Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Get Surgery At Wbamc

This is a process just like anything else~ There are ups, downs, restrictions, guidlines, the whole works! It takes dicipline and determination to be successful at ANYTHING especially WEIGHT LOSS~

This is a process just like anything else~ There are ups' date=' downs, restrictions, guidlines, the whole works! It takes dicipline and determination to be successful at ANYTHING especially WEIGHT LOSS~[/quote']

Agreed 100%. I let their negativity go in one ear and out the other.

Well my was done on post and I must say the drs have been fabulous

Did you ladies that had your surgery on post go through the "pathway" process??

Were you alone or was your Hubby or family present?

Did you ladies that had your surgery on post go through the "pathway" process??

Were you alone or was your Hubby or family present?

I did not go through that program. Not even sure what it is. My husband was with me. He waited in the waiting room and then came into my actual room but I made him go home with the kids.

Ok they call the process of appointments ie., NUT, Psych, case worker the pathway program which can take about 1 month then the final step is meeting with a surgeon to set the date for surgery and pick which surgery you want~ it's a wait list for about 2 months to begin the pathway~

Ok they call the process of appointments ie.' date=' NUT, Psych, case worker the pathway program which can take about 1 month then the final step is meeting with a surgeon to set the date for surgery and pick which surgery you want~ it's a wait list for about 2 months to begin the pathway~[/quote']

Wow yea, we didn't have that. We went to the seminar and then were immediately referred for our psych eval and then met with the surgeon. My seminar was feb 18. My psych eval was march 12 and my surgery was April 2.

Dang that was super fast!!!! I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get called sooner than later~ I would like to be at least 6-8 weeks post op before my Hbby comes home~ how did you or do you tackle the overeating mentally? Also how has your life changed since the surgery?

Dang that was super fast!!!! I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get called sooner than later~ I would like to be at least 6-8 weeks post op before my Hbby comes home~ how did you or do you tackle the overeating mentally? Also how has your life changed since the surgery?

The eating issue is mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter. I knew I wanted this surgery the year before we left Korea so I mentally prepared myself for whatnot expect. I really don't mind not being able to eat much because I'm losing weight and seeing changes in me. My back no longer hurts, I can climb stairs without huffing and puffing, I can lay on my back, and see bones I haven't seen in forever. Lol. Life is good. I'm loving me more and more as weeks go by and that's what keeps me focused. I have a long way to go weight wise but I'm down 53lbs and under 200 for the first time in 4 years. I'm over the moon.

That's awesome! Cngratulations on the weight loss!

Thank you very much.

Ok they call the process of appointments ie., NUT, Psych, case worker the pathway program which can take about 1 month then the final step is meeting with a surgeon to set the date for surgery and pick which surgery you want~ it's a wait list for about 2 months to begin the pathway~

Hey SensationallySassyT, I went through Madigan. I went to the Seminar in January and I didn't hear from Lakeshia until March. I had my surgery in May. The hard part is the wait to start the pathway program.

Curious 1905~ This wait is a Nightmare!....lol~ I am trying to be patient but it's difficult! I had my seminar this month and they say I won't get contacted till around October...WTH~ say it aint so~////...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get the call in September so I can be on the operating table in beginning of November~ I wanna be on soilds and back in the swing of things by time Hubby gets home~

How was your experience at Madigan? Who was your surgeon? I am considering LTC Sebasta~

Come to fort bliss if you can I got mine done rather quickly I got referred to surgery clinic went to seminar had mental evaul them meet with surgen set date it was quick n easy I'm two weeks out tomorrow

WOWZER! I wish it was that easy! At the seminar there were a lot of vets and spouses of vets there plus folks from the neighboring Naval base plus they only perform 30 surgeries per month~ I wish I could fly out to Bliss and get it done if it were only that easy~///////.....Unfortunatly I must WAIT!

T~ :wub:

Congrats on your surgery btw~ How is it going two weeks post op~