Cigna today. First they told me that I was denied due to the fact that my Dr was not at a COE. When they realized that he was' date=' after a 15 minute wait I was told that my case was on the Medical Director's desk, whatever that means. So I'll continue to wait...[/quote']

Guess what- that means you're close! That is where my paperwork was this morning! I called first thing and they told me it was just sent to the medical director. I called later on and literally while on the phone it was approved. I have been very impressed with Cigna this far- I'm so excited I can't even stand it!

Wow! Fingers crossed that all goes well ... I'm getting all of my stuff together as well and hope for the best (I will be working with UHC).